nme.com/reviews/arctic-monkeys/14752#lvhS8jXVTV73uF5W.99
twitter.com/emilyrosemackay?lang=en-gb
nme.com/reviews/artistKeyname/1392
nme.com/reviews/blink-182/16510
nme.com/reviews/red-hot-chili-peppers/16498
mega.nz/#!cMBxXD5D!0-ce-a_aZPRq_t0Qc5U5E6WSToSA80sLyW7Zkw8q3NM
nme.com/reviews/fleet-foxes/12024
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>It’s 16 years since the Avalanches’ era-defining ‘Since I Left You’. How can a follow-up that took so long sound so meh?

Journalism in the 21st century, everyone.

>nme
who cares?

>Mmm yes I must say Frankie Sinatra is indubitably one of the most sublime works of plunderphonic sound I have ever heard. What's that Madame? Electro swing? Heavens, no! That is the dirge of the lowly troglodyte. It is far from the purview of the masterful composers collectively known as the Avalanches.

Did they actually fucking write that? That sounds so shit how would they even get that job

Please don't tell me they said that

>Did they actually fucking write that?
yes
nme.com/reviews/the-avalanches/16513

It's because they arent british. Non-british acts almost always get panned.

NME thinks AM is the new Kid A.

Their opinion will never be relevant.

edgy clickbait

This.

lol

Must be pretty good then.

>Or maybe it’s the relentless-to-the-point-of-inane focus on sunshine and good times.

You just know the twat who wrote this gushes over The Beach Boys

Reminder

i wanna hurt the person who wrote that review

Honesty, who cares

I honestly didn't mind AM (at least not when it was released, i haven't revisited it) and those words still physically pain me.

>Smart, randy and touched by genius, the Sheffield band’s fifth album is an absolute triumph from start to finish. And the best part? They’re just getting started...
Read more at nme.com/reviews/arctic-monkeys/14752#lvhS8jXVTV73uF5W.99

holy lol

twitter.com/emilyrosemackay?lang=en-gb

there you go.

>a female likes Artic Monkeys
what a surprise

Same, it was an enjoyable record

But compare that review to this and you realise NME are the worst critics alive

oh nvm, i thought you were talking about the artic monkeys review

Yeah, NME can fuck off. Look at this awful review of Stereolab's 'Cobra and Phases' nme.com/reviews/artistKeyname/1392

jesus christ

>Well, you have to admit they're good at what they do. But then so was Hitler.
fucking kill everyone who writes for this site

ITT:Kissless virgins get butthurt nobody likes this shitty version of gorillaz

>calls Frontier Psychiatrist "punchable" (?)
>praises Danny Brown for adding much needed "depth" to Frankie Sinatra
>"baby mama wanna suck the dong up at the concert"

I mean, I understand (but disagree with) people's complaints about Frontier Psychiatrist sticking out like a sore thumb on SILY, but...I can't even fathom being this wrong.

You'll need to be less obvious if you want your bait to be effective.

Don't they say something about AM being post-genre or something. Also they are definitely an indie rock band they're going on as if they're Godspeed

I'm gonna be sick

>tfw they worked so hard on it and it's great but they'll end up being panned because they're white males

lol its incredible tho

nme.com/reviews/blink-182/16510

The new blink-182 album is better than wildflower. You heard it here first.

new RHCP is better than The Avalanches, you heard it here first

nme.com/reviews/red-hot-chili-peppers/16498

Thanks, Brexit.

Jesus christ

They gave AM a perfect score, so in my mind they're completely irrelevant in music criticism

NME is right.

Who gives a fuck. I have friends that like some really great bands, but do not care for the The Avalanches. I have friends that do and might not like this album. Everyone has different tastes, and when it comes to a band like The Avalanches or music in general, it's all subjective. I especially don't care what nme (literally who?) cares.

No, NME is wrong. Faggot.

Disliking this album is literally a meme

PROOF THAT NME IS FULL OF SHIT

Fucking hippie

Any mega links out there?

there is literally nothing wrong with these, you faggots should get some taste

fuck this is incredible

yes

BASED MARCEL

THE AVALANCHES BTFO
>3/10

here's your (You), edgelord

>2/5 = 4/10

NME is a fucking joke

mega.nz/#!cMBxXD5D!0-ce-a_aZPRq_t0Qc5U5E6WSToSA80sLyW7Zkw8q3NM

What do you expect from fucking Bongaland? British people are the nigger of europe,everybody knows that..

Why is casualized writing the go to now?
Like don't get me wrong, I write with a conversational tone a lot, but this is like no effort internet discussion, not journalism.

