Hey Sup Forums, kind of a strange request, but here goes

Hey Sup Forums, kind of a strange request, but here goes.

At my workplace corporate has created a rule that bans music in the workplace, on the grounds that someone complained that their copyright was being infringed upon or something.

Anyway work is hell in silence, the boss has agreed to play music that is public domain or not under copyright protection. Can Sup Forums recommend the best public domain/free music?

any genre but it's normies and customers we are talking about here.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/lost_children
ascap.com/licensing/licensingfaq.aspx#general
freemusicarchive.org/
old.seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2003815486_royalty01.html
archive.org/details/attentionkmartshoppers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that is possibly the most cancerous thing I've ever heard. just leave

holy fuck the people you work for are actually retarded

it's board related, better than plenty of threads that i've seen

I know, but there is no reasoning with them, I just want to get past the awful silence 8 hours a day every day. If you have anything please help

your boss is fucking insane

either get him to shell out for a commercial radio license or a royalty-free music library

worst comes to worst you listen to swinging london alan hawkshaw and keith mansfield shit all day

archive.org/details/lost_children

also tell your boss to eat a dick

it's not really my boss, she is just ignorant about the whole thing, it's the higher ups that have no sense

thank you for that, hope I can find something

make your own music with fl studio and play that

not skilled enough for that

just play happy birthday on a loop, that's public domain now. eventually everyone will agree to go back to the way it used to be.

Put your soul into it, and sing too. Your coworkers will worship you.

Just make really weird and bad music that people hate. Then tell them you had to make it yourself because of the rule, and that you could listen to better music if the rule was listed

like I said, it's not our doing, nor the bosses doing (she is desperate for a loophole too)

it's the fucking suits

or they could just tell him to shut it off if it's weird and shitty, it's not like they HAVE to put up with it just because it's something

i'm sure they'd get a kick out of it, but i'm an introvert type, not my style to make an ass out of myself, even for cool points

that would take more time than switching jobs so wouldnt be worth it
then no music would be allowed at all

how can people this stupid be capable of operating a computer?
you've obviously never worked a job in your life. If you try to find a loophole in your bosses' rules and be a smartass, you're just gonna make everything harder and shittier for yourself

can you not just wear earbuds?

what kind of business is this? an ascap license wouldn't be too too much.

not on a sales floor

i'm hesitant to offer too much info, I work in sales/customer service

let your higher ups know they'd make up for the expense by increasing productivity and make people shop faster
its basic management. that's why everyone thinks your questions strange, because it's normally a non-issue
im surprised any business would do this

understandable, but if the store is less than 2000 square feet, or more than that but meets certain requirements for amount of loudspeakers, then you are able to play the radio without acquiring a license.

ascap.com/licensing/licensingfaq.aspx#general
the section "What are the exemptions for the reception of radio and television performances in eating and drinking establishments and retail establishments?"

it has already been brought up, there is no negotiation, it's been months since I heard a song at work and can't take it anymore. The customers don't like it either.

in my research it seems royalty free music isn't that interesting though

yeah royalty free music fucking sucks. If the customers don't like it then that doesn't seem to be the best business strategy

Play a heavily distorted version of Mary Had A Little Lamb on repeat the whole day. That'll tech em.

well then they sound like absolute assclowns

you considered getting into classical music?

idk about the legality but this guy sounds right
this is exactly what i'm saying. they're losing profits by being a creepy silent shop that no one wants to go to

fuck off, who invited you

might just be silence then

but you guys are telling me youtube remixes and random bandcamps arn't royalty free?

>fuck off, who invited you
Its an open forum and Ill post whatever I want.

Do you work in a public space? Because your boss is nuts if he thinks that playing some music in your office or whatever is gonna cause somebody to come in and say "LMAO DUDE WE GONNA COPYRIGHT YOUR ASS FOR PLAYING THAT MUSIC OUT LOUD WITHOUT TELLING THE RECORD COMPANY FIRST LOL"

I could do classical just fine, I don't know about the rest of the employees, the customers will probably like it, we serve plenty of older people

and yes, i'm well aware of how stupid it is, corporate has their head in their ass about just about everything.

kill your boss and start a self-governed marxist free zone in your office but also hit up this freemusicarchive.org/

I didn't mean the thread, I meant your job's policy is cancer. The thread is indeed better than most

no the fear is legitimate, ppl have gotten hit by the licensing agencies before

old.seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2003815486_royalty01.html

well post yourself to china, first class, one way
if he plays a distorted version of mary had a little lamb, his boss will stop all music whatsoever and he'll be worse off than he started
you've got to play the game to their rules

I bet theres some classical stuff they'd like
there's a London Underground station (Oval) that plays classical stuff like Vivaldi in their lobby. I find it quite pretentious but it's pretty pleasant, negl.

hey, some of the stuff on here is playable, thank you!

I'll test the waters with classical, i'm basically building the playlist for work (only tech literate one there, they are begging for something that the district manager wont get on our case about)

be wary that the recording itself might be in copyright even if the music was written 300 years ago

I fucking hate copyright law so much.

this is karma for all those gigabytes of Films/music/vidya

archive.org/details/attentionkmartshoppers

This, obviously.

just hook up a drum machine and let it play the same beat all day long