/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Dead Sara finally getting an 8.3 BNM?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins? [taking the Big Apple’s publications by storm]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired, metal albums still won't get BNM, everyone still won't care]
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp? [retired, will probably still get asked to show feet]
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 28
Nights since last BNM: 0

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Blood Orange drops his album early
-Pitchfork lists the top rap mixtapes of the 2000s pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/9908-the-50-best-rap-mixtapes-of-the-millennium/
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Bat for Lashes, BadBadNotGood, and The Avalanches.
-/p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sov9nEjIjXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Wildflower!

wildflower is just "okay" desu

Won't get an Avalanches review till tomorrow probably, which is too bad because they hype is killing me. If they gave Colours BNT there's no way they won't love the rest of the album. Expecting an 8.9.

Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM

They hardly ever review an album a week in advance though. I bet it'll be another week.

>The Avalanches
literally who?

What's Zoe doing right this very moment?

Lurking :^)

is there any possibly good albums even on the horizon? I don't think I'm excited for anything announced for the next few months

Fuck off, Zoe

Don't scare her off

was Zoe fired or did she quit or what?

i'm hyped for the new Chromatics album

release date unknown though. some reports had it coming out back in February. wonder what the hold up is, or they just changed their mind?

she left after p4k shill showed up at the p4k office to ask zoe if he could lick her soles

i don't blame him desu

Now everyone knows
Thanks

zoe-posting ruined these threads

xD

This thread stands with Michael Gira, Freddie Gibbs, Afrika Bambaataa, Heathcliff Berru, Leslie Rasmussen, Gustavo Guerra & Dr. Luke -- and rejects the rape culture hysteria of Meagan Garvey, Amber Coffman, Bethany Cosentino, Larkin Grimm, Ke$ha, et al.

What are you guys listening to tonight?

still a virgin?

They gave Drake 2 BNT's but he got a low ass score

>I'll gladly becoma a bystander to the lunacy of clickbait feminism in hopes of maybe receiving some pity sex from a 5/10 tumblrite with hairy armpits in the future
sad!

youtube.com/watch?v=sov9nEjIjXA

my first and hopefully last ever listen of Wildflower
if this wet bullshit gets a higher score than The Glowing Man I'm going to turn into this guy

I have had all 9 volumes of desert sessions in my backlog for a while. Finally listening to them.

Same, I really struggled to get through it. Found it to be super bland. It'll get a 8.7 tho.

they are a popular electroswing band.

>> lunacy clickbait feminism pity sex tumblrite hairy armpits

id rethink where the hysteria is coming from.

Metal AOTY

So an 8.2 on pitchfork?

>Day 389
>Rare Zoe motherlode is still private
jdimsa

Wildflower 9.3

Tonight is deadline night! Whatever albums on this chart are not reviewed by Pitchfork by 1 AM eastern time tonight will be marked "BITCHFORK".

Who's getting it tonight?

gay

Yes you are

& fucking proud. Go get some shitty blowjob from a girl who has no idea what she's doing and fall asleep crying.

i have never had a "bad" orgasm. i've enjoyed every one. i don't think they exist.

Nobody said anything about an orgasm. That just proves how shitty every blowjob you've ever gotten is.

that new blood orange is the best thing i've ever heard. if you could distill all the best parts from those white indie bnm's and make them into one super patrician record, dev hynes' latest masterpiece would still be a 100x better.

It's so fucking bland though

What were you even implying?

quads of truth. freddie gibbs innocent. free michael gira.

what if you have to pee? sometimes when i wake up with morning wood and i jack it, the o feels weird bc i haven't pissed yet.

couldn't have been b8-ier. i don't like it either.

We're more or less at the halfway point of the year.
What is your AOTYSF?
What do you think is p4k's AOTYSF?

The new Blood Orange dropped and they reviewed 2 days later.

mine is radiopleb. p4k's is probably anohni. several of their writers slobbered all over it on twitter.

i know everyone is talking about the avalanches record but i've had Best of You off this new Blood Orange record on repeat all day. This shit is a jam.

>best of you

Best to You*

suck a dick

I heard it's Apple Music exclusive as of July 1, and they reviewed Chance when it still had exclusivity, not when it got a wide release. So who knows?

