/classical/

Beethoven edition. Which of his Godly string quartets does the most for you?

mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b8gs4TozJbQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2KlpV_ZOk
youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc?t=21m
soundcloud.com/b-e-b-e-t-u-n-e/ten-songs-for-humanity
youtube.com/watch?v=iFunx2E2on8
youtube.com/watch?v=6mcxEtyEUw4
youtube.com/watch?v=NCfhn0IZ6L8
youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4
youtube.com/watch?v=LUAgAF4Khmg
youtube.com/watch?v=MRPEJkoEstc
youtube.com/watch?v=BYO3BhzTb20
youtube.com/watch?v=ImPB3T1X3LM
youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU
youtube.com/watch?v=9jIYhNhc08A
youtube.com/watch?v=2-Bjp9jptbM
youtube.com/watch?v=xOiycw4UQGA
youtube.com/watch?v=VyREJRz8wNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't listened to his string quartets yet? Is there a place I should start or should I just go through them chronologically?

Sure, chronological is always a good way to go. All of them are great, so it's not like you need to skip anything.

Good shit, I'll do that.

The Grand Fugue. What a brilliant son of a bitch.

Does a seeded vivaldi complete edition flac torrent exist?

not that i know of. it probably wouldn't have the best recordings anyway.

Pretty bro tier t b h

Hmmm.

I wonder why people harp on about how bad these recordings sound. I suppose the acoustic is pretty fucking dry, but other than that it has a really wide frequency range for its time and the dynamics aren't particularly compressed.

Nice meme

Have another.

why beethoven so much better than mozart?

Bump

youtu.be/b8gs4TozJbQ
More like this?

is classical the apex of music? I just started listening a few months ago. All other music doesn't compare to me, in richness or obviously composition. I look to my guitar and I feel no motivation to pick it up, I hear about how hard it is to learn violin as an adult and I'm like fuck, I will never be able to make something like this.

I guess this is a pretty obvious one; nevertheless...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2KlpV_ZOk

What are some god-tier pieces for cello? I need something to play after I get good at the piece I'm practicing right now.

Mozart is Mount Everest, Beethoven is Olympus Mons.

Anything by Bach

Bach's cello suites
Cello sonatas by Kodály, Brahms, Debussy. Beethoven, and Carter.

It is the apex but mainly because of the great geniuses that lived during that time. I always said that Beethoven wasn't the best because he was a classical composer, classical was the best because Beethoven composed for it.

Dvorak's cello concerto

>tfw all the good music is already done and there is nothing left for future generations

youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc?t=21m

What song is this at 21 minutes? Not classical - don't even care. Thanks lads.

soundcloud.com/b-e-b-e-t-u-n-e/ten-songs-for-humanity

thoughts?

The new Bach

fuck off clt

CLT liked Mozart better, newfag.

You're thinking of Poly.

When will this meme stop?
Poly doesn't hate Mozart. In fact, no one here hates Mozart, except for the contrarians and the newfriends who don't see anything particular about Mozart's music so they start spewing memes.

When one underrates Mozart, there is an implied hatred, when one enjoys Mozart there is an implied underrating

CLT (troll character) preferred Mozart. Richard (real person) preferred Beethoven.

Know the difference.

I miss CLT. Whatever happened to him?

He's pretending to be dead and anons from time to time.

How do you know that?

He retired the character.

newfag get out

it's too bad. the current crop of tripfags is pretty lacking. they're not very interesting, save for unty, and that's just because of how incredibly autistic he is.

Poly said Mozart has no emotion and even called him "Mehzart."

What tripfags? The only ones who post somewhat occasionally are SDF and Poly. And SDF is dead 90% of the time because of school.

dont konw that feel, sorry user.

some mozart has emotion. some.

You're the newfag clearly as you don't know CLT posted anonymously as a Mozart underrater as a tactic

all of britten's pieces for cello, they are brilliant but they take multiple listens to start to understand
my favorite is the chaccone from his second suite

I really enjoy Carlo Gesualdo. Where do I go from here? Any decent charts with his style of music?

Ugh, Britten. Populist junk.... He was more concerned with sucking the people's cocks than he was with creating good music.

bump

All english music after Purcell is putrid overwrought firetruck shit and should be shoved into a hole and forgotten.

Prove me wrong

Any recs based on these two works?

Suicide desu

listen to mozart

Maybe not holst but he was a nutcase and way too deep into numerology

Fuck vaughn williams though

yeah
i love mass in c minor already

Sacred music. New Complexity

pic

Brittens cello sonatas are the opposite of "populist" In fact most of his music tends to prefer form over popularity. His weird close harmonies and strict inversions for example

cool thanks

>schubert and mahler
>suggesting mozart

come on, at least TRY to keep it impressionist.

