Beginnering piano

what's a good keyboard to begin learning piano on

preferably something that will last from beginner to intermediate

Bump

Look for a keyboard with weighted keys and 88 total keys. I have a casio cdp120. Not the best out there, I'm sure.

OP you dont need to spend that much for a good keyboard that sounds like 80-90% like a real one

anything more than $200 and ur good as long as you're not a goofball

see

Just get an upright off craigslist. People just put them up for free sometimes. Get it tuned and you're good to go

I don't have space for a real piano.

All 88 key keyboards on Amazon cost 400-500+

If you want something that will last through intermediate then you'll need 88 weighted keys and you should expect to pay $400-500 USD at least.

Fuck it then I won't learn piano after all.

>giving up this easy
coward

>Implying it's a matter of persistence
I just don't want to, not can I, pay 500 for a keyboard.

If you think being a musician is cheap and easy you were going to fail anyway. Scrub.

>If you think being a musician is cheap and easy you were going to fail anyway.
i paid $300 for a guitar and amp that has lasted me from beginner to high intermediate.

i'm not going to pay $500 for a keyboard in the same circumstances.

Juno. Only buy Junos ever. You need one every year if you're going to keep up.

post the guitar & amp so i can point out how shitty they are

roland cube 30x
schecter diamond series devil custom 81/85

its not about how pretty your instruments are
its about how much your music means to you. : ) ) ) ) ) )

okay so you bought used, you could get a great digital piano (weighted, 88 keys) for $300 or less in the used market.

>you could get a great digital piano (weighted, 88 keys) for $300 or less in the used market.
find me one

yamaha p105

>there are people who don't use weighted keys

What the fuck? I can't even imagine not practising on at least an upright, to practice on a book weighted key must be insane.

you're 100% wrong

you're right, you got me. i understand and accept that not everyone can get a job and save up money for the things that they want.

>makes claim
>gets proven wrong
>resorts to "lol ur poor"
yeah let me take a break from my 20 credit hours to go find a 40hr a week job and still maintain my 3.7
thanks

88 key is not necessary for beginners
lots of cheap shitty ones on craigslist for under $50 - look for people who can't spell piano and try convincing them that it's not worth much at all
aim for weighted or semi-weighted keys
you're unlikely to find a good synth/piano combo so just don't bother with those

also it's a given but it must be velocity sensitive

you'd probably have a better gpa if you took less units bruh.

and i go to uni full time as well, but i still manage a part time and can save up when i need to do. i do have a 3.5 though, so i guess that's my only flaw.

i'm doing pre-med and genetics simultaneously

then it sounds like you really shouldn't be trying to learn a new instrument at this time, focus on uni and when you start making the big bucks, get a fucking grand piano and hire a top notch private lessons instructor.