Yeah but those two tracks were definitely the best ones on that album and were admittedly strong singles. Wildflower is much more consistent and the songs they gave BNT to were actually much worse than the best tracks on the album.

>What is your AOTYSF?
pic related, but I'm way behind for 2016; I've only listened to ~50 albums/eps/mixtapes from this year

>What do you think is p4k's AOTYSF?
either Hopelessness or Freetown Sound

I fear that they'll give it to Kanye despite TLoP being pretty unfocused.
Wouldn't surprise me if Radiohead gets AOTY. Especially since rap has gotten it two years in a row so indie should have a decent shot.

Mine is Human Performance by Parquet Courts

I think p4k's, so far, is going to be Radiohead. However, I think something else will be released this year to take that title.

This is fucking great.

Mine's Blackstar or AMSP, but this is worth mentioning.

No it ain't

Why are you OK with listening to that?

is this a """"super group"""""?

Yep. Iggy, QOTSA, and Arctic Monkeys

No it's Iggy Pop, posing with his """""""""backing band"""""""""

If it were a supergroup, it would have a new name, like The Iggyots or something.

HAVE YOU MET ME???????

This thread stands with Zoe Camp and Zoe Camp alone.

ZOE CAMP ALONE

i'd like to, "lay" with zoe camp instead.
IF you know what I mean

Listening to the new Avalanches, they could honestly just fart into mics and I'd give that shit a 10/10

>AOTYSF
Either Kendrick's UU or probably this new Avalanches desu

>p4k's AOTYSF
I'd say AMSP, unless something happens that makes Kanye seem more relevant, like him putting out another album

Knock it off, you fucks!

>What is your AOTYSF?
Deakin - Sleep Cycle
>What do you think is p4k's AOTYSF?
Chance for sure, really curious to see what they give Wildflower though

James Ferraro eternally BTFO, jesus christ

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Future / DJ Esco 6.8 by Israel Daramola
James Ferraro 5.0 by Mehan Jayasuriya
Puro Instinct 6.4 by Ian Cohen
David Toop 7.5 by Philip Sherburne

FERRARI BTFO 5.0

deakin or anohni

YOU'VE RETURNED

>James Ferraro’s latest album feels a bit like a didactic student art project

will he ever make music again?

I would love to make sex with the ladies on the cover of the puro instinct album

Yah man, work + Overwatch, means Ive been very busy

lmao

What do you expect? Mehan Jayasuriya was probably one of the people who bought a tape from James.

AOTYSF: Malibu or new Avalanches

P4k AOTYSF: Coloring Book or AMSP

Photoshop is a hell of a tool

>Human Story 3, on the other hand, puts too fine a point on its critique. Its constant barrage of verbal rubbish makes the record feel something like a less artful, album-length version of Radiohead’s “Fitter Happier”.
omg
>james ferraro is less artful than radiohead
montie must be pissing his pants

>Human Story 3, on the other hand, puts too fine a point on its critique. Its constant barrage of verbal rubbish makes the record feel something like a less artful, album-length version of Radiohead’s “Fitter Happier”.

pretty much (god i loathe ok computer).

Well I'm just glad to see some of the familiar faces

Human Story 3 5.0 lmaooo

4/14, 29% F

NEXT WEEK: I manage to have my shit together for a whole week! PLUS: blink-182? Bat for Lashes? Maxwell?

Man new Avalanches is a whole new level this year
Totally lived up to the hype
Im still getting goosebumps.

>Bat for Lashes? Maxwell?
these will definitely get reviewed

lol

it's really cute how much trip fags love each other.
only gcg is left now.

is it like a, "we get bullied on here all the time so we have to stick together" kind of thing?

Im fapping already I dont give a shit

I'd add Metronomy and The Avalanches for next week's

Or I'm just glad to see someone I know

I really do miss Good Content Guy.

What happened to him?

he either grew disillusioned with what these threads turned into, he went insane from photoshopping, he went insane from college work, he grew up and moved past pitchfork/Sup Forums, he fell down a well.

I mean he did post in last week's classic review thread so I'd assume he's been busy