/experimental/

Hello friends, this is a thread for experimental music discussion. To clarify: Noise, drone, electroacoustic, free improvisation, futurism, indeterminacy, musique concrete, sound collage, and all that good stuff.

What have you been listening to? What have you been making? Movie and literature recommendations, concert experiences, gear, etc. are all welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/nqmanikoi
youtu.be/NbnKIu2f4dA
ohmresistance.bandcamp.com/album/unanswered
grindcorekaraoke.com/album/the-despised-pastora
immigrantbreastnest.com/album/the-entertainment
axelpowrie.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/your-browser-does-not-support-audio.html
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nikos_veliotis__taku_sugimoto__kazushige_kinoshita_and_taku_unami/カルテット__quartet_/
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2525311
shitmix.bandcamp.com/album/comupter-mortem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm going to see Sunn O))) later today.
Have you heard anything by Big Brave or Hisses (their opening acts)?
Detroit had a "Trip Metal Fest" last weekend at which Morton Subotnick played and spoke.
What is the album in your post?

Redpill me on pic related

you won't care about the opening acts after sunn o))) plays

Nikos Veliotis, Taku Sugimoto, Kazushige Kinoshita, Taku Unami – Quartet

what's the best onkyo release of 2016 so far

Kys

point proven

Kys by Wdhmbt is a great 2016 onkyo album, you have good taste user!

Man, I just found out last week that Sissy Spacek and Oren Ambarchi are featured on Black One. Strange, but it kind of opened me up a bit towards their music in a unexpected way.
I haven't listened to music for quite a bit now. Most recently I was into ASTRO's The Echo From The Purple Dawn. It has an interesting progressive-electronic approach towards noise and it manages to do quite a lot with simple dynamic plays, even if the textures and the sheer soundwork on it are immense on their own.
Besides that I've been listening to Nazoranai live shows, which are really something special.

I went to a butoh show last week too, which was really awesome, since I think it was the first butoh show in my country ever. It helped me a lot in understating the balance between the artist and his body. Something I've been thinking about a lot recently.

soundcloud
soundcloud.com/nqmanikoi
>tape, free improv, noise
I've recently bought a mixer, but I have yet to use it, since I fucked up my left wrist for the next two-three weeks.

youtu.be/NbnKIu2f4dA

inferior rich-core

mathieu werchowski is objectively much better

>experimental
>two hours of silence

I visit a very limited amount of noise/experimental events. Maybe up to two underground gigs a year. To me it's music which you're better off listen at home. Of course you might now think that I'm a dumb party bro /bleep/er lad. How much experimental music you listen to in relation to more danceable stuff, mu?

>Speak Onion
ohmresistance.bandcamp.com/album/unanswered

(Speak Onion might be a good experimental/noise entry for people who like to listen to hard dnb, for example)

>Genus Inkasso
grindcorekaraoke.com/album/the-despised-pastora

>Various Artists - The Entertainment
immigrantbreastnest.com/album/the-entertainment

Reminder that only embryos and tryhards still like Quartet. It got memed so hard that Anti even deleted his rating.

I haven't heard or heard of the album. What is it and why is it a meme?

Is this the avant-teen general?

recorded this a couple of days ago.
extremely minimal EAI. I encourage you to listen in a quiet environment with an open mind.
axelpowrie.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/your-browser-does-not-support-audio.html

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nikos_veliotis__taku_sugimoto__kazushige_kinoshita_and_taku_unami/カルテット__quartet_/

yes. welcome.
any other Ausfags here? if you can you should head to the Avantwhatever festival in Melbourne this July. It'll be good.

here to download

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2525311

you will understand why it's a meme.

>it's an "RYMcore baby makes his own clueless and uneducated EAI/onkyo/drone/noise recording after hearing less than a handful of meme albums from the genre"

No thanks.

jesus christ those comments are so cringeworthy.
fucking Sup Forums man. fucking Sup Forums

stop letting other people dictate your opinions

ok

What an extremely typical clueless RYMcore baby response. Pathetic.

Post a more experimental album.
Pro-tip: you can't.

Lmao. Never Change Sup Forums.

anyone else got any RYMcore for us?
Ignore the sour chaps above. post your original material!

>whole thread full of nothing but avant-teen meme shit and nothing else

Wew, I see Sup Forums really knows its shit when it comes to "experimental" music.

what would you like to see posted? why don't you post something?

Link ?

I made a footwork track using only audio from some raw video footage from The Tracy Fragments I got in an editing course I took last semester. The "melody" is pretty meh becuase I threw it together over a couple nights and the vocal samples don't really fit together thematically but I think I have a solid groove. Would anyone be interested?

oh shit, if Sugimoto is involved I might have to check this out

I don't think this is the right thread for it.

Why I asked rather than just post. Thanks.

Murcof - Cosmos II is one of the best tracks in the scene.

>a superiority complex, anger, a low-self esteem, and holy cow syndrome

have you never come across RYMcore autists before or somethin
all of them suffer from all these things
that's why they get into "the RYMcore lyfestyle" in the first place

the "RYMcore lyfe style" is a coping mechanism
like dudes who lift weights and get "hella fuckin jacked bro" to make up for their 3-inch peckers

i thought merzbow only performed with other vegan straight edge zen samurai masters...?

will he send balazs panda home when he sees him with this deliberately weird male pattern baldness haircut? is his collaboration to be released later this month with the legends merzbow+keiji haino going to be the peak of his career?

i don't really find his drumming all that compelling, he gets stuck in a boring rut too often, and his link to deathcore and jazz is not impressive enough to really take merzbow to the next level; masami's own drumming is better, faster, more japanese speed freak style.

>I can't play an instrument and know nothing about music so I make this bullshit

bump

Is that an album cover? If so what album

Been digging the new Oneirogen a lot.

shitmix.bandcamp.com/album/comupter-mortem

I made late last night when I was really tired and I like to think that there's some form of the story in there, but I don't know.