youtube.com/watch?v=qaFNJicCfvY
youtube.com/watch?v=B55RCYhfZbg
youtube.com/watch?v=xeDms88R8bU
youtube.com/watch?v=4DhGvv6NCEk
youtube.com/watch?v=Juthvm7QjuM
youtube.com/watch?v=F3-37QScS6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=luWABvDNTS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'M A REAL THRASHER, BRO, I LISTEN TO SLAYER!
I GOT SLAYER SHIRTS, SLAYER CAPS, AND A SLAYER BATTLEJACKET CAUSE SLAYER'S THE BEST FUCKING BAND IN THE WHOLE WORLD
FUCKN SLAYEUGH DUDE!

>you will never make music that elicits this level of fanaticism

This is better than anything Amon Amarth has ever made, and maybe all of power metal in general.
>maybe one or two Blind Guardian albums are better I guess

Amon Amarth are melodeath tho.

Nah they're proto-Viking-Thrash

Best albums/EPS under 30 minutes?

Not gonna look for an image of the album cover, but the correct answer is Twilight of the Thunder God imo

whatcha listenin to son?

youtube.com/watch?v=9SV4vCQGJko

also diabolous absconditus

Reign in Blood

Bolzer - Aura

Fucking incredible, especially the second song.
youtube.com/watch?v=yldX3_p8Sao

Wow, stay classy /metal/

>Not gonna look for an image of the album cover

>not having a high-res album image for every album in your library

xd

It's like I'm really on Sup Forums.

Gridlink - Longhena
A ton of other grind too

For the record it was about DUDE WEED LMAO shitposting

Based janitors helping us turn /meal/ into a better place

what the fuck are these shitty non-burger hours where janitors clean the appropriate response to a Sleep album.

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>appropriate response to anything ever

You are all fucking weak

>replying to shitposters
>appropriate ever

Are you seriously suggesting Sleep isn't worthy of being made fun of with DUDEWEEDLMAO. What fucking general am I in again????

atmoshitl general
No shitposts
No memes
No cavemen
No fun

Yeah what does it even mean? You don't like it because the album name has Dope in it? Is there something about the music that you don't like? Why can't you articulate that without resorting to stale memes?

It's a bad habit of mine I know

Is this your first time

15 minutes of bulldozing savagery.
Top tier deth metul

I want some folk metal that is metal influenced by folk music and not pagan themed party metal. Something like Kroda or Askival. I know the obvious bands (Nokturnal Mortem, Graveland, etc.) I'm just hoping for something unexpected to sink my teeth into.

No I'm just finally speaking out about a shitty meme

There are little dynamics, change, evolution, whatever you want to call it, much less any buildup to an epic, exciting peak, on Dopesmoker. It does not deviate from the slow speed of doom/stoner metal, nor does the heaviness. Some listeners here may find value in its droning as it attempts to create a trance-like atmosphere, but I’d rather hear something that is actually interesting. All that is here is monotony that seems to stretch on needlessly, and I feel that the same (if not better) effect could have been achieved in a much shorter time frame – is there a ten-minute version of this song anywhere?

Hardly anything new or stimulating happens throughout Dopesmoker’s bloated runtime, the most thrilling occurrence the switch between simple, forgettable riff to another forgettable riff. Like everything else in the song, they all sound the same anyway. Dopesmoker is long purely for the novelty of having an hour+ song, in essence resembling a glorified jam session. There are a few changes, including three admittedly pretty good, long (but a little sloppy) guitar solos, and a soft break at about 41 minutes in. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the song is completely tedious, but not unbearable.

The bass is audible, usually following the guitar. When played together, the tone is reminiscent of a lawnmower. The vocalist sounds like he is struggling to take a massive dump, but fortunately, vocals are more sparse than in most songs. Lyrics deal with marijuana and Biblical themes. Note: allusions to the Bible don’t make you a lyrical genius. The words are mostly unintelligible, even though you’re able to catch the occasional “WEEEEED” or another marijuana reference.

you copied this from a metallum review

What if he wrote the review himself?

