Autechre General

>Better than I did two weeks ago, I tell you! I was a bit nervous. It's not Top Ten material, is it? We wanted to sneak this out, but Warp heard it and said, "No, we want to promo it a bit." So we thought, "Right, OK, we'll promo it," and we came up with a plan that we were happy with that wasn't really a normal promo plan. I suppose we tried to break their promo system by being creative. But now I've had opinions back, I feel different and a lot more confident. As we said, we're out of touch, we don't know what's going to connect with an audience. Rob and I have been back and forth with this thing quite a bit now, and it's become this enormous thing, and we don't know how to frame it, or what it is. We don't know if it's an album, or a collection of EPs or albums or just... things. We have no idea what this actually is.

residentadvisor.net/features/2756

Other urls found in this thread:

banzaei.bandcamp.com/album/downside-up
twitter.com/WarpRecords/status/741165510495227904
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lads

Hey mates should I buy tickets for London tomorrow? A bit skeptical about an all seated Ae show - seems mighty....polite.

Also pendulu casual is the don

What's the best AE LIVE?

what's that about?

Nagano

No memes allowed.

it's from the interview in the op. they said they wanna do a full on hip-hop album at some point

mate it'd be wicked and u know it

>mate it'd be wicked and u know it
and to me it feels like Young Thug is the type of nigga who would actually do this

yeah put him on something like 6ie.cr. some of draft was trappy as hell 2bh.

Yo, if you guys are planning to do a rap album, you should collap with clipping, I think that would extremely interesting

It would be magical

Easily best hiphop album of the decade

>gaypping
no thanks

>Sean Booth: I can listen to a track of yours, Rob, for six months and not recognise one of me own sequences, then suddenly I'll have a moment of recognition, going, "Oh fucking hell, it's that thing I made that's doing that in the track!" We're blurry anyway, we copy each other all the time, and I often forget who came in with what, but it's getting really deep and weird now. Beyond being able to even understand it properly. We're not quite at singularity yet though.

>it's getting really deep and weird now
>We're not quite at singularity yet

that's sincerely cute

i love these lads so much ;__;

>album has been out 3 three weeks
>only like 3 or 4 publications have reviewed it
>no hype
>opn hates it
What went wrong?

>>opn hates it
source?

I want to know too

i think that poster is just makin shit up. opn did tweet this but he later deleted it. it's sort of weird that he did that tbqh, but theres no reason to think that he hates it...

What thoroughly alright dudes.

On at work, I was not in the camp this week to sit at his desk and listen to headphones too much , so I get stuck in the footsteps of my head , I heard the footsteps of the previous night , and are in the subconscious . The first thing I do when I get home , try to find geta mark in my head , but I have no idea what its called or what elseq piece geta hell. So I end up immersed in the whole thing , and forget the track that I was looking for to begin with . And so the cycle goes on a weekday .

How does it feel knowing that Autechre got BTFO by pic related?

They're on a whole other level

"lol"

That cover really captures the 'kindergarden collage' feel of the album

Hmm. This is really good, but so is elseq. They're trying to achieve different things imo. Something cool about Foodman is that he's really tapping into the current zeitgeist and internet music scene and doing this wacky mix of juke, new age, and uncanny pc music-esque sound design. It's culturally a pretty neat gem and v creative.

Autechre are sort of the opposite in their approach. Although they def pull from certain genres that underpin their work (hip hop being one of them), their sound and position in the current music climate is much more insular - their whole world basically resides in this chia pet/living organism of a max patch. R&S are only concerned with sounding like Autechre.

That interview is great, love hearing about their creative process.

>Sean Booth: You pick up bugs that I miss too, mind, Rob.
lol, at this snarky comment veiled as a compliment. ae are my favorite cyborg-hiphop old married couple desu

heres a version of that chronological "how to get into autechre" flowchart but with the essential eps

oh, nice job mate. good choice on graf for ae_live.

nice

you KNOW it's true

Well, yeah. Honestly the only reason why I'm even here is for the vague homoeroticism.

>literally just noise/fart sounds

ye true nuff.

This album is better than both if you actually listen to it and listen to what the critics are saying about it

banzaei.bandcamp.com/album/downside-up

DO IT. I was standing still the whole time for when I saw them and would've enjoyed sitting because it just gets so dense and massive at points

this

c16 deep tread was def a rappable track

But he meant it's sick (seq)
That's a fucking good thing you antisocial fucks

Well, I have seen them before as well and I had the opposite problem in that I couldn't stop moving, 2bh. I love to drink and dance and shit so I dunno...

A concert hall just seems so weird for glitchy ae beats imo.

im aware, lol. that's literally why I said that there was no reason to assume he hated it.

>we have to go deeper

Yeah I'm more of the take a couple dabs and get lost kind of guy at shows.

elseq 2 is so underrated i swear everyone has shit taste

>tfw only got into Autechre after elseq 1-5 got released
>Loved what I've heard so far but missed the live shows

How often do they come to NA?

Hopefully soon but most likely not for another year or so

During the '90s and most of the '00s it used to be every 2-3 years, but last year was the first time they toured NA since 2008. I doubt they'll ever go that long without touring here again - in fact they may come back here sooner because of that. They really do seem to be on a roll as of late. Fall 2017 is probably our most realistic bet, but it could be a little earlier.

they aren't "cool" or really relevant any more desu

doesn't matter tho cause the tunes still slam

I think ae should adopt Sup Forums

>they aren't relevant anymore

Oversteps is a shitty plinky-plonky music.

i had a laugh when i read that cos i have mates who've criticised it for sounding exactly like that

oversteos is perf btw

reminder for my london lads. only an hour to go
twitter.com/WarpRecords/status/741165510495227904

dublin

2nd best.

anyone /hamburg/ here?

>twitter.com/WarpRecords/status/741165510495227904
they use +5yo softwares...

London ticket acquired

Krakow

stop smoking sean pls..
i want u 2 b healthy..

hes a mad vaper (vapee?) now m8

when i saw em last year the whole venue was filled with vape smoke lol

I almost believed you.

im not joking lol

lol

:^)

heh

Sean is going full lad in this thread right now lol

rob is the tru #1 lad (^:

>That last line had me thinking of Genesis and Lady Jaye Breyer P-Orridge, and how the third entity in Autechre is a bit like a virtual pandrogyne.
>virtual pandrogyne
:rolling eyes.jpg:

gimme dis