youtube.com/watch?v=H-y91mzjaHA
vocaroo.com/i/s1zaZpTUAKLA
pedalboardplanner.com/
clyp.it/545wevge
clyp.it/sscotoyp
youtube.com/watch?v=Dg2fRBXhB6Q
clyp.it/avf1cave
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When did you realize superstrats were the logically advancement to guitars?

>24 frets for added range
>upper cutaway for easy access to higher frets
>thinner necks for easier playing

I have more money then God and still play and record out of a cheap solid state amp. These threads are worse then any online guitar forum. You people pretend to have money and love only the best. Worthless is what you are.

Cool story, bro.

you should buy an amp with some valves. Really improve your tone.

Are there any guitarforums that aren't swarmed by metal fags? Where my acoustic bros at?

Should I get a new classical or an electric guitar? I have approx $500 (AUD)

What would you go for in a custom built guitar or bass in terms of neck? I despise high floss finish because of the stickiness, but I'm not sure if I should order it unfinished or with a satin/matte finish.

high gloss*

Electric. If you have one already, get one that's vastly different. More diversity = more creative influence

Picked up one of these Yamaha Bass guitars 2 months ago now for $350AUD, as a starter bass.

I was playing a borrowed fairly low-quality Monterey, so low quality the head was actually screwed on to the neck, with a very noticeable join, The neck is warped to the point the strings are almost 6ml out on the higher frets, making it completely unslappable and genuinely difficult to play.
It might just be this one old guitar, but as it stands i'm not going anywhere near monterey starter guitars ever again.

And i've got to say, the TRBX174 is an amazing quality product for its price.
Easily competes with $500-$700 products.
Great build, great finish and it plays like a dream.

Played a TRBX 304 in store and it had noticeably higher quality pickups, again great quality mid-range guitar that can compete with higher end stuff.

I've had no problems playing Muse Faith No More or slapping along to Red Hot Chilli Peppers songs, and a good mate of mine who has been playing bass for many more years than I, who has a whopping $3000+ bass guitar said it's definitely one of the better guitars she's played, and it well worth it's comparably reasonable price tag.

satin for sure. Especially if you hate the gloss stickiness. If you get it unfinished, you can try to treat/finish with oils and shit, but it requires some upkeep.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. But I always hear about people sanding down the neck and leaving it unfinished, I don't think I'd be comfortable with that. Satin finish seems to be the best of both worlds, love it on my instruments that have it (on the body as well as the neck).

gun stock oil barely requires any upkeep, only if you get it really fucking sweaty and hot then literally just run some steel wool over it and throw on another coat of oil. that's like maybe one time for the rest of your life.

look into gun stock oil

seriously it's fucking delightful to the touch. satin finishes always turn to low quality, uneven gloss over time. gun stock oil is #1 for real. only costs like $6

I have a TRBX 174 as well, not familiar with aussie prices but that seems expensive. Anyway, it's alright for the price, but let's be honest, the pickups are pretty bad and the neck (at least on my one) is way too thick. And the bidge is a piece of shit, but it stays in tune and can be adjusted properly.

Sadly there's none.
General population does not have any appreciation for real music.

Alright, thanks. Any recommendations for electric guitars in that price range?

>tfw guitar center's 4th of july sale is terrible

what semi-acoustic would you guys recommend? I'm looking at the Gibson ES series, open to any suggestion regardless of brand etc

Hagstom Viking if you're looking for fairly cheap.

price isn't an issue

Where's my /morning crew/?

Selling the Jag today, might use the cash to hit up a Tribute G&L ASAT Special on Craigslist. Got a new band starting up and want another T-style for my backup slash alternate tunings.

Has anyone else noticed the sudden influx of Girls to lazy to learn the guitar so they picked up a ukulele and became a singer/songwriter overnight?

>Bragging about purposely having bad gear.

Having lots of cash doesn't validate what you choose to buy with it, dipshit.

Do you mean semi-hollow?

