>[YouTube] Not Found

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

Free VST downloads (amps and effects simulators):
>vst4free.com/

ASIO drivers (essential to use VSTs while playing):
>asio4all.com/

JACK Tutorial for Linux audio production
>libremusicproduction.com/articles/demystifying-jack-–-beginners-guide-getting-started-jack

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hxSNHOA-gNw
youtube.com/watch?v=B-_PC6TlIhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Friendly reminder: the kiddies who post in /gg/ threads have nearly ***zero*** experience concerning guitar. Playing, repair, new player recommendations, etc. The average age in these threads is around early 20s: green as shit grass.

If you have an actual question this is probably one of the most uninformed & least knowledgeable places you could ever expect a proper answer to come from.

Be weary of any advice given here as it's amateur & perfunctory at best.

Have a nice day.

Also, friendly side note:

Anyone posting their gear here has made a decision (either consciously or unconsciously) that playing guitar is nothing more than a meaningless hobby, something along the lines of stamp or coin collecting. Their uninformed opinions and amateur advice are firmly rooted in this unserious mindset, music being secondary to the compulsion to accumulate and publicly display their "enviable" possessions.

Sup Forums is considered poison by most mature adults and is rightly shunned publicly for its immature, juvenile, and sometimes vile content. Lorde and the bassist from DIIV immediately spring to mind, both being heavily criticized for posting on Sup Forums and for their seeming willingness to be connected publicly to Sup Forums. No one with any real goals or aspirations would risk being contaminated with an association to this website, thus no serious musician would chance being recognized by posting their gear here. The only people who would be willing to subject themselves to this possibility would be the kind of hopeless, self-defeating troglodytes that routinely post on Sup Forums because they know they don't have any other options and nothing better (or more important) to do with their time. If you're posting on this site then you should be very familiar and thoroughly acquainted with this standard model Sup Forums user. There's no deliberate or pragmatic pursuit of knowledge or skill in these threads, just inane, unending circle jerking around gear, attention whoring, and fishing for replies.

For example: Aussiefag has been here for well over two years accomplishing absolutely nothing except for *getting some attention for himself*. The sad truth is that he has nothing else, this is his legacy: replying to other losers in /gg/ threads because his life is obviously devoid of any other social interaction.

If your goal is to wind up like this then posting gear here ad nauseum and avoiding actual musical discussion is definitely a good place to start.

Carry on.

>and there it is

ignoring stale crusty pasty

replies to last thread
me too, I didn't want a red Tele originally but I was too impatient to wait for another body to come into the store.

do what I did and get a Fender head and a 2x12 or 2x12. I wanted a silverface Bassman originally, but I'm happy with the Bandmaster. It is LOUD. I played a gig last night and only turned up to 3 or 4. I wish I had been able to afford a DRRI, though.

>2x12 or 2x12
lel I mean 2x12 or 2x10

> im so buttblasted someone posted my stale pasta images in the last thread so i couldn't, i shut up the entire thread until bump limit so i could start a new one and post it
> i feel vindicated
> ;^)

Sorry, bro. Some of us have social lives to attend to, shows to play, etc. Enjoy the weekend though, I'll drop in occasionally but I'll be back in full time shitpost mode on Monday.

Don't be late for class, Bueller.

YOU GOT BTFO

The guy who has the Deluxe could I ask you some questions?

me? I have one. maybe I could help

im i weird for playing an 8 string and utilizing all of the strings equally while also listening to and accepting djent as a legitimate genre?

> i have a social life
> i have shows to play

who's this qt

my Indonesian bullet squire is trying to kill itself in the corner after you triggered it

SEND HELP

>Not using it for post progressive transcendental synthgrind

Kek

i will admit i do play my fair share of d-djent-d-djent-d-d-djent-d-djent

post your mememachine gooby

why was it triggered? you think ej strats are bad?

>post your mememachine
pls no bully

post more rare john photos

get your own thread

I don't have any pictures of Frusciante but I do have a shot of one of his Strats

hey your not me also i already posted it

do you have any real pics of it?

no but its literally exactly the same exept its a little darker

now I'm sad gooby. i'm usually the only erg player in these threads and no on wants to talk to me

fuck you ill ask for rare johns in whatever thread i like

same here. whats your meme machine?

memeanez rg8 sold the prs

i know your a troll but fuck you
just fuck you dude
yah fucking cunt

get agile bruh. higher quality and higher resell value

b-but muh high quality Indonesian construction

oh i thought you only had an rg8.
that one is really nice from reviews.
how is it? what do you play? strings? favorite artists?

thats not mine gooby! i wish it was though ;__;

What are some interesting band set ups? Like 2 bassists and a drummer or something like that

oh, well for the same price of the rg8 agile is better.
made in south korea. also he is my inspiration

my 20$ guitar that I got at a flee market saw the glorious fret board bindings and pastel high gloss paint.

tore its poor little china humbucker out and bleed to death on the floor

sweet thing too good for this world ;_;7 rip

have you seen his new signature? its fucking sick gooby

Jesus what an ugly piece of shit

rude gooby

is it out of prototype stage? its awesome!
have you seen what he does with a 9 string?

im relived to see something new. litterally every guitar is either a super strat, a tele, or a les paul.
ITS BEEN THIS WAY FOR ALMOST A CENTURY!!!

ah it hasn't been released yet. I'm dreading the price point it'll be introduced at because his last sig was crazy priced

it gets you thinking if there was real gold on that thing

I remember how my great-uncle Jerry would sit on the porch and whittle all day long. Once he whittled me a guitar out of a larger guitar I had. It was almost as good as the first one, except now it had bumpy whittle marks all over it. And no paint, because he had whittled off the paint.

tfw you almost had quads

My uncle made me one out of Legos once. IT WOULD NOT STAY IN TUNE

What??

