youtube.com/watch?v=DprmuBbi0N0
youtube.com/watch?v=D60i-P8dqik
youtube.com/watch?v=qvIUdDtOO9E
youtube.com/watch?v=I7Mhfeh9orY
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7oTlM9TjY
youtu.be/NyWraDk6w8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

60's psych chart

80's psych. Personally my favorite album of psychedelic music is Anthem Of The Sun by The Grateful Dead. Super good manipulation of the studio and tape.

90's Psychedelia
should say 70's psych my bad, labeled these pics like 3 years ago when I used to make these threads on the regular.

00's Psych

10's psych. More to come

Modern Psych chart

More Psych

Ariel Pink flowchart. I consider him psychedelic sounding, not necessarily hardcore psychedelia

Black Moth Super Rainbow. Probably the most psychedelic sounding keyboard based band that I'm familiar with

Ok guys that's it. Bumping for the thread.

holy shit great charts... the bmsr one in particular is excellent.

Those charts, thank you user, you have saved my life

Bump
Fantastic job chartbro, you're the man.

Thank you user
thank you sir
thank you, i am now chartbro

Discussion: Most psychedelic Animal Collective album and Pink Floyd album

The most psychedelic AnCo album for me is Danse Manatee. It's not their best but that opening track so beautifully captures the essence of melting your absolute face off.

If no one has checked out tame impalas rarities and b sides album please do it's better than currents t b h

For me I'd think Here Comes The Indian or even MPP for the sheer amounts of sound effects and samples used.
The one on YT? It's good, especially the opener (which I found out was a cover).

>follakzoid
feels good to know a band from my country gets recognition

>tfw youre a musician and you take psychdelics

I am pretty sure i managed to step outside of myself and transcribed music from god

it really changed my perspective on things

Where is Acid Mother Temple, also reccing 2003-2006 era AnCo, especially their live

>most psychedelic Animal Collective album
hard to say... many of them are fair picks, they do so many different styles. Maybe HCTI since it's a lot more wild and unrestrained, although their pop stuff is just as powerful sometimes. SJ and MPP are excellent.
>most psychedelic Pink Floyd album
Saucerful of Secrets desu
although Meddle and DSOTM are just as well written and about as enjoyable on drugs. Saucerful is more spaced out though.

Is there a chart for women in psych music?

I love the grateful dead but I hate the way the drums sound on that album, maybe it's the /prod/ in me

pls make one

I'll try and listen to more in the genre so I'm more familiar with it. If I end up making one in the future I'll share it.

What are some songs similar to Across the Universe by The Beatles? I love that song to bits but I've yet to hear anything like it, even though it sounds very familiar...

Why is psychedelic music the best genre?

What about this youtube.com/watch?v=KCcmgUpkabM

Or maybe Year of the Clam (album) by Bad Liquor Pond?

Because a lot of artists did psych and so did work that can be considered psychedelic

Freak Scene - Psychedelic Psoul
youtube.com/watch?v=bTq37D-mG8E
Country Joe & the Fish - Electric Music for Mind and Body
youtube.com/watch?v=DprmuBbi0N0
Strawberry Alarm Clock - Wake Up...It's Tomorrow
youtube.com/watch?v=D60i-P8dqik
Paul Butterfield Blues Band - East-West
youtube.com/watch?v=qvIUdDtOO9E

idk i didn't make the chart but AMT is great. Live AnCo from that era is goat
i agree
no but there should be
Possibly. I'm a producer and it's just how they were recorded at the time but they were pushing the limits of recording at the time so it makes sense that the drums weren't the best priority in 1967
dubs confirms

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=I7Mhfeh9orY
Been listening to the fuck out of this, not sure if it's the actual compilation or not but it's fucking peachy

listening to this right now, so good

This

youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7oTlM9TjY

nice chart! i'm working on one similar '80s chart since months

Honestly it's my favorite Spiritualized album
they're great aren't they?
Good good we need more 80's psych. That first Phish album is excellent man

Glad to see my thread is still alive

for any Beatles sound-a-like circa 1969-1970, always check the Aerovons first youtu.be/NyWraDk6w8M