The ES series is really great. Look into the Midtown Custom and see if you can find one without the Richlite fretboard. The handful I've played in my life were a dream, and I'm mostly a Tele guy.

I mainly play acoustics. That's all I have on me atm.

Yeah semi-hollow, however the term semi-acoustic can also be used I'm pretty sure. I'm looking at the 355 but they seem quite hard to find, 335 ES is also a possibility or even a Grestch White Falcon

guitar is hardly more difficult

this post confirms you've never played a guitar before

And your first post confirms you're a loser in the social department

why? just because i pointed out show stupid your post was doesn't reflect anything on how I am socially. Sounds like you're projecting matey

shut the fuck up

I don't mind having less than 24 but I can't see why you wouldn't pick a superstrat cutaway and thin neck.
The only issue's looks. Some look really gaudy, but I'd take that over an unplayable pretty guitar.

I'm poor as shit and I can see the circlejerk here but that doesn't mean I'm a douchebag about it, if you want to improve the thread, talk about actual theory and technique instead of meta garbage.

Whatever, there's always going to be a bunch of attraction whores having more success than you while being worse.

I was thinking about buying my first acoustic guitar (been playing electric for 1 year now) and my teacher, who works at a music store, told me about a Tanglewood Crossroads TWCR they just received. It's 160€, and he says that's a great deal for the money.

Does anyone know about this brand and this specific model? I know nothing about acoustic guitars so I'm not sure if that's a fair price or if the guitar's good at all.

I wasn't even the poster you originally replied to kek

Post 1 minute clip of you playing the guitar now.

clyp.it/odix5jhb

Can anyone identify the black session man in this? I love his sound and want more of him.

youtube.com/watch?v=H-y91mzjaHA

so i played around with it and decided to use the vibro champ as my amp and the twin as my cabinet, 2 8ohms in parallel.

i rescued this poor little amp from my school a few years ago, it hadn't been used for many years because they thought it's trash.

vocaroo.com/i/s1zaZpTUAKLA

short snippet, how'd it sound? unplugged on my strat

sounds like the most basic shit ever, too much reverb and also you suck

sorry

hope you get some money for that thing

This () is less skill though

i thought it was good user, don't listen to him. good tone and some solid shredding

what can be said every chick who can sing like the millionth indie wants something to back up there shit either they pick the ukulele, 4 chord acoustic guitar fuckery, last but not least some shit vaporwave in the background.

What is a 4 string ukulele fag doing in this thread

You nailed the tone and vibe, sounds just like John. Well done

Depends on what you play i would recommend you get a electric because you can play a lot of different things.

What's your ideal pedal board, /gg/? How much progress have you made?

pedalboardplanner.com/

I've only got the Mastotron so far but at least the Ring Thing seems to be really unpopular and goes for reasonable used.

clyp.it/545wevge

I don't have any pedals i'm a fag who wants to be like Angus young and just do simple plug in and play into the amp.

>clyp.it/545wevge
gg m8

that was beautiful

This is the right answer. Good for you, user.

Does anyone have a link to pic related guitar?

The Telecaster that is

I've never seen a finish like that for a Tele and with a p90

I know it's the best way but I can't really get high gain/fuzz from my Blues Jr but love the amp otherwise.

clyp.it/sscotoyp this sounds like garbage but i just woke up and have no idea what im doing

with the money you would spend on new pedals sell your old amp and keep the pedal money to buy a new amp

How are you unable to see why someone would prefer a thicker neck? Neck shape is an extremely subjective thing while the superstrat cutaway is objectively better for everyone.

probably just a rosewood tele that someone stuck a p90 in you could do it your self.

