Folk artists

What are some decent ones? Preferably from Canada since that's all we're good for music-wise

Other urls found in this thread:

folkways.si.edu/search?JsonSearchModel={"FiltersModel":{"AppliedFilters":{},"AvailableContentTypes":[0,2,1,3,7,4,5],"ContentType":1},"PaginationModel":{"ResultsPerPage":20,"StartItemIndex":0},"Query":"Canada","SelectedView":0,"SortingOption":0,"SpellingSuggestionSearchRestricted":false}
rateyourmusic.com/list/Clutnuckle/american_primitivism/
youtube.com/watch?v=gZxBiMECG38&list=PLghzyq-rqkZj2BjR626yAJIWOtTYQR85g
youtu.be/svS6MwQ5mBY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Come on you fucks

folkways.si.edu/search?JsonSearchModel={"FiltersModel":{"AppliedFilters":{},"AvailableContentTypes":[0,2,1,3,7,4,5],"ContentType":1},"PaginationModel":{"ResultsPerPage":20,"StartItemIndex":0},"Query":"Canada","SelectedView":0,"SortingOption":0,"SpellingSuggestionSearchRestricted":false}

What
The
Fuck
Is that piece of shit?

Can't go wrong with Robbie Basho or Babatunde Olatunji

Oh, I thought you wanted folk music.

I guess you actually mean rock with acoustic guitars.

I wanted recommendations. Not a search engine. I can find one of those.

Not huge into folk, but I got this album in one of those threads where you listen to the album under you and I thought it was great.

This is pretty good. Thanks man.

diane cluck

Fleet Foxes was always welcome for me

+1 for Basho
Though it's not really folk music so much as an offshoot of folk (as is almost everything else ITT) check out other American Primitive guitarists, like John Fahey

A nice list can be found here
rateyourmusic.com/list/Clutnuckle/american_primitivism/

>>>
> Anonymous 06/10/16(Fri)03:51:42 No.65
Sick

Then go to /r/

This is the music discussion board, not the recs board.

How's this?

youtube.com/watch?v=gZxBiMECG38&list=PLghzyq-rqkZj2BjR626yAJIWOtTYQR85g

Now look, everyone else seems to be having a good time.

I'm really enjoying it. The subtle waves of static are pleasant

Love it. Been getting into Ani Lately so the similarity is welcome.

O Canada... :(

This is what I posted. He's a very traditional blues singer from North Carolina. Look up "Deep River Blues" and "Sittin on Top of the World" if you want a taste of his style.

A meant to say "a very traditional folk singer." Some of his stuff is blues, but he's usually considered folk or bluegrass.

I'm personally a fan of Darrell Scott as far as folk goes. Sorry for cross posting from /k/. I just unbox'd all my guitars and have been plucking instead of cleaning guns. Also, the farm I work at has been flooding from the local river so the shoe fits.

youtu.be/svS6MwQ5mBY