Explain to me the appeal of this album

Explain to me the appeal of this album

"muh feels"

you have to be a socially awkward 16 year old to get it

I am a ball

I could explain to you OP that all emo music carries a certain signature feel....one I've never been able to relate to.

but I can tell you that it leads to people in tight black hoodies and drinking PBR to "let loose" and scream and shout the lyrics along at concerts.

its like a bittersweet nostalgia, mixed with , "YOU DONT KNOW ME!!!!" mixed with some false idea of a rave-up......its like energy put through some "screams" that always carry less weight than they try

also the crowd, they all have one or two tattoos, and the males are slightly overweight but wearing tight jeans. the girls are carrying a purse for some reason. they might have some tats on their wrist, like a moon or some shit

>tfw like emo and screamo and share no resemblance with that description

The first song.

fucking pls dude. this is lyrics from first track:

Goodbyes
And the autumn night when we realized
We were falling out of love
(There were some things that were said that weren't meant)
But we never did

Not to be
Overly dramatic
I just think it's best
'Cause you can't miss what you forget

So lets just pretend
Everything and
Anything between you and me
Was never meant

......now if that isn't some bittersweet emo nostalgic shit..........

It's an album I can really connect to, the cover, to the lyrics about trivial bullshit that I thought was meaningful when I was 16 (girlfriends and shit), jamming out on my guitar in my room late at night, it's something you have to be emotionally invested in at least somewhat to get the most out of

Good production. Good musicianship. Good songwriting.

You can all pretend you never felt those emo teenage feelings, but we all know you're lying.

You misunderstand me.
I was saying that I don't fit your description of crowds at emo shows.

Are you white?
If not good luck

>DUDE FEELS LMAO
>muh guitar interplay
That's basically the gist of it

Yeah, putting people in pretentious bullshit pigeon holes because you don't understand them is totally cool and healthy.

>le non-whites can't appreciate and relate to albums about the several trivialities of suburban youth meme
>btw I'm not a non-white myself so I've no means of substantiating that claim xD

You are a goddamn, motherfucking idiot. I'm black and I like emo and screamo.

Stereotypical aggressive nignog

The album cover is a fucking house

I can understand why some people are turned off by the lyrics but I don't get how you can listen to the instrumentation on this album and not immediately hear its beauty

>literally just shared how I don't fit into your neat, typical little "le nignog xD" meme by relating to shit like AmCo
>yet, because it's convenient for you and obscures the fact that you're a fucking idiot, I'm still a stereotypical, aggressive nignog

>AmCo
Shit. Accidentally joined abbreviations for American Football and Animal Collective.

Don't interpret this as an indication that I'm a prolific listener of either. I'm not.

Calm down boy. Go hit up your homies for some green. No need to overcompensate for your race by pretending to like things on the internet.

the guitar tones + interlocking melodies sound like the end of summer

just an observation. not higher or lower than thou