asio4all.com/

Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick:
mediafire.com/download/07izim49ao6ij7m
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Other Links:
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar:
mediafire.com/download/tpr2u4e3bou2lqi

Modern Chord Progressions - Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/5lvaa121vz29y83

Jazz Guitar - Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2 - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/2ckhum02748z2pk

Beefheart's 10 Guitar Commandments:
archive.org/post/338826/captain-beefhearts-10-commandments-of-playing-the-guitar

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/excn20sg
gumtree.com/p/other-instruments/orange-tiny-terror-guitar-amplifier/1171787667
strawpoll.me/10458554
youtube.com/watch?v=2gomvsOn5j4
dunableguitars.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It says here that you still play guitar in 2016, care to explain that.

Repost from old thread.

What do you guys do when you run out of ideas to finish a song? I'm feeling frustrated, as I feel so close. Spent the last day programming drums, and except for the verse background, I fucking hate them. How the hell do I get over hating my own stuff to improve?

How do you finish what you hate?

looking for sites that i can get decent sheet music from

the memetimateguitar tabs just annoy me now

Bugera V22 infinium for a poorfag on a budget, yes or no?

>Post current gear
Bass: Starfire Left-Handed 5-String Bass (A.K.A. shitty ebay bass)
Acoustic Guitar: Ibanez AW400L
Bass Amp: Ampeg BA-108
>Post desired gear
Bass: Ibanez Soundgear SR300EL
Bass Amp: Fender Rumble 40
Guitar: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s Left-hand
Guitar Amp: Fender Champion 20
>How long have you been playing?
Bass: 1 year, 8 months
Acoustic Guitar: 6 months
>Favorite guitars/basses?
Guitars: Fender
Bass: Ibanez, Fender, Rickenbacker
>Favorite guitarists/bassists?
Guitarists: Tosin Abasi
Bassist: Chester Hansen, Jaco Pastorius, Thundercat
>Current/Past Projects?
Shitty rock cover band, solo EP in September single coming in a week or so, possible producer x bass project like FlyLo and Thundercat

:3

Only got 1 reply last thread

Fender Standard Jazz Bass or Ibanez SR500

RG420 here

RGA7 reporting in

This never gets old.

So that's a no I'm assuming.

only if you enjoy changing your tubes everey 3 months

There were some that overheated and burst into flames, so buyer beware. A Laney Cub would be a good choice.

I absolutely adore the wizard prestige neck on my RG1570, but I can't stand the hassle that comes with a floyd rose.

Are there other brands with god tier necks? I was thinking of ordering a Caparison Dellinger II.

I see the FR vid is back

> tfw at work, 9 hours, day 6 of 8 straight, waiting for parts not playing guitar

Apartment life and second shift = Main amp sits on mute with headphones hanging out of it and tiny little practice amps taking the forefront.

This little orange amp does it's job pretty well. Thought about trying out some other ones but don't know if it's worth it anymore.

Get a Tremol-no.

I-i made dis /gg/

neat, but you're gonna run out of space pretty quick

I don't need much space desu

>I don't need much space desu
...yet

why are there so many tripfags in these threads now

REEEEEEEEE

It was driving some troll crazy the other day. Probably just stuck.

plz don't say that

Looks like a fun setup!

daily reminder that most single coils are noisy and anemic, and a good humbucker is clearly superior, even for jangly stuff

prove it

Is there anywhere in the UK northwest that has a RIC 4003 in stock that I can go and try out.

I had been GASing for a Strat, a prs S2, or a Ibanez Roadcore but fuck this shit I'm just gonna forget it and actually play the god damn guitar.

Still want a Strat though.

It is fun, The Wave is super comfy and versatile. No one would ever give it a second look because of the name on the headstock though

>ran into a qt i knew from hs, talk some shit, ends with plans to teach her acoustic guitar
>comes over my place with a hard case, says it's probably not up to par with what I have but her parents bought it for her to learn on
>its a taylor 214ce dlx

Goddammit I just wanna be rich enough to blow all of it on gear.

This guitar is worth more than me guitar, my amp and all my pedals

Vox AV15 or Vox VT20X or Blackstar ID:15TVP?

