This is their best album

This is their best album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yMp-eB7nO9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nobody agrees with you

contrarian for the sake of being contrarian

I don't really understand the hate for this one, especially when HCTI is praised quite often. I find this to be up there with Sung Tongs, Spirit and MPP

I disagree, but it's great though

Their best imo are Campfire Songs and HCTI

lol

What's that matter? You disagree? Use your words user

Imagine being 18 in '99 taking LSD and listening to Spirit in the prime of your youth having a magical experience for months then they drop this album right after it. I like this album but I would be so disappointed after their debut

I remember when I was in my first year of listening to AnCo and thought those two were the best

I'm relaxed...I'm relaxed..

honestly depressed to hear which ones are your favorite

Those are both early AnCo, though. What's your favorite? MPP? Maybe Feels?

You should stop trying to posture yourself and just say which album you think is best

Spirit and Strawberry, of course.

Once I stopped obsessing over AnCo and listened to more music, those two are the only ones that I think of as strong albums they made, relative to what I listen to now.

Sorry you guys got all freaked out for some reason?

It's their most underdeveloped. Not their worst, it's got a more inspired, natural, free atmosphere than Centipede Hz and Painting With, but they weren't at the height of their powers yet when it came to really getting at what they were going for. That came later with Here Comes the Indian and Feels. This album is more of them realizing what they could do as a band and where their strengths lie, and an early attempt of theirs to translate that into a record. You can just hear how much more they could have done with this in retrospect. It's not bad but it's clearly not their best and you know this.

This is the best song in the album
youtube.com/watch?v=yMp-eB7nO9s

LOL

also spirit is not anco

If your favorite Animal Collective album is Spirit, I can pretty much tell what you like about it and what you like about Animal Collective all together based on your second favorite.

damn dude, this is like can or amon duul ii

>spirit is not anco
wtf dude, stop this low quality bait plz

what do you mean by this

neither low quality nor bait, buddy

Spirit and SJ are good yeah, but I don't know why you think that those are the only two good ones. What do you mean by "more music"? You're still posturing, by the way

Spirit is basically an Avey Tare solo album

it means he is superior to you in every way for not only comprehending your views but also being way beyond them

Not him but that's not bait, it's the truth. Spirit takes a fundamentally different approach from anything released under the name of Animal Collective. It was originally going to be an Avey Tare solo release, but he gave Panda Bear credit because he's nice, and then it got lumped in with all the other Animal Collective releases. Animal Collective really began with Danse Manatee. Spirit was written and recorded by Avey Tare almost entirely aside from the drums, and even those where dictated to Panda Bear through beat boxing. Not an attack on Panda, but anyone who knew how to play the drums well could have done what he did. The album is entirely Avey Tare's work.

I'm not saying any of their albums are bad. I don't think I really hate any of them, honestly. Those two are just my favorite.

What do you want me to do...list out every single album I've listened to in the past 3 years

>What do you want me to do...list out every single album I've listened to in the past 3 years

yes pls

No obviously not, I'm just curious of a couple other acts that you like, since you say it directly affected your taste in AnCo's discog

No particular order:

Nine Inch Nails
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
The Flaming Lips
Swans
Modest Mouse
Smashing Pumpkins
Interpol
Radiohead
Primal Scream
Massive Attack
Beach House
My Bloody Valentine
Gorillaz
Panda Bear
Arcade Fire
David Bowie
Bjork
The Knife/Fever Ray
Aphex Twin
Weezer
Grizzly Bear
Talk Talk
Yes
Boards of Canada
The Beach Boys/Brian Wilson
Pink Floyd
Kendrick Lamar
Portishead
Pavement
Tangerine Dream
The Beatles
Have a Nice Life
The Microphones
Burial
Deerhunter/Atlas Sound
King Crimson
Spiritualized
Joy Division
Tame Impala
Death Grips
Talking Heads
Brand New
Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band
Tortoise
Fleet Foxes
Ween
Amon Tobin
Slint
Bear Hands
Kanye West
The Velvet Underground
M83

Is this copy pasted? I think wrote this famalam

No I guess we just sound similar when we write or something.

well we have similar views on stgstv vs anco anyway.

i'd also say this: stgstv is a solo work that avey worked on by himself all the way up until recording. that's a solo album to me. nobody involved in the writing process but avey tare. the album would have been made regardless of whether panda was there to help him or not, and would have ended up pretty marginally different.

that's not Meet The Light Child or Lablakely Dress

Uh that's not what happened at all. The record was released as Avey Tare and Panda Bear, and was later re-released with Danse Manatee as Animal Collective.

It WAS essentially an Avey Tare album but Panda Bear added his own flare with the drumming. It came to be known as an Animal Collective album because Avey and Panda felt it was necessary and silly not to include it. They also weren't intending to release Campfire Songs as Animal Collective, they were just going to be called Campfire Songs. But that also came to be known as an Animal Collective record.

And no, I don't believe the entire album is all of Avey's work considering Deakin recorded it, Panda performed and arranged the drums according to Avey's description. It's Animal Collective. The reason it's called Animal Collective is because if a project contains any 2 or more of the 4 members, they consider it an Animal Collective project. Just like Psycho-Actives Vol 1, it's only Avey and Geo but it's an AnCo project.

Absolute mad man actually did it!

deakin helped on young prayer. that's not animal collective either

Deakin helped produce Down There, is that an Animal Collective record?

no, that would be Sung Tongs
also can anybody here describe what an original CD copy of Danse is like? I heard they have a "silkscreen cover" but I have no clue what that even means.

it's not easy to describe. it's like a rough plastic i guess, and all the designs, the text and the pictures, are raised. you can feel them and even smudge them. the cover is a sleeve for the disc tray, which is a similar material but white

Essplode is Animal Collective's 2nd best song, but this album is pretty eh

Not having heard Centipede Htz yet, here are my personal rankings

SJ>>Feels>DM>ST>CS>MPP>HCTI=PW>>>STG,STV

>he couldn't get past the first track

Almost correct OP. Just a little off, chronologically.

Oh I did, the rest was just extremely boring experimental pop. I was definitely glad the first two tracks were the only physically painful ones.

Why do AnCo fans like that album so much? I honestly don't get it.

It's funny because he calls the other guy entry level

>I was definitely glad the first two tracks were the only physically painful ones.
>ranks danse manatee their third best

lmao I dunno why but that entire album did not hurt my ears for some reason

>Spirits last

I've understood why people think DM is hard to listen to. It's really not.

You put SJ first so you're correct imo

>Seminal Tier
Strawberry Jam
Here Comes The Indian

>Fantastic Tier
Feels
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Fall Be Kind
Spirit They're Gone
Painting With

>Good Tier
Sung Tongs
Water Curses

>Okay TIer
Prospect Hummer
Centipede Hz
Danse Manatee

Centipede Hz will probably be your favorite.

Can't tell if that's an insult or a legitimate prediction from my rankings, but either way, we'll see tomorrow!
Hey nice list/digits
I haven't heard any of the EP's yet, do you think I should?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD COUNTRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>tfw I love everything AnCo made in a different way

>Flawless
Feels
Prospect Hummer
Campfire Songs
>Great
Here Comes the Indian
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
ODDSAC
Sung Tongs
Hollinndagain
People