Hey Sup Forums. Do you think you can help a brother out?

Hey Sup Forums. Do you think you can help a brother out?
I have been wanting to get that Idioteque drum/rhythm sound for my band for quite some time now, and I am thinking of buying a sequencer or drum machine. The problem is that I am a piss poor student, and my max budget would be around 150-170$. Are there any good sequencers out there in this price range? Must be able to use it live.
Thank you very much in advance!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gnaaO_hCXfo
samples.kb6.de/downloads.php
youtube.com/watch?v=PItmtOKhH8E
soundcloud.com/martinbark/intro
soundcloud.com/martinbark/sample-1-to-distortion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumping like three times with pics of thom yorke looking ugly as fuck

2. bump

another time then friends

just download drum machine samples, retard

that new akai line (rhythm wolf, timbre wolf, and tomcat) are widely considered to be a total joke

either just use a DAW or spend more money on something decent

there's no point in wasting your money just because you have little of it

good for a laugh:
youtube.com/watch?v=gnaaO_hCXfo

samples.kb6.de/downloads.php

also save for a roland tr-8 or buy an old second hand drum machine, don't waste your money on that akai shit

this

I own a Rhythm Wolf

its a piece of shit

get one of the volca machines

>not posting any of the edits

youtube.com/watch?v=PItmtOKhH8E

>Are there any good sequencers

first learn what you're talking about

next, fuck the drum machines and learn to use a daw so you can just sample the drum hits.

imo it's not worth buying a drum machine unless you know that you love that specific sound and you can actually afford a really good one.

>teenage engineering po-12
this thing is surprisingly deep for being 60 dollars
by the same firm that made the op-1

not all drum machines come with sequencers, ya dumb dickhead

>OP: I am thinking of buying a sequencer or drum machine.

didn't sound like he knew m8

technically that's a drum rack/module ;^)

I agree, volca sample is cheap and has so much potential.

I wiped all the preset samples it came with and loaded a bunch of 606, 808, and other vintage drum machine samples.

Not to self promote or anything, but this song uses my volca sample for the drums. soundcloud.com/martinbark/intro

Should I go for the Sample or the Beat?

sample definitly, far better over all drum machine

thanks, almost bought it actually, but then I thought of maybe buying a more dedicated drum machine, if you catch my drift.
also, nice track friend!

volca sample is amaing once you get the right samples and make it sound unique

like check this other track out of mine, literally just the volca sample going into my boss distortion pedal, playing this song live is fuckin amazing

soundcloud.com/martinbark/sample-1-to-distortion

yo, thats like the exact sound I'm looking for, awesome
Is there a steep learning curve to the volca? Or rather, does it take hours upon hours to get the right samples and shit?
Anyway, I think you just convinced me to get the Volca sample, thank you!

nah just look up packs for vintage drum machines u can download for free online, or get drum breaks from youtube vids / online.

best way to learn is just play on it, didnt take that long for me

also check out the free volca sample loader for computers someone made online, thats how yuo load smaples in.

anyways good luck

Thanks my dude. I'm thinking of just taping it to my guitar or something when playing live, gon be good.

OP here, going to bed now, thanks for all the great input guys. I appreciate it. Really. Thanks!

motherfucking genius composition. that shit goes hard

I have a rhythm wolf and it's very limited but if you literally just need something to make thumps and clunks that sound vaguely like drums then it's fine