Ariel Pink Thread

Discuss Ariel Pink and his artistic genius.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVh1rbktYw
instagram.com/p/_OlkoBNVTV/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21792-phases/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

idk what you want to discuss op?
its pretty gud

I used to give Before Today a little shit because it broke away from his lo-fi origins.

But Beverly Kills and Butthouse Blondies are both amazing.

Lipstick is good

Do you guys think Pom Pom is his best work, or his worst work?

It's his magnum opus so far, but it's not my favorite of his.

House Arrest and Worn Copy are my favorites.

Scared Famous is probably his worst.

It being "his best work" is subjective but I personally love it. He takes full advantage of a real studio on Pom Pom, not some one hundred year old tape machine. I can't wait for his next record to see how he follows up.

He has been using more than a thrift store tape machine since before 2011.

I'm conflicted on it. I think it has some of his worst songs but also some of his best. I wish he would remake some of the songs off of like House Arrest and put them on his next album like he did on Before Today.

i don't think it's either

has there been anything on a next album?

I know but Pom Pom feel extremely well-produced. He wasn't playing any games on this one. It's his best produced album to me. Well-written too.

I'm
I don't want him to touch any album with his new recording methods except for Scared Famous, and maybe parts of Underground.

The lo-fi is the charm. I don't want him to redo anything that doesn't need to be redone.

House Arrest is genuinely perfect as it is.

Well like half the album wasn't written by him.

I understand what you mean, in a way.
>Before Today was a serious pop endeavor, showing off to a more mainstream audience what he does, after getting signed to an actual label.
>Mature Themes is him making the album he wants, while still maintaining the expectations he gave from the last.
>Pom Pom is an actual accomplishment, not just an exhibition or a personal pleasure, but an intent to impress, bringing pretty much everyone he's worked with and admires on it (except for John Maus and R. Stevie Moore, neither of whom agree with his direction).

Pretty much

weren't all the drum sounds on House Arrest done with his mouth, or is that a different album?

>neither of whom agree with his direction.
Elaborate. And neither of them contributed to pom pom

so what is his best album?

Best, one of my favourite albums

Thought that was the Doldrums.

>And neither of them contributed to pom pom

That's why I said "except". John Maus has stated many times he prefers Ariel's earlier work to his newer stuff, which has caused a mild rift between them. Moore cares less but prefers lo-fi to the glossier production.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVh1rbktYw
need moar of this tbqh

this

House Arrest or Before Today IMO

Posting this just in case anyone wants to get into his music

He posted this on his instagram a while back but that's it:
instagram.com/p/_OlkoBNVTV/

new ariel pink when????????

nah thats been out m8
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21792-phases/
just a project he produced

I made that version while I was totally out of it, here's a cleaner version