What is the consensus on daft punk on Sup Forums?

What is the consensus on daft punk on Sup Forums?
They're whatever?
They're piece of shit?
They're good on the start now they suck?

I personally love discovery plz no h8.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zNRbP7U0Iq8
youtube.com/watch?v=OgcY6qlzdf8
youtube.com/watch?v=Gbb8kZw-xRg
youtube.com/watch?v=tEJpLDEOivA
youtube.com/watch?v=hpq7kJgjyGk&list=PL3DFBBF7715A74E4C&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=ET2heMLCjug&list=PL0F5441EF93718D01&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=KHJ-mIFpJPg&index=10&list=PL9EBFAB3646D48996
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3LgqQW64o&list=PLF3C45A8AE67D1A7B&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=OhJNaYYLDJg
youtube.com/watch?v=dKJfJMMsqX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit

Thomas is effay

Sup Forums is contrarian so i'd say shit

Consistently great. Good standard for solid mixing/mastering practices

theyve never made a bad album and with each album, they piss off fans because they value innovation and progression than repeating the same sounds for a decade

Love all their albums.
People seem to really not like Human After All though.
Homework is best.

Homework isbanger after banger. Def their best.
Discovery is also fantastic but a bit softer.
Human After All - no thanks.
RAM - meh... some good tracks, some awful tracks. Pharrell and Julian were horrible choices of features. Why don't the drums kick anymore?

Roulé and Crydamoure were great labels. Le Knight Club were consistently brilliant, and Music Sounds Better With You is one of my all time favourite songs.

Tbh they're probably past. I love disco but wish they'd just put out the game changing bangers I know they can make. Their new dad-rock take on disco just falls flat IMO.

tl;dr - they're an incredibly talented duo, just not as good as they used to be

All their shit is good at least.

Worst album: Human After All
Best album: Alive 2007
Best studio album: I don't fucking know, Homework, Discovery and RAM are all pretty great, and all have at least one amazing track.

>than repeating the same sounds for a decade
I don't know about that. They seem to stick with the repeat shit thing, but in a kind of good way. Their least repetitive album is probably RAM, and that still has a bunch of tracks that are repetitive as fuck (Get Lucky, Lose Yourself To Dance, Bring Live Back To Music, etc.)

shit music for filthy normie scum
fuck disco

>calling other people normies
>discrediting an entire general genre of music

They did some really great sampling back in the day and nowadays (TRON Legacy and later) they're making good original songs.

disco a shit faggot

POST FAVOURITE DP TRACK

youtube.com/watch?v=OgcY6qlzdf8
or
youtube.com/watch?v=Gbb8kZw-xRg

Discovery is a 10/10 album.

If you're a plebian.

The Foo Fighters of house music.

Name a bad song on Discovery. You literally can't.
Homework has garbage like Daftendirekt and High Fidelity, and useless filler like Funk Ad and Wdpk 837 fm

I am kinda split on them. They aren't bad or anything, but with how much they cop from 80s electro funk it's like they are the modern Led Zeppelin.

I CAN NOT JUST CHOOSE ONE
youtube.com/watch?v=tEJpLDEOivA
youtube.com/watch?v=hpq7kJgjyGk&list=PL3DFBBF7715A74E4C&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=ET2heMLCjug&list=PL0F5441EF93718D01&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=KHJ-mIFpJPg&index=10&list=PL9EBFAB3646D48996
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3LgqQW64o&list=PLF3C45A8AE67D1A7B&index=2

Daftendirekt and High Fidelity are decent tunes. Funk Ad is bullshit track, I agree

Bad songs on Discovery? Too Long is meh, Superheroes is meh too. Nowhere near bad though.

youtube.com/watch?v=OhJNaYYLDJg
One of my fave non-Daft Punk, Daft Punk tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=dKJfJMMsqX4

They were great, Homework and Discovery are equally great,
it is cool to hate Daft Punk here, and RAM is a sign of them losing their touch.

not punk at all.

Bangalter's best work was on "Music Sounds Better With You"

That song >>>>> anything in Daft Punk's back catalogue

Like to see them do more 90's style house. Those 909s and roland synths always sounded the best. Still would kill to see them next year, I imagine they'll be at Coachella.

I'm not too big of a fan of the vocal melody, but 'Around the World' is one of the catchiest pop-funk tracks ever made.

>Why yes, m'lady, I am a procurer of quite rare electronic gems. I am a proud advocate of the disco revivalists known as Daft Punk and the plunderphonic wunderkind Avalanches. You might say my palette is refined, and I wouldn't be able to stop you.

Homework and Discovery were great but RAM was abysmal and such a disappointment for the fans who expected the innovation we're used to seeing with DP's albums. It was such a crowded mess, way too many collaborations and no concrete vision.

new dp soon?

Underrated comment

Had no idea DP was Bud Cort and Bob Dylan.

>who expected the innovation we're used to seeing with DP's albums

Could someone explain me what kind of innovation had Human After All? Other than being the laziest major label album of all time.

alive 2007 is real good

7/10 discography for me. Consistently solid, HAA has some good tracks but it sounds better live. RAM also has some extremely solid songs and the production is second to none, but it kinda falls flat as a whole. Discovery and Homework are their absolute best, though I prefer Discovery for the accompanying anime movie.

based todd edwards, that's a collab right there