So, they're the new enemy?

So, they're the new enemy?

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2044829/us-opposition-aiib-strategic-mistake-says-senior-trump?utm_content=buffer5f944&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
scmp.com/topics/beijing-air-pollution
ibtimes.co.uk/dead-pigs-rivers-blood-shocking-photos-water-pollution-china-1459222
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infanticide_in_China
edition.cnn.com/2016/06/23/asia/china-organ-harvesting/
theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/04/xi-jinping-china-corruption-political-culture/389787/
fairobserver.com/region/asia_pacific/grey-areas-book-banning-and-censorship-in-china-62007/
cnbc.com/2016/05/22/china-pressures-taiwans-president-tsai-ing-wen-to-acknowledge-one-china.html
renewableenergyworld.com/articles/2016/09/reports-point-to-failure-of-china-s-ev-green-power-policies.html
books.google.co.uk/books?id=Co14odUKa20C&pg=PA83&lpg=PA83&dq=#v=onepage&q&f=false
theguardian.com/world/2009/jan/22/china-baby-milk-scandal-death-sentence
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-29321248
dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3399250/Ten-dead-seven-injured-huge-explosion-Chinese-fireworks-factory.html
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-23124345
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352227/Visit-parents--risk-sued-New-Chinese-law-demands-offspring-touch-elderly.html
theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/21/beijings-smog-red-alert-enters-third-day-as-toxic-haze-shrouds-city
theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/22/beijing-raises-red-alert-threshold-for-air-pollution-warning
aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/01/red-alert-life-beijing-smog-160104063026957.html
scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2024483/beijing-pollution-alert-smog-season-sets
nytimes.com/2016/03/31/world/asia/china-air-pollution-beijing-shanghai-guangzhou.html?_r=0
travelandleisure.com/articles/shanghai-pollution-plan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Eastern_China_smog
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-27/london-s-dirty-secret-pollutes-like-beijing-airpocalyse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>new

>new

>recent or otherwise not present at a moment in the past

China is the future

I welcome my new Chinese overlords

Chinks Gooks samething

America is now the enemy of the world.

this

THIS

this, unfortunately

we are gonna take the place of Russians in 20 years in Chinese video games and movies

We are the bad guys now I believe

No, a new overlord. Pax Americana just ended.

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER

Ever watched older Jackie Chan movies?
You've always been

>prosperity
>morality
>order
>cultural preservation
>technology
>family values

Fucking hell, where do I begin.

Is it prosperous, that the main cities of China have regular smog attacks, where people can literally not go outside? Is it prosperous when the rivers run all colours like Captain planet took a shit in your reservoirs?

Is female infanticide moral? Harvesting of organs? Mass corruption of chinese state officials that make the US look positively utopian?

I'm not even going to humor cultural preservation, there's not enough time in the day. Order is fucked too if you have to bully little island nations around you so that they can't properly compete in the olympics.

As for technology, mixed bag. On the one hand, rising computer science and single pieces like the Three gorges dam. On the other, EVERYTHING ELSE. Terrible renewable energy, transportation, plastic rice, poisoned baby food, fireworks factories exploding and choking cities because fuckers don't follow safety regulations etc.

As for family values, let's put it this way. If your government has to forcibly lay down laws for a man and wife to visit both the in laws or face monetary fines, how much do you think the Chinese people actually give a shit?

see

t. Muhammad

Abdul has no chill

t. Paki

This, unironically too.
China has always been an economic super power that has dwarfed any other country though out most of history.
Only in the past 150 years things have gone to shit and stayed shit.
As China continues to develop, with the amount of people and resources at their disposal, other countries simply wont be able to compete economically.

>being this triggered by a meme
>t. Mahmoud Abdullah

Yep, its inevitable

>disliking China makes you a muslim and a paki

Congratulations on your new President, USA.

Also yes, the dutch flag does trigger the brit.

t. Al Rasheed Singh-Amir Khanlifa el Sharwiwi

>enemy

t. Tyrone Estevez

Duterte is playing a dangerous game, baiting America and China against each other. Stay safe user.

They new our new master

t. raj tyrone muhammad

t. Steerus McQueerus, resident of Houston, Texas

Actually, on the contrary:

Sino-US Economic Alliance getting closer with Trump:

scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2044829/us-opposition-aiib-strategic-mistake-says-senior-trump?utm_content=buffer5f944&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

>US opposition to AIIB ‘strategic mistake’, says senior Trump adviser

>In Op-ed letter to the Post, James Woolsey says he hopes new administration would give ‘much warmer’ response to China’s ‘One Road’ initiative

>A top adviser of US president-elect Donald Trump has lashed out at the Obama administration for failing to embrace the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, suggesting a possible policy shift come January.

