is this proto-slowcore?

no

no

no

*kisses you on the cheek*

No, it's proto-notsoproto-gothic rock

lol

What does that mean???

Is Closer the greatest final album released by a band?

Post-punk and goth were probably the earliest influences. I feel like The Smiths had some proto-slowcore songs and were probably an influence on the early slowcore bands like Galaxie 500.

no its not, proto slowcore is a lot of 70s inspired artists such as pink floyd and albums like dark side of the moon, argue me faggets

not a real genre

Are you implying that slow doom-laden music didn't exist before Joy Division

Tough call, quite frankly.

>what did he mean by this?

I get this reference.

no
absolutely not

closer is top 50 greatest albums ever made

slowcore is the dumbest genre

this, Duster, Slint etc. sound nothing alike for instance

No nigger, it's early goth if proto-anything.

>slint
>slowcore

lol summerfag

No, it's too stark and harsh. Pretty much every slowcore band seems to be mainly based in folk rock. Sure, the melancholic themes probably influenced a lot of slowcore musicians, but the actual song structures are completely different. Joy Division uses vintage electronics, has the bass lead with the guitar starkly chiming, and Curtis' vocals are a spoken croon. With most slowcore bands there's a leading guitar that's typically acoustic or semi-acoustic though there's also often a second guitar to bring in distortion. The vocals are typically sung very softly, in contrast to Curtis' straightforward delivery. The bass in slowcore is much softer. The production on Closer is also much cleaner than on most slowcore albums, which can sometimes be almost lo-fi. The one slowcore band I can think of that probably has a really strong JD influence is Codeine, but for the most part I see slowcore as an outgrowth of the 80s American underground.

UR A NUT

kill yourself, OP