en.wikipedia.org/wiki/László_Polgár
en.lichess.org/ENyPLcYJ
en.lichess.org/vRQGuwl7
chess.com/livechess/game?id=1798306984
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please respond

>tfw losing to the Benoni
somehow that opening always feels like complete cheese

how does it feel to be cucked by he Norwgian?

Tfw too dumb to remember multiple openings

Should I just learn 2-3 openings for black and white and git gud with them? Do you really need to know 10+?

>Should I just learn 2-3 openings for black and white and git gud with them?
yes

>Do you really need to know 10+?
If you want to become very gud then yes, but you can still improve a huge amount without learning a ton about openings.

Oh ok.

Maybe with time I'll learn many. Forcing it now seems futile and a waste of resources better allocated to the learning of other more crucial aspects of the game.

>tfw
Why is bullet so fucking hard to win

Also why is the tactics mode so impossible on lichess wtf just fuck my shit up

Bumpi

looking forward to carlsen vs karjakin desu

also look at me literally destroying this guy on bullet with a whole minute left on the clock
en.lichess.org/kPzDbtca
en.lichess.org/kPzDbtca/black

BUMP

You should've sacrificed on F7 with bishop

He'd be out of position and unsble to castle

Ohwait you're black lol

I choked there because I let go of my queen too fast. Wanted to get the bishop with her.

>some cocksucker in the 2500ds has you at 1-8
>you try to taunt him and play mind games with to no avail

ANYONE CAN BE
A HUSBAND, LOVER
SOONER THEM THAN ME
WHEN THEY DISCOVER
THEIR DOMESTIC BLISS IS SHELTER FROM THEIR FAILINGS

>looking forward to carlsen vs karjakin desu
>mfw it's 15 dollarydoos to stream it

I feel like bullet and superblitz are the only gamemodes with few to no cheaters.

I love long games, but they're almost always filled with cheaters if you play online.

Not at

And lichess has good detection for cheaters btw

B u m p

really?

What the fuck

Check out the site. You can also pay 45 or 99 dollars for more exclusive coverage :^)))))

ru.lichess.org/f7lxhLUF
Lets play!

Oyyyy veyyt

>tfw finally allowed to post in a chess thread

Which one are you

lichess.org/tF0oqF4v

How to solve lads?

3+0

I have some weird despair/phobia with Chess. Its not a matter of losing as so much as it is being a sitting duck will your troops get slaughtered.

Helo???

You've won only by sheer time

too fast for you?

Just not my pose

how much time do you need?

tbf you went full retard a couple of times. Russianon had a huge advantage

7 min shall fine

you mean flubbing the queen? while he had 10 secs remaining :3 ?

en.lichess.org/yrjfYcD8

Rate this position.

I am playing as Black. Do I have a good chance at winning?

you should learn a few that you really like and get GREAT at them.. as in know all the lines, then about 10 or so more you should be comfortable in..knowing a bit of theory but not super expert, there should only be a few openings you avoid entirely.

You need to develop your pieces, white is starting to asphyxiate you.

Good game, mate. I've tried to do smth crazy

no worries, it's practice that makes you better

ok guys, see you later going out, with friends that don't really appreciate chess

Dude honestly so far I've just been playing like 3 openings.

Queen's gambit declined, Hippopotamus defense, Sicilian defense (mostly dragon variation for some reason) and then as white I do Goring gambit or some other shit and just deal with the transpisition where it takes me

lichess.org/urqMzgNs

come play me, no nerds allowd

I know, chess is my little hobby. As some people are playing in the football, another ones are collecting marks, I am playing chess.

good, play long enough and you'll see, it makes you sharper, especially with time limits

come on little boys

don't be frightened

I will, thank you.

That feel when

en.lichess.org/rASU5VOXUC2N

Where did it all go wrong?

