Fucking 2016. What's going on?

Fucking 2016. What's going on?

None of these albums can be called straight disappointment. They're big and refined. Technically they have everything the fans could only want.

But nope. Something just doesn't work this time. You know it fucking doesn't.

Yep, I included Kanye in this. It's just Kanye West, but even here everything I said applies.

Why didn't we prevent this?

>Something just doesn't work this time. You know it fucking doesn't.
What?

You heard me.

Or maybe I'm just a faggot and these albums are all as great as it gets. Idk.

Somebody fell hard for Sup Forums cynicism meme.

The fuck are you talking about OP?

Top 2-3 DG album, Best post reformation Swans, great Radiohead album and a Kanye album that I can actually stand to listen to.

Its been great so far.

A Moon Shaped Pool is easily the most forgettable album they've done

Ik what you mean, OP. They are not bad albums, they have what we come expect from the artists. But there is a spark of originality and progress that is lost. To add to this, The new '2016 releasing process' involves a sloppy rollouts, numerous leaks, lack of accessibilty, and just takes away from the impact of one big drop, so your judgement is really crippled before you even here the album.

Why do you care so much about music made in 2016?

It's true, 2016 seems to be the year in which almost every "big" (on Sup Forums, that is) artist puts out a new album that's somehow a little bland
Almost halfway and not one AOTY contender so far for me

You could've included Blackstar as well imo

>Best post reformation Swans
no

>tfw you liked AMSP & TGM

I'd replace Swans with Tim Hecker. His was a bit disappointing, Swans are pretty good imo.

My Father > TGM > TBK > The Seer

TGM was good
rest are meh

I haven't heard TGM yet but Bottomless Pit was great, if not their greatest, and AMSP was the best thing since Amnesiac. TLOP was shit but I'm not a Kanye fan (though I can at least say Yeezus and MBDTF had focus).

If you wanna talk disappointment, lots of people were pretty underwhelmed by Eno, Babyfather, PJ Harvey, and Anohni. And as said, Tim Hecker (though I haven't heard that yet either).

Well thats an opinion you don't see often. But how can you love My Father so much and prefer TBK to The Seer when The Seer is basically My Father, just bigger and more refined?
I'd add that Love Streams is still a 7 tho. It was a courageous step into a completely new aesthetic but after Virgins and Ravedeath I expected something more refined.

Yeah maybe it's the whole expectations thing or maybe we're just getting old. That or maybe we're running out of things to surprise us right now. Personally I feel like I've overwhelmed myself over the past 3 years with loads of great albums which makes it harder for something brand new to impress me. I mean even Blackstar was so so to me.

Because he's a contrarian tryhard. MFWGMUARTTS

all of those albums are good except tlop

>when The Seer is basically My Father, just bigger and more refined?
I think that's the point, The Seer feels like it's stretched out too long compared to the compact punch of My Father. The title track especially seems very boring to me, while I do get the appeal. The Seer seems to be more about the ambiance and overall atmosphere which I think is nice but I don't really feel it, whereas My Father is more energetic.

Thanks for the cool reaction though, it's not only an uncommon but also an unaccepted opinion it seems.

Death Grips bottomed out. Haven't checked Swans yet. Radiohead have long since bottomed out. TLOP though? Bach could've made TLOP, it's that good.

You're not actually into music. It was a fad for you.

Enjoy the rest of your shallow existence.

is this a meme

Shit taste confirmed.

>things people say before going to commit murder suicide on a live gig

I'll testify to The Glowing Man, cause it left me mildly disappointed, although I enjoyed it. Don't know about the other three.

Life of Pablo is literally the worst album of this year and probably in the top 10 worst rap albums of all time.

>bottomless pit
Literally not one bad track
>amsp
One of their best
>TLOP
It's okay

haven't listened to tgm yet because it's like 2 hours long

(You)

If you like Swans, I'm cool with any album being your favorite, other than The Burning World of course. Its not horrendous or anything, but its just not a Swans album.

