Heard a lot of different opinions on this band/album, but what does Sup Forums think? Personally, I'm a huge fan

Heard a lot of different opinions on this band/album, but what does Sup Forums think? Personally, I'm a huge fan

prefer lincoln but i quite like this too

I've been a puppet-head since their first cassette tape. It took some getting used to when they went to a live band format, they had some misfires for sure. John Henry has some bright spots, but is kind of disappointing. They kind of made up for it with Factory Showroom and Mink Car, both of which struck more of a balance between rock and synth.

I think it's well worth your trouble to check out the rest of their back catalogue.

Their last two albums are a bit mixed, but they're over 25 years along now.

this

is there later stuff still weird?

love tmbg, near perfect discography

>album rankings coming through
Lincoln
Flood
s/t
Apollo 18
The Else
John Henry
Factory Showroom
>the rest
none of the other albums compete with these desu

Join Us was kind of a let down.
Glean and Nanobots have some great songs on them, though.

I'M YOUR ONLY FRIEND I'M NOT YOUR ONLY FRIEND BUT I'M A LITTLE GLOWING FRIEND BUT REALLY I'M NOT ACTUALLY YOUR FRIEND BUT I AM

people told me to listen to them because I like ween, primus and zappa

Boy did I sure get joked on.

This, if you move s/t to the top, add spine after John Henry and Misc T after Lincoln

"Birdhouse in My Soul" is possibly the greatest dadrock of all time. Pinnacle of the genre.

>because I like ween, primus and zappa
I don't know if you got joked on, but it sure seems like your friends misread your tastes. I love Zappa and Primus (I could take or leave Ween), and I love TMBG; but I wouldn't assume that anybody else would. I've never turned anybody else onto them that wasn't already a little interested.

aren't they might be giants big fans of cardiacs and the residents?

>TMBG
>dadrock
You what mate

They Might Be Giants are like Ween if they were spork in a charming way instead of a lolweedcockrandom way.

>"Birdhouse in My Soul"
It's "Birdhouse in Your Soul

>dadrock
Of course you wouldn't know what your talking about.

long tall weekend, the spine, the else, join us, nanobots, glean, and phone power are all very worthwhile too

One of my favorites. My dad was always played them almost incessantly when I was growing up.

I feel like it goes on too long which says a lot since it's only like 40 minutes. There is definitely a good 30 minute album in there though.

they're the pleb version of ween

>version of ween
apples & oranges

>Dadrock

Kek, my sides

If any of you fuckers were alive in 1990 then you are way too old to be posting on this board.

If you weren't alive before 1998 you're to young to be posting on this board.