Swans

The Great Annihilator is such a good album.

The last couple of minutes from "She lives" is absolutely beautiful.

Heard this album for the first time since I'm getting into swans. Heard Filth, Children of God, some of cop and now this.

Bought The Seer, waiting for it to arrive, heard great things about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!9EozERYY!2ueobGEMS0qZNf59sZc0RA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

True

Seer is pretty good, To Be Kind and Soundtracks for the Blind are better but The Seer is great. I hope you ordered the CD, the track order flows much better imo and I think it's how Gira intended it to be.

Yeah, I got the CD. I'm probably going to check out TBK afterwards, I heard great things about it.

they're both amazing, The Seer is more soundtracky and "unshackled" compositionally, TBK is more straightforward but everything about it is just crazy and relentless, its like The Seer on coke or something. Personally I prefer The Seer because it has higher highs than TBK but TBK is more consistent.

TBK is my fav after Soundtracks for the Blind. It's a lot more organic than The Seer, The Seer feels very tribal and cluttered at points, but the title track absolutely pummels you, TBK is more laid back, but that only makes it's intense moments hit even harder. Swans are Dead is also the live album to check out after listening to Soundtracks for the Blind.

Sweet. So, The Seer -> TBK -> Soundtracks?

Probably. Soundtracks is a very very special album in Swans discog and in general, there is nothing like it. Nothing can prepare you for it.

Sweet. Really excited to get into these albums.

Yep, personally I would listen to To Be Kind before the Seer, but it doesn't really matter. I hated TBK, The Seer and Soundtracks on my first couple of listens, but now I love them, definitely up there in my top 10 album list. Swans music always tends to do that to me. It's followed me all throughout my life in the background, I never really "got into" them until last year, but i've always enjoyed parts of their catalog when I've been going through certain parts of my life and now that I'm absorbed in their music when I listen to them it brings back a lot of emotions from certain parts of my life and takes me to another place at the same time, corny shit I know, but Gira is a genius.

SHES GOT A CELEBRITY LIFESTYLE
SHES GOT A CELEBRITY MIND

I wish they would have condensed the songs on The Seer into shorter songs like these.

nah

no

mega.nz/#F!9EozERYY!2ueobGEMS0qZNf59sZc0RA

Listening to Young God EP. Much better than Filth and Cop.

Swans EP also is seriously underrated. Funny how it has more in common with their later inputs than with their other earlier stuff.

Sftb > tbk > annihilator > cog / seer / filth > rest

I feel like this is their overlooked but perfect albums. The dark and warm gothic feel to this is catchy and dank. The only album that i feel is similar in consistency would be while light in the meme of infinity.

Love of Life is also criminally underatted

Should I just start with filth? I've never listened to any swans

SFTB>TBK>The Seer>Various Failures>Filth>Swans Are Dead

ahhh fuck, they're all great in their own way. fucking prolific band

>Various failures
Why

No because that would make the buildup and subsequent payoff much less enjoyable

>Various Failures

embarrassing...

Mm Killing for Company is my fave song. The live verison of Blood Promise also makes that song good.

Swans is shit

>putting Filth second to last
You indie-drone muzak loving pussy.

Killing for company is the best track they've made period imo.

It's so fucking good, the whole album is fucking good.

SFTB > Public Castration > Holy Money > Seer > COG >TBK > Cop = Greed > White Light > My Father Will Guide Me > Filth > Life of Life >Great Annihilator > Burning World

Soundtracks > White Light > Filth > To Be Kind > Children Of God > The Seer > My Father >The Great Annihilator > Cop > Burning World > Holy Money > Greed