Tfw every semi-normie programmer i know is using a mac

>tfw every semi-normie programmer i know is using a mac

but why?

Attached: 1501634770600.png (600x600, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
triplebyte.com/blog/technical-interview-performance-by-editor-os-language
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because they are the best for programming

I don't know a single PERSON owning a macbook, let alone a programmer. Why indeed.

Because he is a normalfag trying to stand out.

It's got the only Unix like operating system with a good UI.

I have only seen comms people and mobile game developers use macs.

CLI is the only good UI.

it's the opposite of stand out if what op says is true.

Much better than Windows but still pre-installed.

>hated macs
>buy new laptop
>Hackintosh for shits and giggles
>it's actually kinda decent
>unix shell
>windows 7 polish
>everything just werks
>dev tools are brew install toolname
>not cucked like windows
>not tard ugly like linux
>fucking keyboard shortcuts though can't ever get used to Ctrl+Bksp for deleting

8/10 I thought it'd be a meme project but it's actually better than Windows.

macOS is unix like which is great for devs/engineers and opposed to GNU/Linux it is actually a good desktop OS and not a server OS that is desperately trying to be a desktop OS.

they're really nice computers. if you have the money, literally why not? typing this on my 2017 mbp

Literally this. Unix shell built in, just works.

>normies
i can tell you are one too

Attached: normalfag.jpg (1326x860, 398K)

Worst argument ever. Pay thousands of dollars just to use something that is basically free?

buzzwords

Normies are very susceptible to marketing. Spend $1k or so and get a laptop machine that compiles pretty fast! WOW!

Also your PATH will be more managed than it might be on windows with none of this "hassle" of Linux; amazing.

Linux is a horrible desktop OS, macOS is the better choice if you want unix-like workflow.

-someone who manages linux clusters 50h/week

Buzzwords? Do you even know what buzzword means?

>-someone who manages linux clusters 50h/week
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

>Linux is a horrible desktop OS
Compared to what? E.g., maintenance is much easier than on Windows.

> -someone who manages linux clusters 50h/week
You can manage Windows VMs on a cluster all day long and understand jack shit about Windows and only about where to click things in some VMWare Enterprise clicky gui.

So this really means virtually nothing unless you're doing it at least from a Linux tiling WM.

Linux is making for a really fine desktop / programming environment.

I dont claim authority, I claim that I know what I am talking about opposed to neckbeards who use linux to rice their WM instead of actually working with it.

Compared to Windows and macOS.
How is maintaining linux easier than maintaining windows?
Usability, compatability, consistency.. pretty much everything speaks agianst linux as a desktop OS.

He is trying to Hint that he's richfag

>So this really means virtually nothing unless you're doing it at least from a Linux tiling WM.
Yeah, autistically ricing a tiling WM definitely qualifies me more to talk about linux than administration and configuration of HA simulation clusters, implementing features requested by end users and automating day to day tasks with shell scripts.

>Compared to Windows and macOS.
>How is maintaining linux easier than maintaining windows?
Lel, that shows how much you're actually working with those Linux VMs other than "running" them.

From diagnostics to fixing issues and doing the regular updates, it's all easier.

I've been using a company MacBook for programming for the past year.

I'm surprised by how unstable and cumbersome it is. People always said it just werkz, but for me it requires a reboot every 1-2 weeks even though I don't do anything experimental with it.

Windows sucks fucking dick for programming, I always prefer linux, but if I had to choose between mac and windows for programming I'd go with mac in an instant because it has a proper shell.

desu I'd rather have PowerShell than Bash 3

>From diagnostics to fixing issues and doing the regular updates, it's all easier
Maybe if you have no clue about winrm, wmi, dsc, the configuration management suite and all the other tools Microsoft offers for administration and maintenance

I riced absolutely nothing in my tiling WM, I just use it.
That you think you need to "rice" it to work with it is just an indication to me that you're not actually experienced with Linux desktop usage, no matter what repetitive [or maybe clever thing you might be doing] "running" Linux VMs.

And the point is that indeed you're not qualified to comment on even desktop usage if you're not even managing these machines from a suitable Linux desktop interface.

