New Worlders, what do you think of the European country that colonized you?

New Worlders, what do you think of the European country that colonized you?

Old Worlders, what do you think of your colonies today?

easter

Britain was awesome until they started taxing things without giving us seats in parliament.

i liek spen

pretty based, god save the queen 2bh

Fuck Spain

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

>Britain was awesome until they started taxing things without giving us seats in parliament
Is this as far as your education goes in explaining the underlying reasons for the war? Because it's not that simple.

>New Worlders, what do you think of the European country that colonized you?
>Old Worlders, what do you think of your colonies today?

But we had no part in any of this?

Our forefathers conquered new worlds and people but we shit post on this god forsaken site.

How can we take credit for their accomplishments?

Considering that we're more white than the countries we came from, bretty good :D

Maritimes + NFL is over 90% white

what I think of the way the colonization went as a whole or what do I think of portuguese people as they are today?

I like Portuguese people but for the most part they weren't really trying to build a new country so they did't do much for Brasil

FUCK YOU SPAIN, FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU, YOU WERE JUST TOO GOOD TO LET BRITAIN CONQUER THE AMERICAS RIGHT? FUCK

They dont matter.

Bizzare Mexican.

Spain is completely irrelevent, their government in the ameicas fell in the 1800s austria hungary fell in 1914, they dont even have home in order.

they don't go deep when you're 10 years old and never revisit it again

Yeah, to pay for the French-Indian war.

Nothing in history is usually that simple, but it's 1 in the morning, and I'm too tired to go into much detail.

spain is nice but i like italy better

Spaniards despise us

We don't hate them but don't admire them either. In our imaginary we have a fetish with the Anglo sphere and maybe France and Britain

And?
Stick to your shithole, spanish opinion doesnt matter.

Irrelevant below mediocre joke of a country that has not accomplished anything worthy in all it's centuries of pathetic existence beyond liberating itself from the Muslim yoke, almost annihilating aboriginal stupidity and degeneracy by introducing them to Christianity and two noteworthy football (soccer) teams.

Truly, like son like father. Nothing less can be expected from the Colombia of Europe.

You were just jelly
Also give the territories back

they are the Africa of Europe, glad we get rid of them

>tfw we successfully repealed the Anglo invasions

>New Worlders
I think you mean "third worlders"

I hate Britain and Britons so fucking much I genuinely hate their guts.

The Byzantine Empire never had a slice of the New World.

I like Portugal, but I wish they were richer and more relevant than they are today.

Hush my pet.

>Is this as far as your education goes in explaining the underlying reasons for the war? Because it's not that simple.

OK, please explain in great detail then.

It's another colonials think that their countries are shit because of a country that had nothing to do with them for the last 200 years episode

>Old Worlders, what do you think of your colonies today?
nice bunch of cunts
except the gambia

pretty sure only england is below 90% and even then just by a couple of percent, the other three are very high

>old worlders, what do you think of your colonies today?
Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, seriously, Québec is the only decent one. Maybe that and the colonies that we still own - French Antilles, French Polynesia, etc. Most of everything else is a fucking shithole.

Australia and New Zealand: Top Lads
Canada: Alright Lads
USA: Naughty Lads
Falklands: Argentine bait
India: The least shitty shithole that has the most shit I can think of.
Egypt: Ehhhhhhhh
Rest of World: Mostly shit.

You got your own problems dude, redpilled argentinians know here it's all fucked because of Buenos Aires and their cuck mentality.

It's not like Brazil tried either after we left.
In retrospect, Brazil buying its independence was alright. You got what you wanted, we lost what would prove to be an anchor later.

south east and east asia's alright

Nah, we are already aware of how shitty our country is (Cough 19% unemployment Cough), I'm just talking about guys like
that believe that if the brits had conquered them in the 18 century their country would be a better place to live, as if their late problems had anything to do with us.

Basically, the colonies had existed for most of their history in a state that historians call 'salutary neglect'. This was basically a time where colonists could ignore a lot of the rules and laws set by the crown in England in exchange for their loyalty to the crown. The colonies mostly governed themselves for more than 100 years and weren't bound by certain trade regulations that hampered other English (and later British) subjects. We had pretty open trade with Spain in the Caribbean, for example.

After the Seven Years war, parliament and the king attempted to clamp down on us and reverse this trend. For people used to self-government, this wasn't acceptable and so we wanted representation in parliament to compensate. Parliament refused and when we went to the king to intervene on our behalf, he refused, permanently souring us on the monarchy.

Portugal deepens in leftism, if a capitalist country would not be in this position.

Brazil same thing, a communist party ruled Brazil for over 12 years and fucked the country. Now came a center-right and pro market and that repairing the country.

