Tourism by country:

Tourism by country:

Russia 32,4M, Netherlands 13,9M, Lithuania 2,1M... Belarus 137K

(data.worldbank.org/indicator/ST.INT.ARVL?end=2014&start=2014&year_high_desc=true)

Why does no one visit Belarus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywp0WhZH1dg
belarus.by/en/travel/belarus-life/sightseeing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Belarus seems comfy desu, dunno why no one visits it.

>mean while 8 millions tourism arrivals Vietnam each year.

Vietnam is one of those countries people go to when they start their travels around the world.

I read something about too complicated to obtain visa and uninteresting attractions. Well, at least it is not Moldova.

>137K
I think they don't count Russian tourists since we don't have any border control with Belarus.

>Why does no one visit Belarus?
potato dictatorship image and lack of advertising

Because the visa application is about double the amount of paperwork, as my Russian visa was.

I was so close to Belarus when I was in Vilnius. Met some people from Minsk and their English was excellent.
It sounds ignorant, but is visiting Minsk alone as an American a wise thing to do?

Strict visa policy.

>tfw visa free unlimited access to comfy Belarus

Isn't Belarus just a compact Russia on commie steroids?

A Belarusian had told me that travel from Moscow to Minsk is considered domestic travel, is that true?

Yes, for Russian citizens. We also can spend unlimited amount of time there.

It's visa free and doesn't have any border control so pretty much like domestic travel. Imagine visiting Brussels, would it be a domestic travel to you?

Don't you have to go with a Polish or Russian friend?

Is this real?

it was sad watching the IIHF tournament they hosted a couple years ago, basically no fans showed up even though it's right next to russia and latvia and close to finland and sweden.

interdasting question

>I was so close to Belarus when I was in Vilnius. Met some people from Minsk and their English was excellent.
in Minsk in English you will understand only young people
30+ have almost forgotten English because they do not use it
>It sounds ignorant, but is visiting Minsk alone as an American a wise thing to do?
Visit Belarus alone, if you do not know Russian or Belarusian, this is not a good idea
>Isn't Belarus just a compact Russia on commie steroids?
only in Belarus and Kyrgyzstan still celebrate 7 November as a state holiday (although many do not even know what happened on this day)

>Visit Belarus alone, if you do not know Russian or Belarusian, this is not a good idea
LMAO

>they celebrate October revolution
Made me think.

how many people in your city may at least explain route in English

Guise, why would you want to visit this depressive country ? There is no good internet for travellers and no intertaiment. Visit Moscow or St.perersburg. Don't go to Minsk, theres nothing to do. No night life, no places to go chill. Even girls are somewhat ugly compared to other east europe. Pls do yourself a favour - avoid.

>this is not a good idea
My broken Russian is about equal to level of English people spoke around the town.

I've read that it's literally a country with 0 tourist attractions, everything is broken and no picturesque buildings. It's poor. That's Moldova for you.

let me spik from my hart

>Why would you want to visit this depressive country?

Because anyone can go to Germany or France. I like the places where nobody goes. The forbidden feeling is attractive.

Moldova does have some decent wine though.

To be honest, there is absolutely no reason to even visit Russia.
God gave you beautiful Europe and you want to go and seek a jewel in a fucking shitter. Srsly, not worth it.

can't i just speak polish and you will understand me?

O KURWA! JA PERDOLE!

SUKA BLYAT

M8. Russia is similar to the USA with natural beauty. A big country with a lot to see, just shitty infrastructure outside of Saint Petersburg and Moscow.

youtube.com/watch?v=ywp0WhZH1dg

food tourists doesn't count

why do you send me our bydło?

Because cs:go really helps with understanding spoken Polish and Russian. At least for me.

More like cheap booze and hotels for a weekend tourists.

it's hard to make a visa and it's more expensive compared to the other yurop countries
also there was an article telling what's written about belarus in tourist guides on the net for different countries and the warnings weren't promising(filled with stereotypical shit like don't go on the street at night or you'll get bitten, belarus is not safe etc)

No way it's more expensive than Russia and specifically St.Petersburg.
Oh wait, you said yurop countries, my bad.

Why would anyone want to visit this fucking Belarus

It's a comfy place.

but if you are say a western european, you know by default there's a shitload of things to see in russia you are ready to pay for
on the other hand nobody would want to go to a country they know nothing about for an expensive visa and difficulties with getting it

The visa is more simple to get than the Russian one, can be done with minimal effort through a travel agent. Cost was about 70EUR but hotels are fucking ludicrously overpriced and 80s tier in pretty much every way.

Minsk is kind of boring though, restaurants are pretty crappy too. Some bydlos on the metro took issue with how I looked but otherwise the place was fine in terms of safety sense.

Who did you look?

*How

Will I get stabbed for coming? I'm Iranian and clearly non-white/dark skinned.

40% yes

It's a nice place to visit.

Like lithuania or smth

You too. Is Russia safe?

no

Are people friendly? I can't imagine going and not talking to anybody.

Belarus is a beautiful place good thing that they like us and give us the visa nearly for free

>stabbed
It's not Finland after all. You'll be beaten up to death.
Don't worry, there are thousands if not millions of non-whites.

>Are people friendly?
yes
>I can't imagine going and not talking to anybody.
many people just do not know English, is the only reason

i want to go to belarus

нaхep кoмy-либo в бyльбaшию гoнять

Зa cигapeтaми, вecтимo.

ты пoпизди eщe тyт

>don't go on the street at night or you'll get bitten

Because getting a Russian visa takes as much effort and money and Russia has much more to offer.

Is getting a Belarus visa hard for a Lithuanian?

you must pay 3 (three) potatos

Yes, it is.

>going to visit a country for the """night life"""

ayy lmao

As hard as for a Russian to get a Schengen visa. Same goes for getting a Russian visa as a Lithuanian.

t.have been to Russia

Schengen isn't that hard.

RU/BY visas aren't that hard either if you're determined and got the money. It's just a lot of effort compared to having no borders at all in Schengen.

100% european

I don't need visa so I plan to visit Belarus sometime. Where do you guys suggest me to visit? (I know Russian in basic level not to die.)

What do you mean ?

I mean you have look like 100% European citizen

>Where do you guys suggest me to visit?
belarus.by/en/travel/belarus-life/sightseeing

I wanna go to Minsk. Is it true that it's super densely populated (more so than Russian cities even)?

>Is it true that it's super densely populated (more so than Russian cities even)?
no

BELAVIA

E

>don't go on the street at night or you'll get bitten

B

R

i have friends who are going to belarus precisely because no one is going there
i told them to take pictures of tractors

what to do in belarus?

is a legit question
what are the things to see and do?

>what are the things to see

so there is like a castle and some old churches. thats like every european country, even albania. give me one compelling reason to visit belarus, like
>grils are all blonde godesses and they love serbian cock
>you can party in brest castle for days
or sotmething of the like

This desu. I wanted something specific can't be found in tourist sites.

And legalized gambling.

Warum hat der so einen fiesen Schnäuzer?

literally nobody likes serbian cock

>who is severina vuckovic
stay buttblasted mehmet kelmendi

these cocks they like much more than your, desu
but you can always take a trip to U*raine

>so there is like a castle and some old churches. thats like every european country, even albania. give me one compelling reason to visit belarus, like
>you can party in brest castle for days
fucking normies out

Belarus being good is a Belaruse

return to /r9k/ or Sup Forums
this is a certified /normal/ board

we would all vote for hillary given the chance