Autechre records are purchased solely by bald men in expensive anoraks who would masturbate to a car alarm if it was re-mixed by a German. This impenetrable curtain of misanthropic noise - released with an accompanying three-track DVD that features a squabble of hopelessly pretentious video "interpretations" - is typical of the menopausal electro-manglers' dogged refusal to bow to convention and produce anything of interest to anyone not either a) bald or b) German. It bleeps. It skronks. It krrraaaanks. But mainly, it blows like a ruddy awful hurricane. Remember, kids; if it sounds like a festering hillock of tune-shy bum-wank, it's because it IS a festering hillock of tune-shy bum-wank. Avoid as you would a bald German.

Wow, the Dj Aaron remix is good

about midway through now, I think it's incredible. Easily top 10 of the year.

NME has always been pretty lackluster in terms of journalism. Not to mention their outright bias towards UK artists.

16 yrs for that shit, it deserves 1/5

Remember the NME review of Fleet Foxes' Helplessness Blues that made the author go into hiding for a bit due to the negative feedback? nme.com/reviews/fleet-foxes/12024

ahahahahahaha

NME are so ridiculously biased towards British music even some britfags must be embarassed

>constantly touting some new shit tier British indie rock band as the saviors of rock music
>they think AM is literally the best album of the decade

British rock hasn't been relevant since the late 80s, get over it

embarrassed Britfag here. But then, given the events of this week, NME is the least of our concerns.

He has a point

Because NME is a good rating site with great opinions. Better than Cuckfork for sure.

Also its not a very good album

Radiohead though

cringe 2bh

Lol

Pitchfork: The American NME

They hardly show off their Britishness in their music nowadays.

Well, they did vote Remain.

Not music-related, though.

Unpatriotic Brits have no soul.

The song doesn't even begin with that line, what a fucking pleb.

lmao gr8 b8 m8 made me ir8 i r8 8/8

I grew up with The Avalanches. Since I Left You was one of the first LPs I owned. Not sound like some arrogant hipster or anything, but I bought the record back in 2002 and have been spinning it for over a decade. I've had to have listened to it over 300 times.

It's definitely in my top ten personal favorite albums. We all know why - the creativity, the good vibes, the meticulous attention to detail, the amazing production, the sense of adventure... Since I Left You is just one of those records where everything clicks.

Which is why I was so ecstatic to hear that The Avalanches were (finally) going to release their new project. I didn't want to be spoiled at all; I avoided listening to any of the singles or previews. Since I Left You was such a complete experience, which each song blending seamlessly into the next. I wanted to hear each song within the context of the album, to get the big idea.

So when I heard people talking about how the new record was "electroswing", I initially scoffed. I figured people were just trolling or something. Yet here we are.

Just moments ago I finished listening to Wildflower for the first time and... God damn. I literally don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my life. I'm not even remotely joking. This is the single biggest musical flop to ever affect me.

For the past 14 years I dreamed of what the follow-up to SILY would sound like. I prayed that this day would finally come, but now - now I just wish that I could go back in time and never hear it again.

This is like seeing your 10/10 crush from high school turn out to be fat. This is like finding out that grandpa was a serial rapist.

I'm speechless. I seriously feel like crying. I waited all these years for this? Some half-assed electroswing meme-fest? I just can't believe that these are the same people who made Since I Left You. It has to be impossible. Surely this is a massive practical joke. Please tell me that this is all just a ploy...

Please list the electro-swing tracks, in case you honestly think "hip-hop beat + swing instrumentation = electro-swing".

Do you think it's meh?

:^)

holy shit they're actually right for once

OP

wtf, are you their publicist?

why?

about to listen...

got a bottle of whiskey and like some wine.

what should I expect?

A good album.
No, really.

Finally listen it. One thing to say: the M-word.

Music?

meme?

?

Meh?

MONEY

Meh?

>AM 10/10
>Laughing Stock 5/10

oh my lord, how can this be? is NME satire?

can we please stop acting appalled at the use of 'meh'? what the fuck do you expect? it's done to get clicks because people are fucking dumb and they instantly know what that means. If you want better writing then you need to all get every single person to stop being so stupid. I recommend you start with everyone complaining about this shit.

SILY
>SINCE I LEFT YOU, I FOUND THE WORLD SO NEW
>TWO TIMES YOU DO, UNDERSTAND
>OOH, YEAH, OH, YEAH
>AND I NEED TO BOOK A FLIGHT TONIGHT, AHHH
>THAT BOY NEEDS THERAPY
>I TRIED BUT I JUST CAN'T GET YOU, EVER SINCE THE DAY I LEFT YOU

Wildflower
>AHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA
>YOU RIDE ON THE SUBWAY
>?

What happened?