Band's Beatles Equivalents

Post bands and their members' equivalent Beatle.
I'll start with an obvious one:
AnCo:
>Panda=Paul
>Avey=John
>Deakin=George
>Geologist=Ringo

THE FACT THAT

The Beatles:

Paul McCartney=John
John Lennon=George
George Harrison=Paul
Ringo Starr=Ringo

I think Radiohead might be:
Thom=Paul
Jonny=John
Phil and Colin=George
Ed=Ringo
Nigel=George Martin

Lol XD good meme my fellow chap!

nah that doesn't really work

Nah, I think Ringo's Pete desu

Brian Wilson=Lennon
Mike Love=Paul
Dennis=George
Carl and Al=Ringo

Zach Hill = Ringo
Ride = John
Andy Morin = George

I was going to say Mike's obviously Ringo because he's the least talented, but he did try to keep The Beach Boys as a pop band, and Paul was the most pop Beatles, so I guess that sort of works, actually.

Waters = Lennon
Gilmour = Paul
Wright = George
Mason = Ringo

Pixies:
>Black Francis=Paul
>Kim Deal=John
>Joey Santiago=George
>David Lovering=Ringo
Although Kim going on to do her best work outside of the band might make her George

scary how accurate this is

This lines up quite well. I'd say in the original line-up Syd was Lennon and Waters was Paul though

deakin is ringo

I think the best one of these I can think of is Teenage Fanclub:
>Norman=John
>Gerard=Paul
>Raymond=George
>Whoever's drumming=Ringo

I was thinking about Talk Talk and thought it might break down as:
>Mark Hollis=Paul
Leader of the band, face of the group etc. Lead the group in a change of direction like Paul did with SP
>Tim Friese-Greene=George Martin and John
Obviously helped lead the group in a production role, but also made large songwriting contributions to the band
>Paul Webb=George
On account of making a great album after the band with Beth Gibbons
>Lee Harris=Ringo
Mostly because he's the drummer and only one left
>Simon Bremner=Pete
Left before they became successful after the first album

Lou Reed=Paul
John Cale=John
Sterling Morrison/Doug Yule (when Lou was in the band)=George
Moe Tucke/Doug Yule (when Lou left)r=Ringo
Angus MacLise=Pete
Andy Warhol=Brian Epstein

Christ almighty, what a meme of a thread this is

No way

Anyway, The Clash are:
Joe=Paul
Mick=John
Paul=George
Topper=Ringo

Brian Wilson and Paul McCartney are actually REALLY similar composers and they became the frontmen of their bands when they started to mature.

Sonic Youth
>Kim Gordom = Paul
>Thurston Moore = John
>Lee Ranaldo = George
>Steve Shelley = Ringo

>because he's the least talented
This is objectively not true. Of the core members, Dennis contributed the least to the band, even as they started becoming more democratic. He had one or two good songs like Little Bird but his crowing achievement as a songwriter and musician was Pacific Ocean Blue which is an above average pop rock album with some well delivered vocals but ultimately trite compositions.
As Brian's songwriting partner, Mike wrote more good material than the rest of the band (Brian excluded) combined.
Mike's contributions as a lead vocalist, lyricist and at the bottom end of the vocal harmonies were well more important to The Beach Boys' sound. He was an asshole and damaged The Beach Boys reputation in his later career but in his youth, he was a better artist than any of the rest of The Boys bar Brian and maybe Carl.

Yeah he did contribute quite a bit in reality. I meant that more as a quip than an actual statement of fact though.

Michael Stipe - John
Mike Mills - Paul
Bill Berry - George
Peter Buck - Ringo

It's something a lot of people sincerely believe though. I think people tend to mix up their feelings about Mike as a person based on all the stories and accounts of him being a dick with his work. I don't think there are many Beach Boys fans who would argue that the lyrics to Good Vibrations aren't brilliant but they're quick to forget it was Mike who wrote them.

What? Buck's guitar sound is what made early REM. As there something I'm not aware of with him? Did he not actually contribute a lot in songwriting or something?

Kevin = John
Bilinda = Paul
Whoever the fuck the other two are = Ringo and Jorge

I always thought the songwriting (or at least the arranging) was done by the whole band. They usually gave songwriting credits to the whole band in any case. Bar Stipe's vocals Buck's guitar always stood out to me as the most notable thing about the band for sure though. Maybe this user knows more about their songwriting process or something.