>In a letter to the Op-ed pages of the South China Morning Post, James Woolsey, a senior adviser to Trump on national security, defence and intelligence, called the current administration’s opposition to the formation of the AIIB “a strategic mistake”. He hoped the Trump response to the “One Road, One Belt” initiative would be “much warmer”. James Woolsey, senior Trump adviser. Photo: Wikipedia
>China launched the blueprint three years ago to promote economic co-operation among a corridor of countries stretching from Southeast Asia to Europe.

>The AIIB was officially launched with 57 countries, including several US allies including Britain, Australia and South Korea, but the US and Japan have stayed away.

Wow, almost nothing you say actually is true.

>So, they're the new enemy?
Europe should pivot to China. USA can keep Russia.

...time to get the citations. Have a variety of sources, I don't want someone accusing me of using too much liberal media.

scmp.com/topics/beijing-air-pollution
ibtimes.co.uk/dead-pigs-rivers-blood-shocking-photos-water-pollution-china-1459222
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infanticide_in_China
edition.cnn.com/2016/06/23/asia/china-organ-harvesting/
theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/04/xi-jinping-china-corruption-political-culture/389787/
fairobserver.com/region/asia_pacific/grey-areas-book-banning-and-censorship-in-china-62007/
cnbc.com/2016/05/22/china-pressures-taiwans-president-tsai-ing-wen-to-acknowledge-one-china.html
renewableenergyworld.com/articles/2016/09/reports-point-to-failure-of-china-s-ev-green-power-policies.html
books.google.co.uk/books?id=Co14odUKa20C&pg=PA83&lpg=PA83&dq=#v=onepage&q&f=false
theguardian.com/world/2009/jan/22/china-baby-milk-scandal-death-sentence
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-29321248
dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3399250/Ten-dead-seven-injured-huge-explosion-Chinese-fireworks-factory.html
bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-23124345
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352227/Visit-parents--risk-sued-New-Chinese-law-demands-offspring-touch-elderly.html

There you go user.

Wow.

Look, I post a picture of a Japanese road crumbling.

I say that all Japanese infrastructure is hence shit.

I'm basically you.

Trump's victory basically see that people like you are on suicide watch now.

>the main cities of China have regular smog attacks, where people can literally not go outside?

1. Beijing isn't the only "main city" in China
2. Only a few times in the last 30 years has smog been so bad people can't go outside.
3. Smog rates are falling dramatically. Down 20% this year.

>new

You forgot to mention their qts

Most important piece of news for Today:

Under Donald Trump, the US will accept China’s rise – as long as it doesn’t challenge the status quo
James Woolsey says while America remains committed to its role as a holder of the balance of power in Asia, it supports China’s legitimate efforts to seek a bigger say on global affairs

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 10 November, 2016, 1:24pm

The United States is still, by far, the leading military force in the world. We are the only country that can project power in volumes sufficient to deter enemies, decide wars and pacify entire regions. Part of the American public exhibits today what could be called “world policeman fatigue”, yet in order to reinforce our allies’ trust in our commitment to security and to reinstate our primacy in the conventional and digital battle spaces, we need to reverse the harmful defence budget cuts signed into law by the Obama administration. We must also redraw our red lines and redefine our vital interests.
History shows that our interventions have not been self-serving but typically emerged in the face of inhumane oppression, stark violations of international law or in response to humanitarian catastrophes. Our so-called interventionism in the wars against Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany or Baathist Iraq is the reason why countries like Kuwait, Australia, France, Poland and even China are sovereign countries today. We may, perhaps, be more scrupulous in our decision-making on where and how we get involved but we will not become isolationist.

The US sees itself as the holder of the balance of power in Asia and is likely to remain determined to protect its allies against Chinese overreach. The experience of the last century teaches us that unchecked expansionism and aggression only invites more bad behaviour. We will not repeat this mistake. China should realise that our reflexes in Asia are not driven by territorial ambitions. We conquered the Philippines, burned Japan and bombed to rubble part of Cambodia, Korea and Vietnam. but we healed our relations with all of those societies and have strong moral responsibilities to them.

We understand China’s desire to reform global institutions that reflects its increasing footprint in the global economy and global security architecture. It takes time to change international institutions but we are seeing that change does come. The recent inclusion of the renminbi in the International Monetary Fund’s basket of reserve currencies is one example. The hosting of the G20 meeting in Hangzhou (杭州) can be viewed as another recognition of China’s leadership role. It is widely accepted in Washington today that the Obama administration’s opposition to the formation of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank was a strategic mistake and I hope that the next administration’s response to the Belt and Road initiative will be much warmer.