Experiment with different amps. But don't make the mistake of buying a huge amp for a big sound, especially with valve amps. You will never drive a 60w valve amp enough to get a true overdriven tone out of it. Valves need to be driven to unload their full potential. Buy a decent valve amp with the lowest wattage you can find. Don't think lower wattage means it won't be loud enough, there are 15w valve amps that could be gigged and you'd still be left with head room. I know it might seem like I have a valve up my arse right now but trust me, fuck digital, fuck transistor, a solid state valve amp is the only way to go if you want to hear the truest possible tones of the instrument.

i can't use pedals because my legs don't work

the ideal would by one i control with something other than my foot

Sounds like you need bigger tubes honestly.

when I turn my bassman 100 up to ten/ mix the 2 chanels togeather there is a tearing sound coming from the speakers, the speakers are 400 watts total and its a 100 watt amp so I guess it could be clipping, im not really sure how clipping work, any idea whats up?

Get a Mustang your life will be infinitely better, never been a fan of G&L in terms of a substitute for a Fender, because they're really not, but they're a solid guitar no doubt.

Also i'm trying to go for an overdriven tone, is there no way of doing this without damaging my speakers? or do i have to somehow find some 50W bass 10s?

I'm not saying valve amps sound like shit if they aren't being driven hard, but valves are like diesel engines -they love to be worked, and they produce much better tone the harder you work them. This is pretty common knowledge tbqh family.

I'm just being an ass. I agree for the most part. Obvious exceptions are some high gain amplifiers that are primarily preamp gain.

Buy a fuzz pedal of your choice or a boost, maybe an overdrive, anything that will boost the signal of your guitar and push the tubes harder to make them break up

>based Angus tone
also I find the guys from KISS are pure plug in to the amp and play types too
youtube.com/watch?v=Dg2fRBXhB6Q

but Angus uses a "pedal", user :^)

Quick question, can i plug an electric-acoustic guitar into any kind of amp, or do I need a special amp for acoustics?

ended up being more than 1 minute oh well

clyp.it/avf1cave

Have you ever considered that Ibanez RG that has a Kaoss pad built into it?

My Mastotron is on the way so hopefully that'll give me a lot of options.

Any amp, but acoustic amps are obviously more suited for a straight acoustic sound

What's the cheapest way to get a half decent amp for practice? (besides stealing ofc)

E L E C T R I C C O U N T E R P O I N T

I'm sure there are better guitars out there but I have an Ibanez Artist which I am very fond of.

I've got some of those Ikea mugs

I got a Pignose for $35. Probably my favorite small amp.

Haven't heard of the brand but try it out and try out other guitars for a similar price. Then evaluate what you think is right for you.

that was the idea 8-)

Just wish I had better recording equipment,

Who /Squier/ here?

Soon

Hope you ordered a mastery bridge too

Top tier colour famalam.

Wishing the Squier Teles came in Sonic or Daphne Blue too.

I can always do that later when I'm more flush

I'm looking at some YouTube videos of it and I'm considering buying one too. It looks great, is built to last and has a pretty cool sound. For that price, I think it's worth it.

Vox do a mini practice amp that runs on either mains or battery for not much money and it is hands down the best practice amp I've ever owned. I also have a Laney VC30 212 and an old Peavey Bandit 65 and the Vox is my most used amp.

Roland do the Micro Cube which is a little cheaper but the sound on the Vox is fucking phenomenal for its size.

There's a certain point of thickness after which you lose much more control over your fingers when anchoring your thumb on the back of the neck, I'm not saying every neck should be paper thin but thick necks are horrible and un-ergonomic

>the speakers are 400 watts total and its a 100 watt amp so I guess it could be clipping
that's not how it works

just put on new strings and wiped down the fretboard. feels good tbqh

do you have the tweed blues jr?

Cheap SS combo (Vox Pathfinder 15, Fender Frontman 15/25, old Laneys and Peaveys) into a homemade cabinet - 2x10, 1x12, 2x8, etc. If you're DIY as fuck, you can convert the combo you're running into a (very portable) head.

Nope, plain black MIA original model front the 90s/early 2000s.

Has anyone here got Rocksmith 2014 working without the cable?

I'm trying to use my usb audio interface but every time even with no cable patches it's saying cable not detected

nice m8. i dont have the money for either but the tweed sounded nice on a youtube comparison