Also, a lot of Mike's negativity was in reaction to Brian cutting him out as the band's chief lyricist. Brian and Mike had a Jagger/Richards sort of partnership going on until Brian started bringing in Tony Asher and Van Dyke Parks. I'm not even saying it was a bad move creatively, but I can see why Mike was frustrated.

I'd say Colm was George purely on the fact he did Touched

>implying mike love is on the same level as van dyke parks

His motives are understandable but I don't think it excuses the way he acted at the time or other things he's done since like Suing Brian and firing the other members.
Brian was deffinitely right to find outside songwriters to work with and it lead him to make the best music of his career. Mike should have just kept accepting his paychecks and enjoying the ride.

The Grateful Dead
Bob Weir-Paul
Jerry Garcia-John
Phil Lesh-George
Bill Kreutzman-Ringo
Ron "Pig Pen" McKernan-Billy Preston

I'm not gonna bother with post 1967 line up.

Slint
>Walford=John
>McMahan=Paul
>Pajo=George
>Buckler/Brashear=Ringo

Stipe was the politically conscious one, so he had to be John. Wikipedia says Mills was the main writer of a lot of their more poppy songs, so he was Paul. Berry was main writer of Everybody Hurts and Man on the Moon, so he got George. That left Buck to be Ringo, since Wikipedia didn't mention anything he was the main writer of.

Zach is a show-off drummer though, and not the band's weak link. I'd say he is Paul.

The Sex Pistols
Johnny Rotten-John
Steve Jones-Paul
Paul Cook-George
Sid Vicious-Ringo

That makes sense when you put it that way. I think it's hard to match REM to Beatles members though because they seem much more democratic and like they worked as a unit than The Beatles.

I'm pretty sure Buck came up with the bones of Losing my Religion and was writing the guitar parts for most of the songs.

The Ramones (Pre 1978)
Joey-Paul
Johnny-John
Dee Dee-Ringo
Tommy-George

I definitely had a hard time assigning the George and Ringo roles.

Can't believe I forgot about that. Just shows how hard it is to make REM work, because Berry wouldn't really fit the Ringo role either.

Tbf though, if we're comparing him to Ringo, Ringo also wrote a few hit songs under The Beatles (with a little help from my friends, Yellow Submarine, etc.) and was a good drummer.
More than anything, I think it's forcing the fit to talk about Mills and Stipe's partnership like a Lennon/McCartney deal. Stipe was the most important member of R.E.M. by a pretty wide margin.

The Police
>Sting=Paul
>Stewart=John
>Andy=George
>The original guitarist=Pete
>No Ringo

>with a little help from my friends, Yellow Submarine
Those were written by Mccartney, senpai. Ringo made two songs: Don't Pass Me By and Octopus's Garden.

Metallica:
Cliff-John
Dave-Paul
Rob-George
The Rest-Ringo

Syd was Revolution 9

Oasis
>Noel=Paul, John, and George
>Liam=Ringo

The fact that Liam was included at all in Oasis blows my mind. Noel wrote all of their songs until the last few albums when let the others write a few, and it's not like he can't sing.

Roger McGuinn - Paul
David Crosby - John
Chris Hillman - George
Michael Clarke - Ringo

For the first 2 albums, Gene Clark is Paul and McGuinn is George I guess.

Red Hot Chili Peppers

John Frusciante = George Harrison
Flea = John Lennon
Chad Smith = Paul
Anthony Kiedis = Ringo

kek

this one is fucking good

curious as to why waters is lennon and gilmour is paul and not the other way around though?

The Doors:
>Jim=Paul
>Ray=John
>Robby=George
>John=Ringo

I suppose Ray & Jim are fairly interchangeble though.

U2
>Bono=Paul and John
>The Edge=George
>Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr=Ringo
>Brian Eno=George Martin

I dunno, Adam contributes quite a bit if I remember correctly. I think it would more be:
>Bono=John
>The Edge=Paul
>Adam=George
>The other two the same

Why would The Edge be Paul? He doesn't write any of the songs AFAIK. He's definitely the second most important part of the band, but not as important as Paul was in The Beatles.

If we're talking 60's Dead, then Pig Pen was John - He was the charasmatic one and took the "lead singer" role early one. Jerry was Paul - the one with the most depth who would blossom into the star later on. Phil was always George, he served as the glue and is always underrated. Bobby didn't play a very big role musically during the early era.