I want to understand Sunn O)))

I want to understand Sunn O)))

What am I missing Sup Forums?

boris

See them live.

and wear earplugs or that's all you're going to be doing...

did you listen to their music?

Yeah. Seemed to be just one long sound effect for the most part. Unless that's the point and I'm just too dense to get it.

1. See them live.
2. Think of them not as doom metal or anything, think of them as experimental or ambient music (self-described as "power ambient")

Taste

you're trying to make more of it than what's actually there. they're just droning. it's not hard to understand

Play it louder.

this is good advice

there isn't much to understand. they really are just drone/dark ambient much like early Earth. take it for what it is and if ya dont like it, thats totally acceptable. it helps if you listen to it loud and go to a live show, but they are certainly not traditional metal or even music, which isnt for everyone.

Have you tried listening to it loudly on good headphones or good speakers? That's how it's meant to be heard.

(If you already have and you still don't like them, then it's just not for you.)

intelligence

If you force yourself through one of their albums (Monoliths and Dimensions or White 2 are good starting points imo) then one day you will be in a weird mood and feel like you're ready to give it another try and it will all make sense this time. also give good advice too.

>Sunn O))) on headphones

I can't think of a worse way to experience this music

pay attention to the T E X T U R E S and dynamics of the drone. That'swhere the fun lies.

Some of us live with people who don't appreciate drone music leaking from our rooms.

You may want to check out Stephen O'Malley's side projects. St Francis duo - peacemaker assembly, shade themes from kairos, and burning witch may be a good way to ease yourself into sunn o)))'s more droney stuff

Boris is a great band. Akuma no Uta is god tier.

get a load of this guy

Goddamnit... How can I find people and girls who actually like drone? I don't even wanna date anyone who doesn't like drone. Are my standards too high? Or is that just me?

it's you user

Try listening to
Boris - Amplifier worship
Earth - Earth 2

Listen to earth then you'll understand

Take a good headphone. With fucking cheap something, you can't understand them forever.

Absolutego too

Flood > Absolutego

Agreed.

I think ablsolutego would be harder to sit through than almost anything if you didn't have a taste for drone

As much as I like low rumbling droning guitars and shit, stuff like Boris, later Earth, or even Dopesmoker is much more enjoyable for me. Sunn is great and all but I can't sit through a single chord for half an hour. Drums and some vocals make it more interesting for me.

More like Succ O)))