Genres that won't survive after 2020

Name genres that were once relatively more popular, creative and liked overall but not anymore. Name one of your favorite artist from that genre and blame someone who destroyed it.

›Metal

Electroswing

Hip hop

>›Metal
light 5 bait

Sadly no

the world ended in 2012 idiot

Name one important metal band in last 10 years

Metal's gaining way more traction though. between the appropriation done by hipsters and BABYMETAL taking the world by storm, it seems that metal is not dying, but only rising in relevancy.

inb4 vaporwave

Babymetal, is that those 3 Japanese chicks? Are they even serious music or satire? Have never listened to them but I always thought its not serious for somw reason

They started as a funny gimmick, as a sideproject of an middle of the road idol collective, but then the world realized the potential of cute japanese girls dancing and singing over metal/metalcore/nu metal, and since then they have collaborated with dragonforce and probably judas priest in the near future. i'm a fan too btw so i might be biased.

>Hip hop
>Big Room House
>Country

deafheaven

Judas Priest fuck that is huge. Gotta listen to them thanks

I don't know that band

tropical house
trap
dubstep

dubstep's already on the way out thank god
trap's only gaining traction

yeah trap is clearly influencing artists on other genres

Honestly think vaporwave will remain, it's basically just really rough plunderphonics. It might not have the aesthetics or nostalgia theme, but the concept is simple enough to survive.

Nah, reddit is already trying to run it to the ground creating a new -wave every three months.
>simpsons wave

I hope trap dies. I fucking hate those hi hats

Rap, Kanye West ruined it

Sadly rap wont die but yes kanye did killed it. Its all gotten so fake and glamour struck. It has lost the street or raw content whether lyrics or production. Fucking trap influence is making it worse

>gag

PfFFFFT BWHAHAHAH

Fuck your hipster meme garbage

This is the only good answer in this thread besides Electro Swing

People saying hip hop are fuckif idiots

>'trap influenced beats'

Ay i like what rap used to be. But now its insanely shit. Probably the lowest any genre has ever fell in terms of quality yet still being so popular