Does windows purposefully update when you are in a hurry?

Does windows purposefully update when you are in a hurry?

Attached: Pasted-File-at-September-18-2017-12-11-AM-1024x608.png (1024x608, 134K)

It certainly seems that way, doesn't it? Microsoft has automatic updates enabled by default because most people are too retarded to even know what updates are. Do yourself a favor and disable automatic updates.

No, because I let it do it when I'm not in a hurry.

That doesn't matter,
It will still try to install automatic updates.

You just snooze the updates for a few days when you turn off automatic updates.

The only thing you can do is set all of your internet connections as metered connections.

Attached: Ospicker.png (1559x1107, 220K)

Or fucking change a line in the registry.

Why are you people on the tech board?!

It purposefully updates if you're a moron and keep clicking "update later who needs security lol" for several weeks/months. Forced updates are the best thing to happen to Windows. Fuck normie retards.

reluctant windows 10 user here
the os doesnt honor registry settings half the time
the normal "disable updates" key doesnt do shit
in order to turn off updates, i had to set a fake download server for updates in order to prevent downloads. and even then windows still informs you of updates by booting you out of any full-screen program you might be using, blacking out your screen, and presenting you with demands to update your system RIGHT NOW
this shit isnt okay

fucking lol at forced updates. blows my fucking mind people put up w that

>the normal "disable updates" key doesnt do shit
Good. Fuck you braindead morons.

>in order to turn off updates, i had to set a fake download server for updates in order to prevent downloads

Jesus Fucking Christ. Why are you dealing with that, if you need Win10 for sth specific just dual boot Linux for for all other times.

>in order to turn off updates
Kill yourself.

what kinda moran do you have to be to have windows update on you like that? It gives you plenty of opportunity to reschedule, you can even turn them off if you have to

I don't use windows because I'm not poor.

I use windows because im a gamer

So poor and unemployed? Thought so.

The only way to use windows is running it in a VM with no internet connection.

/thread

No, I've configured it to only update when I tell it to.

microsoft shills not welcome

>samefagging this hard

the project my company has me working on uses .(bot)net framework so i have to spend a good half my day dealing with this shit
this is the best way to stop microdick from fucking up my productivity
im sorry, are you telling me that i should trust microsoft to push updates to my computer without personally screening what they do first?

If you can't figure out how to turn off automatic updates, you're exactly the type on moron that needs security updates forced on you.

Attached: 1505526464929.png (807x700, 445K)

an operating system that does not obey its operator is utter madness

It only obeys competent operators, if you're too fucking dumb to operate it, it takes over for you.

Attached: 1507274438880.jpg (500x375, 55K)

Except that W10 overriding user configuration for updates is a well know issue.

Unsupported registry hacks aren't user configurations, fuck off brainlet.

>part of operating system responsible for storing and managing all user configurations
>hurr durr those arent user configurations

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem when you disable thee updates.