Your country

>Your country
>Are you a ghoul or goblin?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_and_spirits_in_Maori_culture#Hilltop_and_forest_spirits
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

flag
definitely a goblin

>German
>Laughing

nice bait faggot

Physically a ghoul
Mentally more like goblin

I don't know.

Penanggal. A type of vampire common in South East Asia folklore. It's a flying disembodied woman head with trailing lungs and GIT. They screech and fly at night to hunt for women who just given birth to feed on the blood and amniotic fluids.

Toyol or Jenglot. The spirit possesed bodies of stillbirth babies. Used by criminals as supernatural thieves due to their small size and invisibility. You can only see them by bending down and looking upside down through your legs.

Pocong. The spirit that appears as a jumping dead body in white burial shroud. Mostly harmless as it eats ants but can be scary.

Goblin masterrace

Pontianak. A female spirit that is similar to female vampires. Can appear as beautiful women with sweet scent, who you meet while traveling at night. They drink blood and kill men after seducing them but brave (and desperate) men can tame them by hammering a nail behind their necks. As long as the nail is in place, they become beautiful subservient sex slaves.

>Cuck or manlet
manlet

Hantu tetek/ hantu kopek. Lit. Tits ghoul. A type of female spirit that has huge pendulous breasts. They waylaid travelers at night and force them to breastfeed, after which the travelers become the Hantu tetek's slave.

Hantu galah. Galah means a type of bamboo plant, alluding to the very tall and thin appearance of this spirit. Mainly found deep in the forests, they are mostly harmless, but can scare unwary travelers.

>As long as the nail is in place, they become beautiful subservient sex slaves.
so

what happens in the case of mistaken identity?

Saka. No pic since it is incorporeal, though some can appear as were-tigers. A type of spirit that can be bonded to a human as a supernatural protector or help in business deals, making the owner very rich. However, once bonded, the Saka will only leave the host reluctantly, leading to prolonged suffering for the host on his deathbed. After the host dies, the saka will seek his eldest male heir and tries to bond with him. If the heir rejects it, the saka will possess female family members causing hysteria. They can only be banished with great difficulty by pious people by trapping it in bottles and throwing away the bottle far away.

Interestingly, while I was in NZ, apparently the Maori had a similar spirit also called Saka. This made sense since the Maoris are related to Malays.

There were stories of mistaken identity, usually as jokes. If you study SEA folklore monsters, you will find uncanny similarities among different nations.

man, those tata's are so low

Orang Bunian. These are most similar to Western Elves. They are invisible nature spirits that can appear beautiful males and females. They inhabit huge forest trees, caves, rivers, oceans and mountains. Sometimes, travelers can be abducted or saved by them after which they are taken into another parralel realm. Usually the traveler falls in love with one of them and when the traveler return to the real world, hundreds of years has passed.

Yes. They are supposedly very ugly. Which makes the breast feeding part more grosteque. My grandparents used to tell me about these ghost so that I don't wander off at dusk.

>Interestingly, while I was in NZ, apparently the Maori had a similar spirit also called Saka
Exactly! we called it Maero which is a ghost/spirit that live in forest. We must be respectful to the forest if we go through one. Like if you have to go take a piss while hiking, it is recommended that you ask permission to take a piss or you're penis would get some kind cancer or something like that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_and_spirits_in_Maori_culture#Hilltop_and_forest_spirits

Ok, I have to go for my weekly Tesco shopping. Please post ghosts and folklore from your country. Let's learn something from each other's cultures instead of just dick waving or shitposting. I want to learn about Eastern European ghosts.

More of an orc desu

Wow. We have it too. Usually called Datuk (grandfather). You say out loud "we ask for your leave, Datuk, to enter the forest so that we can hunt and harvest". Then you leave some sort of offering. If you don't do this and you take something from the forest, you will get bad dreams where the spirit of the item cries to be returned.

Regarding the Saka, I saw a program on TVNZ about it after a Maori woman died after a failed Saka exorcism.

ORKS ORKS ORKS