Did she bring anything new to pop music?

Did she bring anything new to pop music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pstVCGyaUBM
youtube.com/watch?v=3aw_sZvauCw
youtube.com/watch?v=C7l3y7LOzLc
youtube.com/watch?v=1_fCELuMsAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tumblr

just another one hit wonder

It's an extremely difficult borderline impossible thing to do, to bring something "new" to pop. But Pure Heroine is a nice pop album and I'm looking forward to her predictable "dark" follow-up.

She brought me to the realization that I've conditioned myself to find ugly girls attractive

Not nearly as influential as people say, in my opinion, the "indie sound" was in full swing long before she was even a thought.

She's good, but she just picked a good time to show up.

she doesn't have that over the top style of singing I guess.

holy fucking who. i forgot all about her. wow.

youtube.com/watch?v=pstVCGyaUBM

she made this style of downtempo-pop mainstream, now you see lots of pseudo-indie band ripping-off it

not new as such, but she represents a sort of commercial peak for "alt pop"

She gave us a shit cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World.

Yeah I was just reminded of her last night.

who did it better, Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=3aw_sZvauCw

skip to 10:45
youtube.com/watch?v=C7l3y7LOzLc

She's literally 19

Maybe not, but did anybody honestly expect her to? She's was just a 16 or 17 year old who made a pretty decent pop album. I think I read that her parents traveled everywhere with her. She's just a kid with some promise.

Ripped off goddesses like grimes, bjork, iamamiwhoami, planningtorock, karin andersson and scrubbed the sound clean for mass consumption

>artists who are secretly high test

LP2 WHEN

considering how young she is, she has a lot of room to grow. major potential. we'll see what happens in the future

the first time a pop star is ugly

>Ripped off goddesses like grimes
Didn't she state Grimes as an influence?

Lady Gaga?

she doesn't have a cucumber body shape though

Grimes: The great innovator of having a smelly vagina and looking like a inbred trailer child.

ask to your sister wups just wait till she stop sucking my penis haha

stripped-back beats w/ heavy reverb + rnb/soul influenced vocal, heavy emphasis on greys/ neutral colour choices in music videos
i would guess that she (by 'she' i mean all the people involved in marketing/profuction etc.) probably didn't 'invent' these things but the trend took off with her i think

Thats because she cant sing
>autotune

bump

Underrated post

Pure Heroine is one of the best pop albums put out in a long time. If you haven't given it a chance, you really should.

She made a one hit wonder pop song about class problems or something even though pulp already made the ultimate classism call out song with common people, then she sort of drifted into obscurity and no one cares anymore.
Also she looks like that one monster from lord of the rings.

youtube.com/watch?v=1_fCELuMsAs

Royals is arguably the worst song on the album

The Brit Awards tribute was better overall.

The Grammy's one was more like "watch Lady Gaga cover David Bowie" than an emotional tribute.

The Gaga one seems like some shitty Branson show or something. For somebody who loves Bowie as much as she claims, Gaga really only seemed to understand him on a really superficial level.