I need an amp for my house that I share with 5 friends. I want good tonez at a low volume. I will be using pedals, all of which are pre-preamp pedals, none of which are gain based pedals.

Or should I drop the extra $100 and get the big brother of each (AV30, VT40X, ID:15TVP)? A larger speaker always sounds better, but a smaller speaker is less likely to annoy my housemates.

I do not gig or play live or anything. I make guitar based music with VST amp sims and plugins, so while recording options are nice, they arent completely necessary.

Any advice?

>taylor 214ce dlx
If you bone her she might buy you expensive gear for presents.

She's bi which is a huge warning sign but definitely doesn't seem as anxious or crazy anymore. I'll consider it for the pedal presents.

>not up to par
>$1000+ acoustic
Shit, man, she's trying to impress you. Better not fuck it up.

>doesn't fuck with crazy girls
What are you, some kinda pussy? Do it. Think of me when you're having the best sex of your life.

Those guitars are really nice. Loved the one I played and I'm an electric pleb.
This is true but you gotta brace if she goes yandere on your ass.

I'd love to date a bi girl so we can look at sweet ass together as they walk past

>How the hell do I get over hating my own stuff to improve?
Just keep working on your music in general. Usually when I end up hating a project I give up on it and move to another one. It works well enough

Here's the thing I'm working on.
clyp.it/excn20sg

Any feedback on it? Critique just might help. I hate how the drums go during the first part, but I can't come up with anything that sounds more proper. I was looking at a metal ballad kind of vibe.

I don't like how the drums sound right at the beginning, sounds a bit cheesy and fake. During the other parts it sounds a lot more natural. I dig your guitar playing though. Fun riffs. I can totally understand hating it if you've been working on it for a while. Hearing your own music that much gets tiring. I think it sounds pretty good though. Good enough where you could put it down if you're really hating it that much and call it finished for now, unless some other ideas pop in later.
Keep us updated if you change it, or if you get another project started

Any tips on how to de-cheese the drums? I personally think it's the cymbals that are mucking it up.

its the progression of all muscians. owning too much swag

man i have so much shit none of its even good i only play my classical to be honest family

my only advice is hang onto your starter stuff to give to some poor kid down the line

I'm pretty sure it's the cymbals. Maybe try making them come from both channels instead of just the left? Or maybe try a different cymbal sound there entirely. I'm not very good at programming drums so I'm sorry if I'm not too much help

Already experimenting with different beats. Found one that makes the riff sound completely different. I'll post an update when it's fully done, with the solo and all.

suggestions for not muting strings with fretting hand when playing barre chords or chording for that matter

notice the fats of my fingers muting certain strings
I try repositioning but still happens
would taping them help?

Gonna play some Avalanches on that thing?

I sprained two fingers on my fretting hand shortly before getting it, so quite yet. Been nostalgiafagging with some Kansas lately.

Looking for a low cost yet decent sounding tube amp. Want to stay away from brands like Bugera.

The options seem like Panama, Carvin, and Jet City if I want to keep it really cheap.

Or I could spend more and get something like an Egnater, Blackstar, or Fender.

What do?

Looking forward to it bro

You can find second hand Tiny Terrors for £200.

Can I say goodbye to my nut if I decide to put 12's on my guitar?

Actually, just found one for £150 on gumtree. I don't need/want one, but that's so fucking cheap I'm seriously tempted myself.

gumtree.com/p/other-instruments/orange-tiny-terror-guitar-amplifier/1171787667

i'm wondering if i should take up drums as a second instrument, as it seems every single local band seems to be lacking drummers.
would i look like an idiot if i used a digital drumset?

If I put lollars in a classic vibe strat or tele and swapped the electronics, how good would it sound?

seems like a good deal for under $650

What are some good book/resources about brazilian guitar stuff like samba and bossa nova?

dont know much about drums but id start with a traditional drumset. they're already expensive enough.

if you enjoy keeping the beat and smashing things then go for it.

i'd love to have a traditional drum set, but i'm worried about the noise as i practice. (ironic, i know) also, dragging an entire set to and from every gig sounds like a pain in the ass when i can fit a digital one in a little suitcase.

