Does /moo/ like The Residents?

Does /moo/ like The Residents?

I do, but even on here they're underrated.
Also the anti-residents snobbery continues here sometimes too.

Fingerprince is underrated as hell though.

Demons Dance Alone made me tear up

I prefer the eponymous first album to Not Available. What's your favourite guys?

One of the few bands I can think of whose music is good enough to warrant their gimmick

the twofer known as duck stab/buster & glen.

>Fingerprince is underrated as hell though
My negro, it's just as good if not better than the rest of their classic run.

Their 2000s albums get overlooked too. Animal Lover, Demons Dance Alone, Bunny Boy, and High Horses are god tier.

I would Eskimo and Not Available are my favorites.

Did they ever do anything elsr like Eskimo? With that really moody ambient feel, I'd love to know.

My favorites are meet the residents, third Reich n roll, and n/a

Commercial Album is my shit

God in Three Persons is breathtaking and my appreciation of it increases with each listen.

I like them more as a concept than as a band.

But i still really like their music, they capture a feel and mood than i've never found in any other band or film.

I feel like this is how I secretly feel about them. I really enjoy their tunes, but Commercial Album houses some of my favorites. Not something I can listen to all the time, but I do enjoy listening when it is on. I usually have to listen alone though, most people don't vibe with it.

>Favorite Album
Eskimo
>Least Favorite
Hunters
>Underrated
Smell My Picture
>Favorite Track
Walter Westinghouse

Meet The Residents->Eskimo is goat, commercial, gi3p, and wormwood are all great too

I love their older stuff

I suggest anyone just now finding out about the residents to start with the commercial album : )

Everything after Mark of the Mole is absolute shit.

The First Three Albums, Demon Dance Alone, Commercial Album, Wormwood, Eskimo, and Gingerbread Man are my favorites.

I'd like to do this with other Residents albums

does anyone else love Not Available?

I absolutely love it. It sounds like what depression feels like and almost every song touches on the subject of depression. The album is absolutely devastating and I still enjoy it way more than Meet The Residents, which many people regard as their best album. In fact, I consider Meet The Residents as on of their weaker albums.

"To show, or to be shown, is a question, never known, not by many to exist."

I've listened to some of their other stuff and while it sounds cool, it doesn't really have the same feeling as Not Available.

>favorite album
Not Available
>least favorite
The Tunes Of Two Cities
>Underrated
Stars & Hank Forever
>Favorite track
Spotted Pinto Bean and Part Two: The Making of a Soul

Yeah, Meet the Residents is really unrefined compared to everything else they have done

Love them.
I wish their storytelling albums had more love though.
The Voice of Midnight and God in Three Persons are really fucking great