Post top-tier cheesy power ballads.

youtube.com/watch?v=CfGvGVUAE8U

Bretty gud so far. Pretty close to what I'm looking for.

Thanks, user.

>not posting the best Manowar ballad

youtube.com/watch?v=qaFNJicCfvY

Have you listened to Empyrium? You might like that too

Name sounds familiar. I'll give em a go. Any album in particular?

They went full neofolk after their first two albums. Songs of Moors and Misty Fields is the best of those.

Cool cool. I'll go grab those ones and give them a listen.

It's one album

youtube.com/watch?v=B55RCYhfZbg
youtube.com/watch?v=xeDms88R8bU
youtube.com/watch?v=4DhGvv6NCEk

Not him but I can't get over Primordial's chord progressions. Most of it just doesn't seem to have any purpose

I can't believe this was released in 1991. And, of all things, it's American.

What's the blackest album black metal has to offer?

Darkspace I

I need recs for metal like Pallbearer.
Basically doom ranging from slow-mid pace, healthy dose of melody and long instrumental passages.

Warning

Howdy.

Anyone here enjoy this band at all?

the entire genre genre of trad doom

have you just compared amon amarth with shit for stoners
BATHORY -self-titled
batushka litourgiya
quality release

I know but it gets mixed up with the numerous epic doom bands and it's harder to find what I want

>metal

BOGGLE

wew lad

What are the good dark funetal albums?

khemmis

That's not Twilight of the Thunder God

all of them.

I'm actually listening to The Kvlt is Alive right now

Dark Funeral isn't very good tb h

Is there any symphonic black metal band that actually use a real orchestra?

>literally their worst release

Im drunk as fuck, metal for this feel?

tankard aka dude beer lmao

whats your poison (metal and liquor wise)

What does metal think of limbonic art?

youtube.com/watch?v=Juthvm7QjuM

currently im just drunk off several stell reserves, tho if i had more money it would be off hard alc. black and death metal are my preferred but ill listen to anything

darkthrone is the shit my man

im drinking some shit beer and some cheap vodka but the poison works its magic either way, let me look through my catalog as a fellow drunk fucker would love

Did dismember only made 2 good albums?

youtube.com/watch?v=F3-37QScS6Y

truthfully throwing a wildcard here but i love the really heaviness when im intoxicated and hope you will too

I don't understand buying the cheapest possible beer or liqour if you just want to get drunk. Box wine has better alcohol/$ ratio

>box wine
christ mom what are you doing on /metal/.

I p much always just buy weed but sometimes times are hard and all you can get is liquor, and well i;ll take what i can get i guesss

>box wine
jesus christ no ew

the liquor i see if taking over with the typing

you're god damn right

I dig it my man

that's not Deceiver of the Gods

Im really glad i can help my fellow drunk friend

what is the problem with this? cheap box wine gives you aobut twice as much alcohol for your money compared to cheap liqour (at least where I'm at).
Everything is gonna taste like shit if you buy the cheapest brand so why not be cost effective?

quads of truth
hangovers after box wine are fucking terrible through, i'd rather get hungover from a cheap brand vodka

>when you've been drinking for years on years and don't get hangovers anymore

ayy
how are your livers senpai

probably black and rotten, but the spirits are very high

>that empty feel after finishing a game
mftf?

/metal/ essentials collage needed

>getting feels from video games
power metal or other neetcore

This one has a nice mix of memes and actual good stuff

meems n swaghetthi :3:))))):^))^)^))(^:):DDDD:DDDD

Average Opeth fan

youtube.com/watch?v=luWABvDNTS8

thx

man, the chinese are really great at metal

Just in case you're not baiting.
>chinese

Orchid is so much better than Morningrise.
Morningrise is disjointed as fuck.

I went to an Opeth/Dream Theater show when I was 13. The audience must have been completely autistic but sadly, I can't remember it at all.
Missing out on that sweet memory cringe

FUKKING SHITFACED

I saw Opeth at an outdoor summer metal festival, their set was over the course of sunset, their last few songs had a full moon visible, fucking picturesque. They ended on either Deliverance or Demon of the Fall.