Emerging economies like China that benefit much from the global marketplace will have to claim an expanded role in areas like peacekeeping, counterterrorism, humanitarian efforts, disaster relief and anti-piracy. We hear that, as the largest contributor of troops to peacekeeping, China is angling to be put in charge of the UN’s Department of Peacekeeping Operations. This will give China a much bigger say on how to best utilise the UN’s limited resources in the service of peacekeeping. But it also sends an important message that China is much more willing to live up to its size on matters related to peace than in fighting wars. But peacekeeping is easier than peacemaking.

>Our ideological differences should also be better managed. America’s commitment to the spread of freedom is unwavering. Yet, as we improve our understanding of the complexities of the Chinese social and political system, it becomes increasingly apparent that challenging the current system is a risky endeavour. We may not like it but we don’t necessarily have to do something about it. I can therefore see the emergence of a grand bargain in which the US accepts China’s political and social structure and commits not to disrupt it in any way in exchange for China’s commitment not to challenge the status quo in Asia. It may not be a spoken agreement but a tacit understanding that guides the relations in the years to come.

James Woolsey Jnr is a senior adviser of US President-elect Donald Trump on national security, defence and intelligence
This article appeared in the South China Morning Post print edition as:
Bargaining power

^^Most important part in Green:
An US acceptance of the Chinese system and ideology, as well as the legitimacy of rule by the chinese communist party, will create the foundation of a lasting great-power relationship.

That's basically the "New Type of Great Power Relationship" Xi Jinping has always offered the USA.

No, a new friend. Make Silk Road great again.

You are the /k/ poster

Good content desu

>is the reason why countries like Kuwait, Australia, France, Poland and even China are sovereign countries today.
literally "we saved your asses in ww2 youd be speaking german now"

Sup Forums is my home though.

I'm that sinologist who sometimes posts things here.

Yeah, cut him some slack.

This is still a positive development coming from a former CIA director and labeled as a "neo-conservative Democrat" (actually he is a republican).

He is clearly changing the position of Obama/Clinton's pivot to Asia to contain China initiative.

Power sharing is the way to go and I think it should be mutually beneficial to all.

I'm someone who studies modern asian economic development, so I am the other user you sometimes see shitting on the China myths here.

Nice to know, fellow collegue.

>Your point isn't valid because the bad shit happening has only reached simmering in the pan levels, not hit the shit shower bad.

Come the fuck on, my point had nothing to do with Trump.

Also to be fair, Japanese trains do have a plethora of problems on both intra (subway) and intercity levels, and sinkholes are scary as shit.

>ONLY A FEW TIMES

theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/21/beijings-smog-red-alert-enters-third-day-as-toxic-haze-shrouds-city
theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/22/beijing-raises-red-alert-threshold-for-air-pollution-warning
aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/01/red-alert-life-beijing-smog-160104063026957.html
scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2024483/beijing-pollution-alert-smog-season-sets

4 times in that short a period is bullshit, and 30 years is an arbitrary timescale pulled from your ass.

But I believe you wanted confirmation that not only Beijing was run ineptly

nytimes.com/2016/03/31/world/asia/china-air-pollution-beijing-shanghai-guangzhou.html?_r=0
travelandleisure.com/articles/shanghai-pollution-plan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Eastern_China_smog

Also, cherry picking my many criticisms much?

Anytime amigo.

>wahhh you called out my obvious bullshit wahhhhh

I am not going to debate a butthurt autist over 20 issues.
You lied and I proved you wrong. That calls into question the validity of your other claims. There's nothing more to say.

China's worst enemy has always been and will continue to be China itself.

But I didn't lie. My sources are right fucking there, and they back up my arguments. The only possible getaround is that you could assert I exxagerated the impact of smog, which from further reading and sources provided I clearly did not.

These sources (and these arent even academic sources) tell nothing but usual problems of a developmental state.

There are tons of improvements especially in the pollution and clean energy fields, and China's public infrastructure is widely considered in the academia as being top-notch.

citing MSM reports focussing on expected issues of a country in transition will go nowhere.

I suggest you retake the classes next semester.

trolling at 0230 local time.
NEET loser detected.