Ravel, Debussy, Sibelius...

Schumann, Dichterliebe

>Sacred music. New Complexity
>english
>sacred
>implying it's not a country of literal satanic pedophiles
>new complexity
>literally computer music except not actually clever and interesting like xenakis
Try harder.
Holst is the epitome of english firetruck garbage.

Nuke """""""Great"""""""" Britain today.

4lastsongsSchwarzkopfmind

Yes there are some great 20th/21st century sacred composers from England. Educate yourself.

>Xenakis
Now that's the good shit.

Suggestions like Xen, Haas, Ligeti?

No, there is not.

>impressionist
not only that but i was hoping for something thematically similar w/ stunning vocal performances too
anyway you guys always deliver thanks a lot
any particular recording?

fuck off poly

Back when opera singers were hot AND sounded good too. Oooh, those were the days.

I'd like to let her Schwarzkopf on my dick, efgyanowaaummsaiyan

>Haas
Why.

Fausto Romitelli, Iancu Dumitrescu/Ana-Maria Avram, Mauricio Kagel, Georges Aperghis (Xenakis student), Dick Raaijmakers, Simon Steen-Andersen and Yannis Kyriakides.

youtube.com/watch?v=iFunx2E2on8

I love Kagel, Raaijmakers, Kyriakides but will definitely check the others out.

>impressionist

Is this his last recording?

bump

>that subtle pic
WE

Beethoven looks like a nigga on this pic.

Beethoven was a black man

Plato divides the soul into three parts: rational (λογιστιkόν), spirited (θυμοειδές), and appetitive (ἐπιθυμητιkόν).

Similarly, St. Paul has: spirit (pneuma), soul (psyche), and flesh (soma).

Now I think we can divide music into three categories according to which part of our soul or psychology it most appeals to :-

Appetitive / somatic - this music is mostly rhythm based, influencing the body; it is suited to dancing, marching, or just thrashing. The typical instrument is the drum. It is the least spiritual / most carnal. Example would be marching band music, hip hop with a heavy beat, heavier forms of rock music, etc. People that listen to music for bodily thrill/excitement prefer this kind of music.

Spirited / psychotic - this music is based mostly on harmony, and influences the emotions; it can be the most complex form of music because of the wide range of human emotions; its typical instruments are the piano, violin, guitar, which can express emotion. It lies in between carnal and spiritual music. Examples would be the more emotional/melodic pop and rock music, piano or guitar suites, most symphonies, etc. People that listen to music for "feels" like this kind of music.

Rational / pneumatic - this music is based mostly on melody; it is usually a lot simpler than the second because it appeals to the spiritual part of the soul, which is a lot less complex than the emotions; its typical instruments are the voice, the flute, the harp. Examples would be Gregorian chant, a lot of ancient mystic/spiritual chant in general, sacred polyphony, certain more "ambient" forms of pop/rock. People listen to this music for rest, contemplation, peace; it is often perceived as boring because it doesn't have bodily or emotional thrills.

Vaughan-Williams is pretty good and Holst has a few good pieces. Seems like none of them embraced modernism though like the Russians did.

I'm English and I agree

English music is just trash though, whereas German music is grotesque

Neat.

let's take a look

French sacred music:
youtube.com/watch?v=6mcxEtyEUw4
youtube.com/watch?v=NCfhn0IZ6L8

Italian sacred music:
youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4
youtube.com/watch?v=LUAgAF4Khmg

Spanish sacred music:
youtube.com/watch?v=MRPEJkoEstc
youtube.com/watch?v=BYO3BhzTb20

And then we have, GERMAN sacred music:
youtube.com/watch?v=ImPB3T1X3LM
youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU

Care to explain yourselves, Kraut scum?

>Josquin
>Italian

wrong link
youtube.com/watch?v=9jIYhNhc08A

Richard here. I do in fact prefer Mozart to Beethoven (but Schubert to Mozart, and Beethoven to Haydn).

>Richard here.

nice digits

Thanks.
Way to underrate Mozart btw.

Even I can't not underrate him ;_;

Also, Polish sacred music:

youtube.com/watch?v=2-Bjp9jptbM

But yeah, German music is a meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=xOiycw4UQGA
youtube.com/watch?v=VyREJRz8wNI

Russia

Mozart's quartets > Beethoven's quartets.

Best version coming through

Post a Mozart string quartet better than Haydn's.

K.465

can I see what you guys' music players look like?