>[YouTube] Not Found

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old thread >> 65487256 →

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/dj15bkif
youtu.be/veJi9wCdNaI
youtube.com/watch?v=JjJbm8oRW6Y
youtu.be/4u4Jl7tuH7A
youtube.com/watch?v=Soqt2zK95_4
youtube.com/watch?v=VnA8phkSHIA
youtube.com/watch?v=zPu9RXFtykU
youtube.com/watch?v=9ukNT9fopuE
youtube.com/watch?v=u1h2XlqZtQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gilmours so ugly

forgot to put /gg/ in the title oh well

beat this o wait u cant clyp.it/dj15bkif

Reposting for visibility

If I buy a Zoom Gn5 or G3x or boss GT series will I ever need to buy another pedal? Also which is better?

been listening to a lot of smiths and rem lately

are rickenbackers worth the price?

ive never played one but i would guess not

i really cant believe u wasted that many minutes recording that

No. Just get a cheap guitar with humbuckers and wire them in parallel.

Well, I already weighed in last thread but boss is better apart from the amps.

No, you will not need another pedal if you get these, unless you get a bass. The compressors don't really work for bass... to my knowledge, haven't played newer models.

But, it's not like there's infinite pedals. Sure, there's a klon on the zoom, but there isn't a blues driver. Vice-versa for the boss. So you know, you definitely have everything you need, some people just want something very specific.

/gg/ is bad because bad players play bad and post bad
not serious advice
be careful

maxifriend addition
Sup Forums is bad because memes
aussiefriend suxx because he's here
pls notice me aussiefrend

how do i make sure my guitar has good intonation
i play on c standard usually

>maxifriend

Tune it well, then check the tuning at the 12th fret. If it's in tune, your intonation is correct. You'll never have perfect intonation on every fret, but the 12th fret is the best place to measure.

oh then i have good intonation already
thanks bud! i forgot about this

my jack output unsoldered itself and I can't play through my amp (other than just a loud buzz)
what a fucking moodkiller

Post your favorite use of your favorite pedal. Lead tone in the intro and verse here for me.
youtu.be/veJi9wCdNaI

youtube.com/watch?v=JjJbm8oRW6Y
3 minutes

I got a line 6 m9 recently and since it fits in my gigbag it's all i take with me most of the time

is the maestro any good?

TELL ME BOUT THE FUCKIN BITCH DEANER

SCRATCH IT BITCH

You bastard
Howd I know it would be that exact song?

I watched a vid on YouTube where their lead guitarist shows how to play it, with his effects. And its pretty much the reason I want one.

Also one of my favourite songs. I love you user.

Gj op. No title and broken link to last thread.

Link?

I love you too. BTW Trial is their best album to date. Listening to it right now. They have the blues driver on a couple tracks there too, I think. One song I think both guitars use it during the intro at the same time, haha. Anyway it's their first album with bass worth mentioning.

Peavey valveking or fender super champ x2?

I've been playing for 1 month, how good idea it is to just silently play along songs I like? I literally have 0 idea about the chords in the songs, I just use randomly the 8 chords I know. I try to pay attention to strings to see if I'm muting anything by accident but I don't want to hear my currently shit playing along the songs.

I also practice normally of course but will this fuck me up somehow?

It's a bad idea.

What. Is there a maestro fuzz in it? Ive had it for a very short time and ised it for bass mostly

youtu.be/4u4Jl7tuH7A

Also seen is his sabbat something driver, big muff, Proco rat, boss chorus ensemble and boss eq among others. Seems he uses the sabbat and the bd-2 in the song.

Yep, it definitely is. (If you don't count the FLCL OST)

They're quality things but that's up to you if it's worth it. You're not going to get a Rick unless you get a Rick, but can you get away with something else is the question.

I think it's a better idea if you play out loud and try and figure out the chords of songs as you play.

It will improve your rhythm I suppose, but it would be more beneficial to play songs you like that use the chords you know, so you are practicing both rhythm AND chord changes/muscle memory

Yeah, just looked it up, it's called buzz saw. Fuzz used on can't get no satisfaction, gated. I'm interested in the performance of gated fuzz compared to other modelers.

Hey guys, i bought an Ibanez RG350 at a garage sale and I fucking blow at guitar. What some gimmicky easy shit I can do to get babes on my D

Wonderwall

>Deaner Edition
I can get behind that. I ain't no Deaner, but I like playing along with their stuff.

Ocean Man Solo
youtube.com/watch?v=Soqt2zK95_4

Mister Would You Please Help My Pony Solo
youtube.com/watch?v=VnA8phkSHIA

Freedom of 76
youtube.com/watch?v=zPu9RXFtykU

Push Th' Little Daisies
youtube.com/watch?v=9ukNT9fopuE

Tapping is the objective answer...

Chords

Who can name the song that I shittily play an excerpt of at the beginning? It should be easy mode.

Plush- Stone Temple Pilots
youtube.com/watch?v=u1h2XlqZtQU

Yo /gg/ whats the Jazzmaster of today, a cheap guitar everyone forgot about from yesteryear which can be found for cheap to fuck around with.

