Should i go see brian wilson today?

should i go see brian wilson today?
i mean i love pet sounds but he's gotten very old and his singing is just not there anymore.. (in fact al jardine's son sings all the high parts)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3sHh07TJh84
ultimateclassicrock.com/jeff-beck-brian-wilson-not-right/
youtube.com/watch?v=LYywI6AUYGo
youtube.com/watch?v=rKqJbowMMus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=3sHh07TJh84

)):::

It could be your last chance.

>73 years old
>still plays shows
he'll be fine

nah dont go OP haha

His brain is mush, he can't sing anymore, he seems to barely have an idea of where he is and what he's doing. Everyone who's attended one of these said that they were very depressing and uncomfortable.
I'd sit this one out if I were you.

>his introductory comments

kek

this post is false

>Everyone who's attended one of these said that they were very depressing and uncomfortable.
Saw him like a year/ year and a half ago. Saw him on the tour he did with Jeff Beck.

It was a bit sad. When he's in the middle of a song, he seems to be on autopilot. His voice was fine, but he was a zombie when he came out. He literally was walked to his piano, and a stage hand came up and adjusted the mic a few inches so it was right in front of him. He couldn't even do that himself. No talking to the audience. No banter. It just felt like he was propped up there to sell tickets.

case in point:

ultimateclassicrock.com/jeff-beck-brian-wilson-not-right/

youtube.com/watch?v=LYywI6AUYGo

His last show. Seems perfectly normal

...I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I'm serious

holy fuck the total age on that stage must exceed 1000

I wouldn't classify that as "perfectly normal." Seems more like user's account .

my fucking sides

youtube.com/watch?v=rKqJbowMMus

He seemed normal at the show i went to.

Looks like a sing along at the retirement home

well he never really enjoyed playing live since the '60s…

op here.. i think im gonna pass, damn its so sad to see the state he's in.
for some reason he's ok when doing good vibrations, but on other songs he's kinda dead (maybe bc its he's fav song):

Saw him at Primavera. Don't go, it'll just ruin your illusion. At one point I thought he fell asleep. Shouldn't even play shows anymore, really.

anyone here familiar with Glen Campbell, and the last stretch of touring he did while under Alzheimers?

This is even sadder. Still seeing him though. I got tickets to the NJ show at the Count Basie Theater.