P.s.

lichess.org/DvhBi5sD

are you greek?

thread so ded

:(

JUST

en.lichess.org/GxgekGHH4wnT

HOW did i fuck this up?

well, 2.d4 is already a bit of a dubious opening desu nee

But otherwise, 14.Re1 was really a weird move. Why not just move the knight away? The biggest mistake though was 17.Bxf6 since it allowed black to skewer your queen and king, and of course 20.Re7 was just a complete fuckup.

dude it was horrendous

I should've won that I was in such a good position but then i went full retard. How can i work on not going full retard? Sometimes i play bretty good but sometimes...

when the goring actually goes right tho:
en.lichess.org/EERzOEr2

I wish I could help you, but going full retard is my biggest weakness

There are so many instances where I'll just immediatly and mindlessly make a move as soon as it's my move, and then the SECOND I make my move I realize just how bad of a move it was.

>There are so many instances where I'll just immediatly and mindlessly make a move as soon as it's my move, and then the SECOND I make my move I realize just how bad of a move it was

i know that fucking feel bro

I got like 0 board awareness or consideration for what my opponent wants to do sometimes. I've literally checkmated myself so many times or just completely missed obvious forks, etc

nice quads

Also, no matter how much you fuck up, remember it could be worse

youtube.com/watch?v=RtSPhginkNQ

is it possible to be too unintelligent for chess?

Or is everyone capable of 2k rating given enough practice? Is there such a thing as simply being incapable?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/László_Polgár

>is it possible to be too unintelligent for chess?
well, probably, I mean if you're literally a lobotomized drooling vegetable tard then I'd assume there's not much that you could do. But for most of us, I think it's possible if you really invest yourself into it. It's a fuckton of work though, and it requires years and years of determination, but you can get there. I remember back in high school (when I started playing), our coach on the chess team was in his 50's or 60's, and had been playing for most of his life, and he was still studying hard, reading chess books, playing in tournaments, and was still fighting tooth and nail to get his master title (I presume National Master, which means having a local rating of 2200, which I think is something like 2100 FIDE though I'm not sure).

Should i install chessx and check my games with a chess engine and remember how to best play against coomon responses to my openings?

Will the computer understand what I mean by my opening

Seems kind of shit no offense

Maybe he's a slow learner? Pretty sure I've heard most people can get 2k within a year or two of trying hard

>Pretty sure I've heard most people can get 2k within a year or two of trying hard
No, not realistically. The only people who can do this are young children (and even then, I'm not sure if it's anything more than a small minority if young children who can, even under the right circumstances).

A "normal" adult could never pull that off. I'd say if you start in your late teenagehood or early adulthood, you'd probably have to invest a minimum of 5 years if you're naturally very talented and slightly autistic, but most people would have to invest AT LEAST 10 years, and probably more. Of course, it also depends on how intensely you study during that time period.

what makes children so smart?

It's not about smartness, it's more just about having a young brain and therefore being able to develop extremely good spatial awareness and being able to memorize a fuckton about openings and tactics. In fact, children are notorious for being 100% tactics and 0% positional understanding (although there are some exceptions, such as Magnus Carlsen).

what did the fish mean by this?

en.lichess.org/ENyPLcYJ

I fucked up but if I beat the stockfish do I become a master automatically?

He got into a lot of trouble pretty fast

>It is well established that the days of human-computer rivalry are long gone. In a four- or five-game match, even Magnus Carlsen will stand no chance against Houdini or Stockfish running on decent hardware.

What if I become the first man to ever beat the stockfish in a best of 10?

will i be a legend?

>What if I become the first man to ever beat the stockfish in a best of 10?
you won't

I won't with that attitude

But one day I might.

>you said you'd fork out a 5 dollar penalty if i took your queen, gimme

What do

what the

>tfw can't even beat stockfish level 2

en.lichess.org/vRQGuwl7
That fish demolished my pc on the hardest setting like it wasn't even trying

all hail the might fish

lol just played this philipine ladyboy

resigns in 5 moves 2 times in a row wtf

She want the dikk?

bmp

b

lichess is better than chess.com tbqh

top of the evening lads

it's not gonna well fella...

bbb

btfo

chess.com/livechess/game?id=1798306984

b u m ppp

After mercilessly cutting down all my competition, I have finally made it to Class B ranking.

The Class War continues, except now I am facing Class A students.

yo what do u guys think of lichess's study lessons thing?

Seems bretty interesting but i have trouble remembering it all, so many different traps and stuff!

thanks bro!