>not taking the rate of problems over time into account
>dismissing problems simply because they're 3rd world problems happening in a 2nd/1st world country
>dismissing media as a source simply because it wasn't committed from the right viewpoint, because wasn't the Manchuria report so fucking helpful
>dismissing sources that dispute 'tons' of improvements by pointing out they're happening nowhere near fast enough for such a large population
>viewing quality of transportation from aspect of academia rather than first hand accounts, satisfaction, the ability of new players to break into the market and the veritability of those that have stayed

I'm beginning to doubt your credentials, strange person on internet who claims to be an expert on subject.

b-but London is worse than Beijing

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-05-27/london-s-dirty-secret-pollutes-like-beijing-airpocalyse

That sounds nice...

....but I also want to see a Europe-China axis against Putin-Trump in the coming ww3. Mostly because of the aesthetic flags

>not taking the rate of problems over time into account

Not taking rate of problems in relation to population size and socio-economic imbalances of a developmental state in transition into account.

>dismissing problems simply because they're 3rd world problems happening in a 2nd/1st world country

Stop using that "xx world" term. It is misleading. China is a transitional developmental state. 1st/2nd/3rd are cold-war terms and explain political affiliations more than economy. It is just bad and makes you look unscientific as fuck.

>dismissing media as a source simply because it wasn't committed from the right viewpoint, because wasn't the Manchuria report so fucking helpful

Media sources arent helpful, because they commercially oriented. The Western public has proven itself to be a sucker for bad news from China to confirm their world view that makes them feel good about themselves. This is why in no paper you shoud ever cite media reports without validation.

>dismissing sources that dispute 'tons' of improvements by pointing out they're happening nowhere near fast enough for such a large population

They are to be disputed, because improvements in China are always absolute. Meaning, for example; they had no rapid railways before and now they have it. And amongs the world longest at that. This is undisputable. Air quality improvements in many cities is also undisputable. Like pic related.

>viewing quality of transportation from aspect of academia rather than first hand accounts, satisfaction, the ability of new players to break into the market and the veritability of those that have stayed

Again, I question your sources here. First hand accounts and subjective opinions say nothing about the objective improvement of transportation.

>Spent the past couple of centuries getting fucked over the west and Japan
>Deals with and chooses to ignore the outside world
>Only recent conflicts have been over border disputes
>Doesn't mind working its own citizens to death in the name of capitalism
Really, unless you're from China or one of the SARs what is there to dislike? Not to sound like a wumao but America and Russia have done far worse things recently.

Fine, how about we put it this way.

If every single source, apart from those funded, peer reviewed, or back by the Chinese government, say something isn't right, and the Chinese ones say everything is fine is it

a) Sources from individual countries may have positive bias towards said individual countries
or
b) Loomynaughties are lying about china to make the decadent west feel better about itself.

Which is why sources from a wide variety of locations is important, not just the glorious one land.

As for your 'objective' view of problems, progress isn't binary as in "something is being done" or "shit has hit the fan", it's usually somewhere in between, and it's not far along enough.

Furthermore, for criticisms on using xx world, 'the west' is a really fucking vague term when it literally comments on everyone who isn't China. Japan, Europe, USA, India, Korea, thE phillipines and the rest of south east asia can't all be 'the West'. Additionally, while China is in a transitional phase, it's problems belong to a country three phases ago; ignoring aforesaid problems, what country has to blanket ban entire media sources for it's average citizen?

Oh I assure you, I can bash london with the best of them, and I can shoot fish in barrel too.

That is actually a very nice flag.

is Germany chyna's greatest ally?

no. they are the future. stop listening to the CIA*coughChrisChappelcough* propaganda.

I thought pinoys unilaterally hate chIna

true or false?

that's starting to change ever since President Duterte became China's little brown brother.

More like an over-sea chink who escaped from that polluted hole and now praising the place he escaped from, in a Laotian cartoon board

>Oh I assure you, I can bash london with the best of them,

Prove it.
IOW I want to see cool citation list like this

more like a brown pet monkey kek

trump seem to be pro china too according to shills here

we're fucked and cuked big time

>Duterte

red pill me on him, lads

>he thinks modern china is the same as old china

good. I hope they fucking succeed so they stop buying our houses.

All people percieved danger and evacuate from it before road collapsed.
And we already understand the cause.
Your opinion is nonsense.

That pic like our....

shut up, pepsi.

>enemy

more like overlord

that revolution is coming

The road will be restored on the next Monday

zitto animale

kys retard

お前がしねw
こんな事故どこでも一つはある
しかも死人ゼロやぞ

Noone is asking such a thing. Why do you even come here when you just sound like you are reading shit off of a script and can barely understand English?

Sup Forumsなんてふたばのパクり掲示板やろ
ゴミグズが集まるところでそんなこと気にしないわカスww
これブリカスのシンクホールな

>new
Who the fuck like Chinks, not even Russians like them?