> administration and configuration of HA simulation clusters, implementing features requested by end users and automating day to day tasks with shell scripts.
I'm actually pretty qualified for that. So I know very well that you could be just doing some trivial scripting in Chef, Salt, Ansible, Kubernetes and/or whatever the fuck you use without ever even doing much at all on Linux other than running some apt and config modifications. And more to the point, doing no work at all on Linux desktops.

considering you don't have any friends other than your mom, that isn't very difficult

>not expecting to have to reboot your normiebook every day
ishygddt

Wait until you try Bash 4...

How is the third world?

Same, im on my hackintosh rn and the only thing I hate is the fucking shortcuts. Definitely going to replace windows on my desktop.

On Apple keyboards, the Command keys are right next to the space bar. It’s much easier to reach for them compared to Control keys on a Windows keyboard.

Attached: EE8F5160-8E84-418D-8E7B-F426AAED2EEA.png (610x407, 114K)

Many hate it with a burning passion.
>>everything just werks
>hackintosh
>"""just werks"""
2/10 b8

The fact that the first thing you came up with in regards to Linux knowledge were fucking tiling wms just tells me that you don't know shit, you are just some neet who thinks he is a Linux pro because you customised your de.

Do some actual work with different operating systems and we talk again

That keyboard looks like one of those tumorous Microsoft “ergonomic” designs.

No, continue. List all of them. How about the great IIS powershell extensions to have OData authenticated powershell in IIS for management? Or WS-MAN?

There is a zoo of "brilliant" Microsoft tools, they all barely work for like two combinations of a Microsoft product running on a Microsoft product, and it's generally a shit show that usually makes you wish you were instead dealing with the worst ideas in enterprise Java configuration.

Never seen this argument. Would upvote again.
>post tiling wm
>customizing DE
At least you tried.

Attached: 1485281665513.jpg (1200x801, 208K)

easy to use and support i guess

He's virtue signaling that he can save money to buy ikek devices.

Bash 4 is awesome, but you have to install it manually on both macOS and Windows

You don't understand how the normie "thinks"

they gotta waste that student loan money somehow

OSX is worse than GNU/Linux in every single way

desu after you've gone through the pain of setting everything up, it really does just werk.
Even OS updates work fine.

triplebyte.com/blog/technical-interview-performance-by-editor-os-language

>desu after you've gone through the pain of setting everything up
>it really does just werk.

That's the opposite of just working, I can default install ubuntu and have it working in 15min.

OSX is worse than GNU/Linux in every single way

you're not me

>dad works for accounts payable/erp at big company
>starts noticing that his wrist hurts after years of programming
>buys a meme keyboard
>gets used to it after 30 minutes
>it actually works
He says it doubles as a security feature as other people struggle to use it lol

I don't understand that either, you can get better quality from a Dell XPS or similar.

If you have a windows computer you need full time support monitoring its status and fixing little things here and there constantly. The meme about Linux being a full time job to manage but windows just werks is almost completely the opposite of true

>not cucked like windows
UUHH.......

Linux is easier to use and maintain than windows.
You argue against desktop Linux and yet you don't work with them on desktops. This is like me saying windows isn't a good desktop OS just because managing windows servers and windows server software itself is shit.

Command line compiling and debugging is a lot more convenient than having to install Visual Studio + 40GB of .NET bloat

>normie
>using a mac
>but why?

You already answered your own question.

Attached: 1501815626374.jpg (640x510, 103K)

>normie
I refuse to believe that anyone but a bona fide autist would bring a desktop, even an iMac, to a coffee shop.

>2018
>omega nerds STILL upset about people using operating system x instead of operating system y

lol.

you only know your mom and maybe your dad so your sample size is small

mobile, Unix, good battery life, best touchpad, good keyboard

I use Linux on desktop, but it's really not that good on laptops

>S-stop fighting guys!!!!
>Ablbublublublbulbulbulbublu LETS ALL HOLD HANDS AND SING KOOMBAYAH
ahah look at this faggot

Mactoddlers sacrifice EVERYTHING to show off their poorfag fruit toys.

Attached: 1502616848444.png (508x504, 126K)

>semi-normie
No such thing.

what fingers are you even supposed to use for command+c/v
i can't imagine anything other than ctrl+c/v

haha