On a scale from 1 to UK, how cucked does traffic get in your country when the first snow hits?

On a scale from 1 to UK, how cucked does traffic get in your country when the first snow hits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IxlvxvG8zOE
youtube.com/watch?v=gVTUHkFO95M
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2294334/Who-needs-gritters-youve-got-tanks-Hungary-deploys-military-hardware-free-snowbound-motorists.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If snow falls we literally stop driving. Some people have to stay in hotels. We have zero preparation for snow and ice.

It rarely snows. Maybe one day every other year.

Snow doesn't hit were I live.
But the first heavy rains usually fuck up the place.

2/10
Roads get cleared quickly but sometimes there isn't enough salt on the road.

Obligatory

>live in part of the country that almost never gets snow
>if we do there is a salt mine literally ten miles away
>every road is heavily gritted whenever the temperature drops below five degrees

>commute around 100 km by train
>my stretch always shuts down despite being the more heavily trafficked one in the country
>"there are trees at risk of falling on the wires"

preemptive work literally doesn't exist in their world

>live in London
>it snows on a weekday when you're in the city
>fully-grown adults acting like excited children everywhere

probably UK/10
A couple of inches can shut this country down, bizarre really

An inch of snow makes the country go full retard, thankfully we rarely get more than a few days of snow each year.

I noticed that when it rains here your roads feel like they have ice on them. Why don't you guys fix this?

Londoners never got snow in their home country.

We go in complete lockdown as soon as the first snow flake is spotted. The following days it gets back to normal, with just a bit more traffic jams. We ain't got time to stop and our infrastructure is second to none, so we manage to continue to work even without experience in the snow.

get snow every year

and every year people magically forget how to drive

every year snow fucks us and every year the media complain about the government not doing anything about the snow and every year the government promises to be prepared next year

in eastern poland its worse

In the big cities its generally ok. In the mountains its "medicine and food has to be flown in by helicopter, army evacuating pregnant women with tracked vehicles" situation.

>in eastern poland its worse

>Be at uni in t'north
>It snows
>African students lose their shit and play in the snow for the first time in their lives

It was cute desu

no seriously most of eastern poland has shitty commie era roads and almost no railways to compensate

if we could domesticate bears and just ride them everywhere it would be very practical

there's always a bunch of idiots on summer tires gotten into accidents and long queues in tire shops about a day before and after the day

but other than that its not much different

Winter tyres are for gomoseks

UK

>live in London

we can drive when snow (and big snow and ice) easily

0/10
Even in remote mountainroads where the snow doesnt get cleared people just have chains with them to put on their wheels

Here lots of idiots on winter tyres crash, because they have grip like normal with their winter tyres on snow. Lots of people use summer tyres or all weathers all year long, most of them stay pretty safe because they know grip is very limited

Almost 10xUK/10

youtube.com/watch?v=IxlvxvG8zOE

it is actually very funny to drive when snow\ice
slide in turns like rally professional

all you need is just to feel your car

some1 please post random russian car crash compilation

not that fast:DD

Well, we have a different definition of 'normal' over here

Is driving from A to B without being near or in an accident normal?

what's the cutoff point for winter tires? do say hungarians or germans use them? how do big countries with diverse climates like usa/china/russia handle it?

>army impregnating women
ftfy

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't

Yes for the majority but always be prepared to see some crashed idiots blocking the road

>mfw the subway was cucked even before it started snowing

It's like christmas decorations, earlier every year

They are trying to make them mandatory here.

Winter tires are pretty much mandatory here (not by law but by common sense). When this year there was an unexpected snowfall in early october, I almost crashed twice in a relatively short trip because my summer tires didn't grip the road whatsoever.

Low-speed running

0/10

Inside of ring road 3 (Civilization) winter always surprises the drivers.

youtube.com/watch?v=gVTUHkFO95M

>(not by law but by common sense)
from experience I know this isn't enough in post commie countries

True dat

our problem is foreign truck drivers who still drive on summer tyres when they're gonna deliver in Norway during winter

they always cause some problems

I'd say we're notorious for this bc we actually get snow just infrequently enough to be dumbarses about it. Everyone else who'd also be a dumbarse probably diesn't get enough snow regularly for stereotypes to build.

With that said we fucking suck at snow

>6th of November
>still hasn't snowed here
>roads are just a slippery icy mess without snow

It never snows, so...

I live in Minnesota, so not at all.

People take it over the top for no reason here 2bh you'd think the world was ending

Im on them all year round come at me brah

>snow

>30 cm in the north
Yeeeeee let's play with snow

>Rome with 5 cm
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH CLOSE EVERYTHING! It's impossible to do anything with this snowstorm!

>1 cm in the south
What is this strange thing? It's dangerous? Sure it's not the ashes of Etna?

>On a scale from 1 to UK
Lul.

It's amazing how much this country shuts down at the sight of a single snowflake.

Basically the Madagascar of snow.

Provence here.

We close schools when it's snowing more than 5cm

> dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2294334/Who-needs-gritters-youve-got-tanks-Hungary-deploys-military-hardware-free-snowbound-motorists.html

> be hungarian snow
> get Tank'd

Not really cars. More like public transportation, a complete fucking shutdown where poor people are left to walk to walk or school.

>be leaf
>expected to walk to school in a blizzard
>mfw

2/10. The only real problem is shitty chink drivers that can't drive properly and either crash, or only do 10 because they know they'll crash.

That's not a seasonal thing though, they shit up the roads all year.

You can barely drive when it isn't snowing lmao