Brazil suffered 12 coups after the fall of the monarchy.

if you like Quebec so much take them back

It could have been better...

they were indian and cheap labour for us, that is all

i don't feel anything about them of course they are not my "bros",

ironically in spain we support Donald Trump too

The more influence spain had in x contry the more fucked the x country became

Russian empire and Soviets were great. Nowaday Russia is shit

R A R E
A R E
R E
E

Based country and awesome people*

*except for the autistic ones from Sup Forums

belgium would have been better off without congo and rwanda

So who will be the new Khan?

congo did well under belgian rule though, my grandpa worked there for a while

I'm biased, my family is divided between Portugal and Brazil.

>Most of everything else is a fucking shithole
And they're all living in France today

>congo did well under belgian rule

The independence was a mistake. I think than if we were still a spain colony we'd be at least a develobed country.

>belgian congo
>congo free state

american education everyone

they should have finished the job and removed all indians in the continents, or at the very least the ones from b*livia/p*ru

LOL

>build tons of infrastructure solely for exploiting natural resources
>fail to educate a significant portion of the population
>leave suddenly
>congo goes to shit
>"hurr durr why are africans so shit after everything we did for them"
Europeans - the original dindus

>congo did well under belgian rule

>build tons of infrastructure solely for exploiting natural resources

nice meme

>fail to educate a significant portion of the population

there was plenty of education, the Congo had one of the highest literacy in Africa.

>leave suddenly

more like 'be asked to leave by the populace'

>congo goes to shit

you mean those niggers immediately started a civil war

seespic education

'literacy' != 'knowledge required to run a country'

that wasn´t your original point, the belgian government expected the Congo to become independent in the 80´s or 90´s but America-chan insisted all colonies become independent cuz muh freedumbz

>we were going to release it eventually guys, I swear!
>it's all america's fault that the congo is fucked up!

>we were going to release it eventually guys, I swear!

literally stated in the policy papers of the ministry for the colonies, you can look them up in the archives

>it's all america's fault that the congo is fucked up!

that's why the CIA invited Lumumba to Washington

People here still love them, most based empire desu

Pretty worthless because while the British built colonies, the Spanish were only interested in resources and had it not been for the Jesuit orders this continent would be even more of a shithole. I'm glad I don't have a single drop of Spaniard blood.

Considering whom was able to colonize South America; Portugal Empire was better a option. Of course, muh slavery, muh exploration, muh killing autochthonous.

Yet we have chosen Portugual. Dutch folks tried once to take a slice of Brazil, but they got their asses kicked back where they came from.

I'm from the United States and on holiday in India. Ironically, my answer would be the same regardless of which country I was actually from.

Overall, I tend not to think much of the UK. It's a great country with a strong economy and a lot of history. I spent a couple of weeks between Edinburgh, Glasgow, and London in 2014. While I didn't really like the English as a people and found them somewhat reserved and stand-offish, I did love how much history there was all around the capital. Seeing the colonial monuments and testaments to the former British Empire around Buckingham Palace was amazing. Having traveled by that point to a handful of Commonwealth countries, it was hard for me to believe that so much of the world was once under the Crown.

Crazy how they've lost so much land, power, and influence, but have still managed to remain strong well into the twenty-first century.

Aside from a bit of respect for their accomplishments - as well as disappointment at the extent to which they oppressed the inhabitants of some of their colonies - I don't expend a whole lot of mental energy wondering about the UK.

Is shit

delete that disgusting shit

You're welcome :^)

The spanish came here really late (1724) so we really can't blame them for our issues.

Spain is shit. We are proud Nova Terronia

I think our people have done a good in america

All white nations must be united under one flag

Those rubber plantations were excellent for their health and wellness tbqf

So just the yellow right?

I respect the history of both England and France, but unfortunately those countries have fallen too far.

He said white, not light hair.

you think Spain would have let you develop? Even if they would have started to treat you like actual humans in their modern state they would try to save Spain at the cost of Latin Americas resources again

everyone knows that shit turns into gold when britain touches it

maya and inca were actually civilizations, I think if they wouldn't have been enslaved and destroyed they might have done well like for example Japan even China who survived the arrival of Europeans

based Nederbro

Holy shit guys. The king just refused the Thirteen Colony's demand for a seat in parliament. I hear they were pretty serious about that whole "taxation without representation" thing.

What's gonna happen? Surely the Colonies and England can come to some compromise.

It was shit desu. Would rather be colonized by the Brits

>Implying you can be white with dark hair

Free Trade!!!!

Casual reminder.

I really don't care.

PFFF......

Becoming developed by being managed by an incompetent country that cannot administrate itself properly....

Yeah, sure, why not?

The greatest mistake of the portuguese was stop the colonization in Mato Grosso. Damn, I hate bolivarians governments

Better than Sp*in

The spanish got the biggest part with more gold and silver, and even this their colonies suck

Redpill me on bokivar states, they sre all turd world, brazil seems civilized comibg from.portuguese imperial traditions.

>gold and silver
>builds boats and creates food

I like Portugal.

I guess if we were colonized by Spain we would be way worse. Plus we'd speak spanish, ew.