Hey guys

Hey guys,

I don't see a gear/set-up/audio equipment thread. I have a cheapo all in 1 vinyl player and speakers etc. but I was looking to get some better speakers.

What are you guys rocking? What can you recommend for me? Pic related, it's close to what I'd like to start towards.

Other urls found in this thread:

lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5608310864
lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5610482215.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/5592614901.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/5626191826.html
inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/5610396124.html
lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5541911404.html
prescott.craigslist.org/ele/5542150931.html
lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5517708705.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im working at a Hifi Shop in Germany.. I can suggest you Focal speakers.. My favourite are the 1038 Berillyum. But it depends how much you want to spend.

Not sure there is anything worth striving for in this pic other than the qty of records maybe.

>le vinyl meme

Then what would you recommend for me?

Kef C7s

How much money do you have to spend? Where do you live? What kinda music do you like? Etc...

I'm willing to spend a few hundred but probably not more than 500 on a set of speakers. Bookshelf speakers preferably since I don't have a lot of space to put them.

I generally like music with rock instrumentation. I'm into godspeed and bands like deafheaven.

I live in vegas.

You'll need an amp to drive them as well, unless you're planning on getting powered speakers. Does your turntable have any outputs? If not you'll need a different turntable too.
Are you looking for new stuff, or used?

I would recommend the Focal Chorus 706 for you.. they are very good.. just sold a pair of the.. but youreally need an Amp !

What is a good turntable to get under $200? I have speakers and an amp, albeit, they are not great quality but I will upgrade them in the future, for now I just want to be able to play what records I have and look into buying more.

Get the Dual DTJ 301.1 its a reliable turntable with a dencend stylus

I'm just looking for an upgrade, willing to buy new if nice enough but probably used so I don't have to spend a fortune.

My turntable has a line-out. I'm planning on upgrading the turntable later but I just don't know where to start with the speakers, amplifiers, pre-amps.... What's a typical signal chain for a beginner hi-fi system?

Get a new Speaker.. Its the easiest way to get the best upgrade.. If you ask me.. If you using a turntable then a better stylus

I've heard good things about the Stanton T.92 if you're willing to spend a little more. It's a DJ turntable with a great stylus.

I'd be looking for an integrated amp from a reputable company, and some decent speakers. Buying and selling gear is a good way to upgrade.

These speakers look nice: lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5608310864

lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5610482215.html

Holy shit, that's nice and for a good price. Thanks amigo, I think I have a good place to start now.

he fell for it

classic newfag behavior

Help me become un newfag then. What's a better set-up?

Wtf are you talking about? Do you have a better suggestion?

>le retard

Kill yourself, or try to make a valuable contribution.

It's a copout answer but speakers are such an objective thing that you can't really be recommended what to get, you have to test things out the hard way and see for yourself what you like. Like someone up the thread recommended Focal speakers, I tried a few while testing out speakers for my setup and I pereonally hated them.

Here is a bunch of good vintage stuff I found on your local cl, enjoy.

Check out this:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/5592614901.html

This:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/5626191826.html

This:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/5610396124.html

This:

lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5541911404.html

This:

prescott.craigslist.org/ele/5542150931.html
lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/5517708705.html

Klipsch speakers are definitely polarizing. I personally do not like their sound at all. They do loud well, but aren't great for long term listening sessions due to the horn tweeters. Some clearly like them though.

Yes, they certainly can be. They are finicky and do take a properly matched amplifier and acoustic treatment to sound their best. I prefer to upgrade the tweeter diaphragms to titanium to help improve the smoothness of the highs. They tend to be highly efficient, my chorus II are rated a 101db per watt. If you run them with lower powered tube gear they can create an amazing soundstage that comes across as extemely dynamic and lifelike.

I had the Heresy II for a short while. Picked then up with some nice Luxman separates and a b&o turntable. I couldn't get into the speakers, so I eventually sold them for about what I paid for the whole package originally. I'm glad I can say that I tried them though.

If you don't have a vintage tube amp you're a fucking scumbag and should kill yourself.

The heresy II is not a bad speaker, but is a tad thin in the bass area. It is best suited to jazz, classical, acoustic. Once thing I will say about klipsch heritage is that they are transparent. ie they will not sugarcoat shitty mastering. Play an old blue note or rca record though them and then play an mp3 of a modern track and you'll hear what I mean.

My humble setup.

Recently got a Denon AVR-S510. Sounds magnificent.

Meh. I tried playing lots of different stuff through them with various equipment and they always seemed a little harsh and "shouty" to me. I prefer something a little more smooth and laid back sounding like ads speakers.
I prefer

mine

Woo, appreciate you dude.

What arm do you have on there?

ill add, messy impromptu pic of current setup

>"accoustic covers"
>fat toes
>speakers on top of plastic crates
9/10 because cat, would be 2/10 otherwise

I see you

I see a common item in these setups...

w2c that turntable stand

This is my ear rape setup. Both sets of speakers have 15" woofers. Pioneer receiver and tape deck. Technics turntable.

nice bong faggot

Rega RP3 turntable, Rega Phono MM phonostage, Linn Classik receiver, Monitor Silver 1 speakers.

The receiver is pretty unusual since it also has a self-contained CD player. Great for a compact setup though.

stop feeding the troll

I got the LP120 as well. I just need a nice amp.

Good hardware, pleb-tier everything else. Function > form right now, might upgrade when my rent contract runs out.

Looks good user. How's the bass?

old pic

jelly.

Current setup:

Music Hall mmf-5 turntable
Dual 1019 turntable
Audiosource eq-100
Adcom gtp-600 preamp
Adcom gfa-545ii amp
NAD PP2 phono preamp
Harmon/Kardon FL8300 CD Changer
Athena AS-F2 speakers
Infinity BU-2 sub

What stereo rack is that? I like the look of it.

It's a Sanus AFA stereo rack.

Bump for more system pics