They say he carved that spoon himself

from a bigger spoon

>dat dubs recovery

hey guys I'm looking into getting my fist electric are there any squire stratocasters that come stock with a good sounding humbucker? i know some people say they are cheap but can be upgraded. is there maybe a special one that has a good pickup to begin with?

pls respond

Upgrading a pickup is the easiest thing you will ever do in your entire life. Also, no.

There's a djent band with 3 bassists and no guitarists. Sounds like poop, as you'd imagine

youtube.com/watch?v=hxSNHOA-gNw

i figured there might be an old discontinued model with a signature pick up in it i could buy cheap? is there no such thing?

sounds memey

When you actually start playing you will find no two people agree on what sounds best. It's much better to choose a pickup you like and install it later on, instead of get a pickup that will be just okay. You're not gonna save money, and you're only gonna save 10 minutes of time.

In any case there's nothing horrible about any stock bucker, cheap doesn't always mean it's going to sound bad.

how can i decide if one sounds good brfore i buy? I'm looking at buying on craigslist to be honest

Why are you sticking tinfoil in there like that? Tok pek to keep the government out of your tone?

Damn, that thing has history...

Check out the Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe Squire line. I'll take high end squire stuff over mexican shit any day.

Not him, but it reduces interference. Take the covers off your guitar. There's foil in there

Honestly, don't worry about it for now. A beginner won't be able to make a decision like that easily. Just try to get a guitar that's sturdy and cheap for now. A beginner even choosing between a humbucker, p90s, and single coils is hard enough. It's good that you're looking for a guitar with more than one kind of pickup in it.

Though, these days you can get a pickup of any type to fit in any space, so I guess it's less of a concern.

I love looking at instrument that has been played by a specific person to the point where the wear pattern has become a signature of sorts.

>to keep the government out of your tone
I laughed but you really need to get a new reaction image dude. Kinda poor form to use the same one over and over on Sup Forums, people will think you're shitposting.

...there's no foil in my guitar dude.

Reminder Canada Bros.

Today is long and mcquade free guitar setup day. Just buy a set of strings and get a free setup

Plenty of guitars don't have it, it costs money for the manufacturer obviously. A lot will also have conductive paint instead, there should be a strip of copper somewhere attached to the cavity if this is the case.

>mfw i'm poorfag
thats actually one of the nice ones gooby

Do see through paints (sunburst) stain thw wood or remove differently? Could i just use a heat gun to do it?

Pic related. I can't take this guy seriously.

For those of you who are in a band, or even just jamming with your buddies and playing your own shit rather than existing songs, how did you start out composing your own stuff? I've been learning guitar for a while now, and while I can play most of what I want to play, I can't for the life of me come up with something of my own. How do you do it? Where do you begin?

diiv and lorde aren't musicians though, they're products

No, they are not stains. If you are not going for a natural finish you do not need to remove the old finish. You can just paint over it, Fender did this all the time. Taking off a finish is difficult and dangerous, and a lot easier to fuck up badly.

>heat gun
Use a blowtorch like a real man, you faggot.

Shit, he looks like that evil henchman chick from one of the old Bond movies. How can anyone take him seriously?

Why, because he dresses like a jedi? Stop it dude you're crushing my dreams.

>Why, because he dresses like a jedi?

OK can someone please explain to me the benefits of using different string gauges for electric guitar?

I understand 9s are easier for bending, but what benefits do heavier gauges have? Are coated strings better? What's the best affordable brand/set to buy?

tf this dude wearin?

Why is it dangerous? I watched a japanese guy do it with a heat gun and a few hobby knives with relative ease. I probably could just paint over it but my current layer is starting to peel

>what benefits do heavier gauges have
They sound different, some would say better. And if you're going to down-tune, your strings will get floppy as fuck if you don't get heavier gauge strings

I don't know. He rocks the hell out of a fedora though.

blue one looks better

>He rocks the hell out of a fedora though.
this slightly sickens me

fuck that. place sucks donkey dick

why did she choose a les paul

can we talk about adrien belew?? holy shit what a monster

youtube.com/watch?v=B-_PC6TlIhs

his style is still unique sounding today, even when shitter guitarists have tried to copy it

Head looks a fair bit warped

I know that heavier strings are harder to bend, but I wonder if you have to bend them less distance to get the same pitch increase? Just out of curiosity.

Same reason everybody gets a les paul.
She didn't know anything about guitars and thought it looked cool.

don't play around on the guitar, you will be stuck in patterns that you know, thinking visually. what you need to do is think melodically, which you can start doing by humming a tune before you play.

maybe you could also try another instrument to break out of a writer's block

other than that, just keep doing it. i'm sure you can come up with SOME kind of melody right now, even if it blows. just keep doing it until it doesn't blow, whether that takes a day or a year

i don't think so. i haven't tried it but i'm just thinking scientifically, i think bending a string is supposed to reduce the length of the part of the string you're picking. so heavier gauges wouldn't affect it, but the length of the neck and body would.

if somebody knows anything about this or has tried it before please correct me if i'm wrong

Why do most guitar courses start with learning chords instead of individual notes?
Literal music retard here.

Isn't it John Frusciante?

I think its to get your fingers used to fiddlin'.

>those trips
>that Gibson logo that couldn't be mistaken for anything else

Nah, what makes it go up in pitch is the increased tension, the distance is actually getting longer between bridge and fret.