What's this unwritten rule with vaporwave that nobody should tell anyone what sample they've used...

what's this unwritten rule with vaporwave that nobody should tell anyone what sample they've used? it's so looked down upon to ask, which is weird considering it's essentially using someone else's work in the first place.

because once you find the original sample you'll see just how little the vaporshitter changed it

are there any new genres other than vaporwave
>inb4 trap
>inb4 footwork
>inb4 vaporwave derivatives.

Are you seriously asking if there exist any recent genres other than vaporwave?

point us to some, oh gran autisto.

how many of the popular vaporwave bands are you in touch with to ask?

seriously, my man. I even made a thread about it

He can ask whatever he wants to, user.

Why do you still breath?
Kys

this is the truth

Tropical house is really big this summer but its kinda a pleb genre

Actually any kind of edm styled genre you can essentially cut it up and use it with a completely different style and as long as the percussion or chord progressions stays similar to the style then it works. Take this pic for example search em up, although I think memewave is just a meme if that makes any sense

It's more fun and rewarding for the listener to find the sample for themselves than having the artist openly say what it is. It's like a treasure hunt in a way. It's no fun if the pirate tells you exactly where his treasure is buried.

In my opinion uk bass muisc is what's popular among the mainstream would be future type genres like flume for example or odeza, and I live in Canada so I'm specifically speaking here

it's not this. all you need to do is Google the lyrics

That doesn't always work.

no I agree with the guy its stupid that way but it's kinda like that in all genres or DJs just keep them secrets among themselves so producers dont get that shit

vaperwave attracts adolescents maybe you remember if you might have went through an arrogant hipster pretentious phase thinking that because maybe "Only you know about something" it makes you cool or something.

so vaperwave you type in youtube.com funk 1982 and then you find one with under like 5k views so then there's a good chance your other 14 year old listeners don't recognize what you 'sampled' so to summarize

can't tell you my 'sample' because
a. i'm cool
b. if you knew the sample you'd realize how little work i put into my 'production'

vaperwave answer would be: can't know the sample, ruin the mystery of the 'feeling'

This.

It's strictly plunderphonics, which is taking a song and using it in a completely different composition. So I guess they don't want to tell anyone the samples because they often don't change the song that often. They just put it in a different atmosphere.

That literally has been a thing since 2014