/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Dead Sara finally getting an 8.3 BNM?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins? [taking the Big Apple’s publications by storm]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired, metal albums still won't get BNM, everyone still won't care]
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp? [retired, will probably still get asked to show feet]
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 27
Nights since last BNM: 3

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Blood Orange drops his album early
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Bat for Lashes, BadBadNotGood, and The Avalanches.
-/p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxzMbAMO73k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

make /p4k/ great again

Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM

This thread stands with Michael Gira, Freddie Gibbs, Afrika Bambaataa, Heathcliff Berru, Leslie Rasmussen, Gustavo Guerra & Dr. Luke -- and rejects the rape culture hysteria of Meagan Garvey, Amber Coffman, Bethany Cosentino, Larkin Grimm, Ke$ha, et al.

What is everyone listening to?

Fuck off, this thread stands with Zoe Camp and Zoe Camp alone.

>her

ooooo edgy

Implying?

Hey this is pretty good so far

Who's getting it tonight?

it's been a while since i've been to one of these. glad to see people are doing well.

listened to 5 songs off of freetown sound before turning it off. felt like i'd been listening to it for an hour already, super sloggy. ta-nehisi coates did exactly what dev set out to do already in literary form, except it's obvious that coates at least has some sense of composition and talent. it will get an 8.8 from p4k.

which bnms are people feeling will already be forgotten by the end of the year? money's on dvsn, porches, and kevin morby.

really enjoying new huerco s. i wished altered zones was still a thing.

Does anyone know if p4k has ever reviewed a surprise release within a day?

They reviewed the new Neil Young about a week before it was due out... don't know if that counts but I don't know how they could've gotten their hands on it beforehand

what an embarrassing post.

I know there is a 1% chance you're real, but
feet?

i was a big fan of the last blood orange and i ride (figuratively) w/d'angelo,kendrick, antohni et al., but i also had to cut this one short. ill try again later, but it was not clicking.

Really? Anything in particular wrong? Do you think it still has a shot at BNM?

>still has a shot at BNM
Not OP, but of course it does. I think it will get an 8.8 BNM. Have you read the Augustine review? They even made a feature of all the women featured on the album.

well i was listening pretty casually, and i didn't have any context wrt his aim for the project, so i probably didn't approach the album on its own terms. but yeah, it doesn't have the sexy/sultry immediacy of the last one imo.

not to be too crass, but historically p4k likes blood orange and they rep woke politics, so i'd be surprised if it didn't. and hey it might be a very good album-- but it just wasn't what i expected or looked forward to.

broods will get panned hard i think
deerhoof will get a 7.5-8.0
cash cash won't get reviewed lol

6.9 Deerhoof

Fuck right out of the world. 8.0-8.1 at the very least. I'm so fucking done with Pitchfork.

DEERHOOF BTFO 6.9

THAT'S WHAT THEY GET FOR BEING SO KAWAII

Seriously, I'm done with these threads and music journalism. bye.

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Jim O’Rourke / Fennesz 7.1 by Philip Sherburne
Deerhoof 6.9 by Benjamin Scheim
Told Slant 7.4 by Rohan Samarth
Amy Klein 4.9 by Pat Healy

Reminder: Whatever albums on this chart are not reviewed by Pitchfork by 1 AM eastern time on Friday will be marked "BITCHFORK".

holy shit cash cash is still around. fuck.

Why do you do this?

this desu

kill you are self

It's fun. Pitchfork releases way more than 14 reviews in a week, showing they have the time to review all these and then some. If they don't have the balls to review, say, Cash Cash, I'll call them out on it at the deadline. A negative review is better than none at all, in my opinion.

speak for yourself.

take care, everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=gxzMbAMO73k