BTW I get you, I can handle the title track of The Seer just fine but I think the songs between The Seer Returns and Avatar are a bit lackluster on their own. But the reason why The Seer is in my top3 of all time is because as a whole the album is such a unique journey, and tracks like Lunacy or The Apostate are practically flawless. I just have to appreciate the huge ambition behind the record.

My Father seems to me like a transition album, a warm-up before The Seer. I've listened to The Seer like 35 times according to last.fm, while I've listened to My Father only 5 times. I'll make that a 6 tomorrow though.

cant argue with those digits

newfag confirmed.

What he said is relative to OP though...

Goddamn its summer as fuck in here.

yeah no this guy is 100% right

Perhaps it has to do with the order in which I first listened to them (The Seer -> TBK -> My Father), idk

Anyway, have fun listening

Bottomless Pit is genuinely entertaining pleb music ("very shallow listening", but good)
The Glowing Man has its moments but it's far from being the "epic" conclusion I expected it to be
AMSP is stunningly beautiful at times but not an album Radiohead will be remembered for (which is kind of obvious, OKC and Kid A already took that place)
TLOP is a sad joke.

All in all 2016 has been pretty mediocre so far.

So much this.

Kanye fags are more deluded than he is.

I agree, all of these albums are way over hyped. It's like when you draw a cool little design but then you keep doodling and over do it and ruin your cool design. There comes a time when the originality and novelty is lost, and it's time to move on to something new.

DG was alright, moon shaped pool and tlop are just bad. Still waiting to listen to new swans

Yeah no one says that here. Leave please:)

>>>/you/

TS>TGM>TBK>MF

what?

>I am Sup Forums
>Sup Forums is me

agreed

I think when we look back we're going to find artists who weren't popular in 2016, and were found later

why does anyone care about anything at all?

It means you are tired of listening to the stuff that Sup Forums is telling you to listen to. You are tired of Death Grips and Swans and Radiohead and Kanye. Time for a change.

quality is subjective.
I don't know why you're trying to unite these four disparate albums into one thesis that's entirely related to your interior state rather than anything about the albums themselves, that just so happened to be released in an arbitrarily defined period of time.

What's really happening is you're becoming 25+ years old.

Wrong. Sometimes I'll think about a random moment from AMSP and I'll want to put it on, where as most times I forget the King of Limbs was ever even a thing. I MIGHT listen to just Lotus Flower every couple of months.

Bottomless Pit and The Glowing Man are fantastic records. TLOP was ok but sorta a disjointed mess. I really wanted to love AMSP, and it was by no means a bad record at all, but it really lacks replay value for me. I think maybe I've just outgrown radiohead for the most part.

Sup,

You guys are listening to way too much music. Try to tone it down a bit.

Chhers.

current zeitgeist is one of perpetually never quite getting off

Life of Pablo and AMSP are boring as hell.

I was just thinking the same about AMSP and Pit so far, especially the AMSP is very boring.

Big and refined but they lack something really important and I can't decide what

>a Kanye album I can actually stand to listen to
If there's any Kanye album that can be called unlistenable, it's TLOP

i'm one of the biggest kanye dickriders but i thought tlop was extremely forgettable, haven't listened to it since march.

>one of the best death grips albums
>best radiohead album in years
>swans album that's equally good as, if not better than the last 2
>including the worst kanye album and one of the worst albums I've heard in years in the same breath as these

please kill yourself, your opinions are clearly those of a young, uncultured child

This. Underwhelming year as far as new releases go. Explains why i've spent more time going through my backlog listening to stuff from before Sup Forums even existed.

>AMSP is boring/forgettable/2deep4me
you're all the worst

>from before Sup Forums existed

why can't you just say older music
Sup Forums didn't mark a huge change in music

Also, I believe 2016 has been one of the better years of this decade an the releases so far are surprisingly good. But it's okay if you disagree

Painting with would be a better fit than AMSP. Of all the big releases so far, I liked AMSP the best.

I know what you mean about Swans and DG though. More of the same we've been getting since 2014, something different would have been nice. PW was just a disappointment all around. Not a huge Kanye fan so I can't give much insight there.

Hoping that TGM will grow on me and I really liked Seer and TBK.