Do you have the same music taste as your friends?

Do you have the same music taste as your friends?

some similarities, i guess. my one friend is mostly into progressive rock, which i don't like too much at all but he got me into talking heads which in turn got me into expanding my music taste/music in general.

i don't have any friends

: - (

no my two closest friends like edm/rave shit and cowpunk/punk/new wave respectively

enough overlap to see certain shows together tho

Most of my friends like Top 40 and some mostly like metal like Pierce the Veil, Black Veil Brides, Muse etc

So no, not at all.

what's an ategirl

What language is this in

Ate means sister, so he meant sistergirl.

Filthy Flip.

My friends and I have a couple bands that overlap, but over all the genres we favor tend to be pretty different.

I appreciate it though, makes it way easier for me to find new stuff I wouldn't generally find on my own.

Not really, got one friend that's really into hip hop like me, and one that is into classical music and jazz which I dislike, all the others like top 40 shit

I tried getting my normie friend into death grips but being the normie he is he said it sucked. I don't know why we're even friends he annoys the shit out of me.

fuck him in half

Not at all. Most of my friends listen to edgy bullshit.
Me, I listen to more black metal than anything.

Shitty bait.

This.

Normies OUT

Yeah like only cool misunderstood geniuses like me and you can understand a Techno Animal rip off with Hardcore influenced vocals.

>friends

I don't have a "taste" in music, really, it's the only artform I'm pretty knowledgeable in so I tend to have a critical approach.
No favorite genres or discrimination, what's good's good and viceversa.
This said, all of my friends listen to Top 40 and three fourths of it suck massive black cock. No poptimism, just poprealism.

when will the "DG = any industrial hip hop" meme die already

>friends go on Sup Forums and watch anthony fantano

kys

The same day their horrible fanbase does.

why would that be the case? I've never heard a fan of them say that they're the same like so many shitposters do, just that they take influence.
hell, if anything DG are closest to B L A C K I E

And Saul Williams and Dälek and The Bug/ Techno Animal and several others.

I can't say I've heard Saul Williams, but no, they're not especially close to any of those other than being industrial hip hop (and even that starts becoming an inaccurate description when you look at GP and TPTB.)

i have a friend who likes noise rock and folk punk but i haven't seen her in a long time
and i don't agree with her on folk punk

They've always been Industrial Hip Hop (which is just noisier Hardcore Hip Hop).

they are on exmilitary through nldw and on bp. the two albums not included on that are debatable.
that doesn't mean that they're like the artists you've listed at all.

All of my friends are hyper-autist stemlords who probably don't know music exists, or turbo-normie stemlords who only listen to surface-level Sup Forumscore, so no.

Listen to Black History Month by Saul. They owe their whole gimmick to that shit.

OP image is dumb. Algae isn't an organism, it's just a plant.

>Plants
>Not organisms

some of my friends share similar tastes. most the people i talk to just blast edm whenever they get an aux cord

My friends say I listen to static and they post shitty Smash Mouth remixes to my wall because they hate what I listen to

My girlfriend and I have somewhat similar taste but my close friends are either into more classic rock stuff or modern hip hop/top 40s stuff so I guess not really.

One of my best friends is the only girl I know that can appreciate Electric Wizard, My Bloody Valentine, Merzbow, Stimming and Grimes at the same time. She's a total qt and a sex freak, and we'll never be together

feels

My friends don't put in much effort for finding new music so they basically just listen to what I listen to, just none of the "weird" stuff

My close friends don't listen to the same music I do (except this one friend who goes to techno raves with me). That's why I befriended a group of artsy fellas who are into underground music and artsy films

I'm related to all my "friends" and we don't listen to anything in common

>Do you have the same music taste as your friends?
I have only one friend that ventured outside radio.
He doenst share the same musical taste as me.
He listen mostly to power metal and those metal bands with classical music influences and opera influences

For some artists, but mostly now. My taste is wider than anyone I've met.

Girlfriend likes french (ye-ye) and classical, as do I. Two of my friends are really into smooth jazz, which I'm warming up to. Had a whole bunch of friends into metalcore and hardcore shows, which I used to tag along to.

I can always find some artist that a friend and I both like, even if it's not Sup Forums approved.

Got a few friends that like decent entry-level-ish punk and metal. Got way more that're into a lot of good lesser known hip hop. Met one girl that loved Stars of the Lid & Electric Wizard.

>tfw no friends

surface-level Sup Forumscore is still fairly good by normie standards

My two best friends are huge Tame Impala fans. That's the main reason why I hate Tame Impala.