Is there a single good australian artist?

is there a single good australian artist?

Other urls found in this thread:

massesmelbourne.bandcamp.com/album/horde-mentality-ep
youtube.com/watch?v=-4vSEXvLsx0
youtube.com/watch?v=7N5akOOlGTI
youtube.com/watch?v=5iuhQ2QWjKA
youtube.com/watch?v=ogIJBst9JKA
youtube.com/watch?v=z8uK-S3NNSw
youtube.com/watch?v=ODArQ-TcHQo
youtube.com/watch?v=mwCOFaYXRyk
youtube.com/watch?v=stNQZGNtfPk
youtube.com/watch?v=k2sW53Hjo30
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q6dQW-HHjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah, just not any music ones

yes

mall grab

massesmelbourne.bandcamp.com/album/horde-mentality-ep

nick cave

I mean, Midnight Oil is okay kinda

INXS and Do Re Mi

The Go-Betweens

youtube.com/watch?v=-4vSEXvLsx0

Kylie Minogue

AC/DC

youtube.com/watch?v=7N5akOOlGTI

after the 80's australian popular culture really fell off

Ben Frost, resident in Iceland but still Australian. I also have a soft spot for Courtney Barnett, but I acknowledge that her music isn't ground-breaking or anything.

Nick Cave is one of the greatest recording artists of all time and has one of the most solid discographies ever, if you disagree you're a pleb.

I have half a chub for Hands Like Hice

The Bee Gees

The Easybeats

What the fuck are you on about little man?

youtube.com/watch?v=5iuhQ2QWjKA

Blonde Tongues.

Angel City

Karnivool

Shannon Noll

*tips fedora*

Pogo

Bon Scott Era ACDC

tons of good punk, post-punk and other underground rock stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=ogIJBst9JKA
youtube.com/watch?v=z8uK-S3NNSw
youtube.com/watch?v=ODArQ-TcHQo
youtube.com/watch?v=mwCOFaYXRyk

umad?

Who's that weird balding mustache guy who does retro lo-fi 80s sounding stuff? his videos are all horrible cheap green screen effects while he's playing bass in a miami vice suit... fuck can't remember his name

The drones, ball Park music, bad//dreams, delta riggs, nick cave, the birthday party, dirty three, avalanches can keep going... whoever made this thread is clearly not from Aus

Deez Nuts

The Necks

Some of those are good, others are just triple j trash, bad//dreams and ball park music especially are so fucking garbage

Sia

blease help this is killing me

donny benet

youtube.com/watch?v=stNQZGNtfPk

YES
bless you user, bless you and yours. what can i repay you with? your (internet) wish is my command! will send timestamped noodz if requested.

RUFUS

I understand where you are coming from. Idk why I always found them espically Ball Park Music really enjoyable

literally who? oh, you must mean RÜFÜS. yeah they're pretty good

Hiatus Kaiyote
Flight Facilities
Miami Horror

>Gotye (actually good besides that radio song)
>Avalanches

I agree, there's something about them. I think it's cause they kinda realise that they're just pop rock music and they're not taking themselves too seriously.

>Hiatus Kaiyote
have seen them live, can confirm they're god awful. Also Nai Palm seems like a total cunt.

Whoever posted this is clearly from Aus

Ben Reynolds is from Australia if I remember correctly and he's great

>King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
>Eddy Current Suppression Ring
>Nick Cave
>Roland S. Howard
>The Avalanches

Rise up lights

Men at work is literally GOAT

dune rats

I'd argue that INXS was arguably the best band in the world during the latter half of the 80's.

DUDE DUNE RATS STICKY FINGERS VIOLENT SOHO LMAO PACK 'ER UP BOIS xD XD

At LEAST 2
youtube.com/watch?v=k2sW53Hjo30
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q6dQW-HHjo

Violent fucking Soho

yeah

The Avalanches

>cut copy hasn't been mentioned yet

oi cunt you forgot dz deathrays

the smith street band, dz deathrays, dune rats, violent soho, stickyfingers

They've been irrelevant for years
May as well list Architecture In Helsinki while you're at it
See

men at work

so because they were listed in caps with XD faces that means they are bad. Sick discussion senpai! Did you listen to these bands before you shared it?

the fuck did not know this board auto corrects senpai to senpai

AREN'T YA'LL FORGETTING SOMETHING??

fucks sake f a m
fucking autistic mods

Dude those bands are fucking garbage and the culture of triple j drones which surround those bands is cringey as shit

The saints
The birthday party
Nick Cave

Portal, StarGazer, Impetuous Ritual, the list goes on.

How new are you, friend?
>good australian artist
>good
Just kidding he's alright

Parkway drive are dece

nu as fuck f͏am

I saw them live and really loved it, what was your experience like?

>no mention of Thirlwell

well i guess it's up to me

>punk
>good

I agree, but Dalai Lama, big banana, Marijuana goes off. Do it for the bant

Nick Cave and Foetus

Punk is what Australia does best, from The Saints, Radio Birdman and X, post-punk like Laughing Clowns, Birthday Party and The Moodists to recent stuff like Eddy Current Suppression Ring and Royal Headache

Flume

Of course, there are many: search under "New Zealand".

5 Seconds of Summer were actually good buskers back in Newtown. I used to love seeing those boys out there.

Then they got noticed and all this bullshit happened. I can't hold it against them for jumping on their opportunities, but they were better as buskers desu.

It's a tragedy that 5SOS got big but nobody remembers Short Stack anymore

yes

short stack is bad

>he isn't down with the Stack

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Savage Garden

haha what are lauagh at?

I'd still sleep with them. Minor celebrities are a little more excited about groupies and fuccbois and there isn't as much competition, so if I put my mind to it it's a realitic dream. Plus groups like 5sos are probably all dirty and herpes-infested from all the secks.

I don't know all The Stack's music but what I've heard is bland bland blaaaand

I saw them live and can comfirm they're balls amazing. They're fusion jazz in disguise.
Also Nai Palm is a lovely woman, very kind and modest.

Nick Cave
Dead Can Dance
Icehouse
The Avalanches
Cut Copy

I don't know how anyone forgot Dead Can Dance though, they made some god tier stuff and even ended up on the same label as the Cocteau Twins (and later produced one of their albums).

>meme grab

Mournful Congregation, Whitehorse, Narrow Lands, Hungry Ghosts, HTRK, SPK, Miners, Aethyrvorous, Serious Beak, Shining Bird, Snakesgetbadpress, Home Burial, Space Bong, The Sunday Painters, Tanned Christ, Totally Unicorn, These Immortal Souls, Lubricated Goat, Venom P. Stinger, We Lost The Sea

yeah its a pretty shitty time when tame impala is mentioned before foetus

Anyone who mentions fucking Hockey Dad can get off my Sup Forums

He was mentioned before though

Stop being contrarian fucks and admit that Tame Impala is the best Australian band of all time.

Pond is also pretty good.

smae

who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who, who

No Alchemist?