Also, I think the world's shittiest recording setup (not mic'd up whatsoever and recording through photo booth on a Macbook, I know I know) may have trouble picking up the lower notes that I'm playing, oh well. Sucks because I wanted to record Just Got Paid by ZZ Top, but it sounds like extra dog shit because all the notes are separated by a muted strum of the low E string, which the computer mic barely pics up

You mean the squier VM jazzmaster?

There's lots of decent demos out there, look it up on yotube

Never heard of this band, sounds really great.

Nah I mean more in spirit, kinda guitar that's well put together but can still be bought for cheap cause.
Might well be I'd be best to get a VM Jazzmaster for that purpose but I was hoping there'd be a cheaper option out there I hadn't thought of.

Whoops brain fart, *cause they didn't take off

How do I learn how to write songs and melodies?
Can anyone give me some helpful starting points.

why do both members of Ween look so fucking old and terrible when they aren't old. They legitimately look worse than David Gilmour and are half his age

so I don't get it, you're looking to purchase a cheap, popular guitar that has faded from popularity?

Tons of drugs. I guess either more or worse drugs

Hey, silly question maybe but what about the playing or build of a guitar determines how long a note sustains? Like if you wanted to make a string vibrate as long as possible, how would you achieve that?

I can't remember those jap ones with the three piece necks, but that'd be it as far as old stuff.

There is cheap, funky new stuff that sounds good, but everyone will tell you it sounds like shit so it's not worth it. Think of your ego, man.

Start writing songs and melodies right now. It doesn't matter if they're shitty. Just keep doing it. You were shitty at guitar until you started practicing and now you're not so shitty. Same with writing. And it's okay to end up copying songs or melodies.
"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9. The bible said that shit and that was centuries ago, but those nerds didn't see Zeppelin comin'.

well firstly both, especially dean, have always been ugly

gene had a big coke and booze problem
but hes sober now, except now he smokes cigarettes and eats to fill that void

dean still drinks to excess (minimum 4 beers before every set), but substances don't seem to run his life the way they did genes

Basically you just want a really heavy guitar with a very hard bridge. Set up decently and there you go.

Shit tone tho

get a squier mascis jazzmaster

I've also found them recently, they are pretty good!

Nice, thanks. I don't even play guitar just curious.

what type of guitar do you have and for how long does your low E string sustain for

Is there any software in which I can slice together chords since I dont have my guitar with my currently.
Maybe even on the phone?

gibson les paul from 1969

sustains for 2 hours if I'm in the proper stance

filtered

Oh good. The troll is still here...

You can get a keyboard app, common fm synth is pretty nice. My phone lets me press like 8 keys at once somehow.

I guess I can't use my trip if no one's going to talk to me ;___;

Use it. He's not actually filtering you. Just fishing for (you)s

lol

Still me, retard.

>4 beers

how is that to excess? that would get me buzzed

posting videos of your playing is the only redeemable way of sharing gear. also good playing

I really really like The Pillows. Thank you pham.
Yeah that's gonna suck. You might just sound better by plugging into a Rockband cable and using Guitar Rig.
> 4 bears
> excess
hahaha, that just gets you in the mood.

is that a melody maker?

Do you have a point to all this?

Maybe they are one of those 1.2 L mexican beer bottles? so that would be 4.8 L of beer.

>
just get an Epiphone or Gretcsh hollowbody and buy the toaster pickups

>replying to attention-seeking faggots

To be fair, it's not like he's ever going to leave. Let's try to understand him.

>4 bears
>bears
>not excess
Dude if you're getting into the mood with 4 bears you have a problem

My bass guitar has had the same strings on them for 7 years. they sound pretty good.

What strings my man?

Today I played my guitar down tuned to C through a tube amp with a big muff.
Holy molly.

I have no fucking clue

Riiiiiiiiight?

Sounds fuckin amazing eh

straight jacks or L-jacks? For which guitar?

I like a straight jack into my amp and an L-shape into my tele so I can put the cable over the strap easily

>Dude if you're getting into the mood with 4 bears you have a problem
They are my kin. I see no problem.

Flatwound bass strings last forever

they're roundwound

>5 string bass is so easy
>if you play 4 string it's basically the same
What the hell /gg/? I'm playing 4 string for 2 years now, just bought my very first 5 string and I can't do shit on it. Does it take a few days or weeks or will it be an entirely new learning process?

What's so different about it? It's just another string.

>not playing with a octave pedal

My brain keeps getting confused where I am, on what string I'm currently playing.

That's what I am mainly wary of 8 string guitars. Seems that 7s aren't so much of a change.

eh, some roundwounds can last quite a while too

Same thing happened to me with a seven string. You will get used to it in a few days

I play a 5 since the start and going to 4 confuses the fuck out of me, don't worry.
But it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Really the only hard part when going from 4 to 5 is muting. Once you get past that, it feels like an extension. I guess. Because I've never liked 4 string basses.

Every time I tried a 7, it felt the same as a 6, they're easier to adapt to, the neck is barely any wider

this post sucks

emargancy bamp

Mark Knopfler