Well fuck.

I took my guitar to long and mcquade after seeing some anons post and now I have no guitar to play while I wait for them to set it up.
For some reason I thought they would set it up on the spot, but I guess that would've been stupid for them.

I've never felt this bored.

No one will take you seriously with a digital kit unless you're ready to drop at least $3000 on a high end Roland.

Get an acoustic kit. If you're in an apartment, use mute pads. If you live in a house, wear earplugs if you're that worried about the noise.

Drums and cymbals are really light compared to guitar gear, and moving a 4 or 5 piece kit is actually really painless. Every drummer ever has made it work, and so can you if you're serious about drumming.

newfag here
what exactly does "set it up" mean?
tuning//cleaning/restringing?

Let's get our own board for instruments and production :^)

strawpoll.me/10458554

I have $30 to buy an expression pedal, i don't mind buying used.
Any suggestions?

sadly, i dont think there'd be enough traffic.

what do y'all think of this bad boy?

It's when they (usually) change the strings on your electric guitar and the adjust the intonation (by adjusting the truss rod and saddles on the bridge). This keeps your guitar in tune all the way down the neck when you fret a note.

shit idea.
/prod/ and /gg/ are usually always up anyway

Yeah, and in this case includes testing/cleaning of electronics, setting intonation, and more.

Setting up a guitar is just adjusting it so it plays the way you want, in short.

Save up some more.

I want this, but it should not be for all hobbies thats way too fucking broad. Should just be instruments/production like you said.

Maybe, but it would pick up over time and stop anime posters

I realize this now, I was just thinking too broadly like you said, it should just be instrument and production

Looks great dude. Is the chassis all wood?

Also what did you use for the power thing?

Also, first for anime. Pic related would play a danelectro DC 59'.

i was literally about to say
>what anime posters?

then this happened

/prod/ and /gg/ are also shitty as fuck so...

>implying a shiny new board wouldn't grow equally shitty in a matter of weeks

If it doesn't work, we could always just abandon ship and come back to Sup Forums

this. these threads are getting stale. even if it was a painfully slow board, i think that the posting quality would improve.

HELP.

Just bought TU-3. I have a small clone and holy grail on my board. I think they both require 500mA.

I just bought the PCS-20A adapter to daisy chain straight from the tuner. Will this send power to all of the pedals or do I just return the PCS-20A?

A general for pedals would be very nice

How are you powering the tuner?
If it's a 9v addaptor in the tuner should should be fine daisy chaining it to your other pedals

I don't have any pedals, what are some essentials I should get?

Yeah would be nice to split up amp guitar and cable discussion

I doubt that they require that much mA, but you should be fine. I advise you to save up for an actual power supply if you get more pedals, because Daisy chains cause alot of extra noise and some tone suck

powering with 9v

Depends on what genre you play but you can't go wrong with an overdrive. Some essentials would probably be a phaser, overdrive, wah, and delay

my gf is bi and as a result we've had a threesome with a hot girl who will probably be joining us again at some point soon

trust me: it's worth it

What style of music are you playing? What's your current rig?

Just buy a 9v adaptor, you'll save a lot of money in the long run.

youtube.com/watch?v=2gomvsOn5j4

Intronaut shilling Mesa Boogie amps. Anyone familiar with the instrument brands?

Snark SA-1 adapter is how i power it

I power it with the 9v adapter. Are you sure thats fine? I have it daisy chained normally but if I do it from the tuner then that's extra space for me

my current gig is a cheap squier strat and a really bad amp, i like playing pretty much everything but want a thicker, darker sound to my guitar, do I need better gear for this or should I just buy a better guitar? also a good reverb pedal to hide my mistakes

dunableguitars.com/

One of the guys in the band owns the company apparently

Some squire strats can play very nice with a good setup, but having a good amp is imperative honestly. Get a holy grail if you want a decent reverb pedal

holy shit
must be nice growing up in the LA music mafia

There's nothing wrong with a digital drum set. Easier to transport, no changing heads, can make them sound like whatever you want.