/prod/ music production

previous thread Use clyp.it for posting work in progress to get opinions/help.

Stuck for inspiration?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblique_Strategies
oblicard.com/

How do I synth?
youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/kv0gxk1v
clyp.it/k2mrxcfy
soundcloud.com/annedrank/henthouse
youtube.com/watch?v=7-_8qZW1CBA
clyp.it/guvwraur
clyp.it/0x3qeubd
www36.zippyshare.com/v/T17mMedO/file.html
clyp.it/wdxgl0ts.
youtu.be/3Z1h2VE0hzs
clyp.it/tcyz1oso
clyp.it/10edik2w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

[2:04 PM] babushka: well i love literature
[2:04 PM] babushka: i just don't think there are that many good bookas
[2:04 PM] babushka: i'm not a huge reader but i've read eonugh of your meme books to be able to be pseudo intellectual just like the rest of you
[2:08 PM] babushka: the bible is a fun read yes
[2:08 PM] babushka: i'm not really a fan of fantasy tho
[2:08 PM] babushka: i like memoirs

fuck off no one cares.

[2:04 PM] babushka: i'm not a huge reader but i've read eonugh of your meme books to be able to be pseudo intellectual just like the rest of you

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR E-DRAMA RETARDATION

Report all of the posts, maybe the mods will wake up.

What do you guys think of the new links in the OP? The Oblique Strategies one I think is really useful.
I forget to tell soundcloud users to piss off though.

Can someone post the Discord?

lookin for feedback on this lil shit, was going for a synthwavey hotline miami vibe but i might have missed the mark on that

clyp.it/kv0gxk1v

mainly looking for ideas on where to take it next or how to structure the rest of the song. i already know the mixing's garbage cause i haven't touched it for the most part

ayy lmao

Nice bit of chiptune.

want some constructive feedback
clyp.it/k2mrxcfy
people in the last thread said it's shitty

Beat feels all kinds of wrong. Well it all does, but fix that first. Feels too swing/skippy.

Just start out making some simple 4/4 trance to get a feel for the DAW.
Also what the fuck DAW is that, a speak and spell?

>Beat feels all kinds of wrong.
I think it supposed to be that way

>Just start out making some simple 4/4 trance to get a feel for the DAW.

lol
This is like listening to a black metal band and thinking they need to make jpop

>This is like listening to a black metal band and thinking they need to make jpop
No, it's like listening to someone unable to create music and telling them to start with baby steps.
When I started playing guitar, first few lessons were all simple nursery rhyme type shit on one string. Because you have to start simple to be able to progress.
Well you obviously need to.
NOT YOU AGAIN. FUCK OFF YOU SPAMMING CUNT, END YOUR LIFE

I mean okay man
did you probably didn't even listen past the intro?
guessing not because you accuse me of not even knowing how to play an instrument
by the way, it's called dissonance.

>did you probably didn't even listen past the intro?
God help me I listened to the whole terrible thing.
>by the way, it's called dissonance.
Pic related.
You wanted feedback, you got it. If you're happy with how it sounds, fine.

you think it's bad? darn

>you think it's bad? darn
After you said everyone was mean to you in the last thread I tried the hardest I could to say something nice about it. The only nice thing I could say was "make something simpler for practice first".

ok

the part that starts at 1:04 is really damn cool. mind if i ask how you produced such a sound? i'm a bit of a noob at this.

Holy Ghost this is actually lit what the

Worst music ever made.

not bad. very good actually.

nice samefag, but fuck off to the soundcloud thread cunt.

This is some solid stuff really, you have actuallt unique and refined sound for someone that shitposts in prod threads I'm actually impressed.

youtube.com/watch?v=7-_8qZW1CBA

I've listened to your stuff in the past and I l really dig your stuff are you ever going to release an album?

You are the most blatent samefag ever.

who uses crossfeed with headphones here? is it good enough to produce on it? any good software/hardware you can rec?

my wife can't stop listening to Ninja Interlude ever since I showed her

>any good software/hardware you can rec?
Linux Mint and AMD processors.

gr8 b8 8/8

trying to incorporate sounds from software and video game consoles in a way that isn't gimmicky. i think people overlook them for that reason, so im trying to use them in a way that isnt just, lol chiptune bro.

also if you're gonna listen i'd appreciate if you dont just skip thru the track because i feel like it loses some of the impact that way

clyp.it/guvwraur

dude you need to learn to accept criticism... your song just isn't that hot lol. make consonant music before you make dissonant music.

oh, also forgot to post this one, it's less developed tho so be gentle

clyp.it/0x3qeubd

People in the last thread were right

>clyp.it/guvwraur
It feels like it's building up all the way through but never releasing.
Needs a more prominent bass.
When do the drops, don't drop volume to 0 and slow fade in, it's too much. Drop to like 40% or something, otherwise it feels like the song stops and starts.
I mean if you did have it stop and start, it would be ok if the fade in starts on the start of the bar, but the fade is cutting that off right now.
I did listen all the way through without skipping, and it's nice enough but it feels like an eternal intro.

the melodies were good, but the song
just repeats after a point, and got boring
note to future self: skype noises and orchestral soundtracks don't mix

>clyp.it/0x3qeubd
I think the best thing for this would be to get a more realistic choir VST.

thanks, i agree on all points. altho the "intro" feeling makes sense to me (and is quasi-deliberate) because this is meant to be an opener for the album

>note to future self: skype noises and orchestral soundtracks don't mix
y?

listen to your music and maybe you'll find out

>this is meant to be an opener for the album
Eh fair enough I guess, but I'd cut down on the length still a little. As long as the next track bangs I guess it would work.
>>note to future self: skype noises and orchestral soundtracks don't mix
Yeah, don't do that.

second note (since i accidentally posted too early last one) is that i'm not really aiming for a "realistic" or even "orchestral" sound... i think that's a bit backwards. i like the really generic sounds of these presets -- it presents kind of a challenge to make something out of these totally flawed, unrealistic sounds

Ouch, maybe you're right

u know i still think it sounds good so i am gonna keep it, i can get where you guys are coming from though.

trying not to be close minded. taking in all u anons' advice. partially biffed because re-structuring these tracks will take a loooong time

>i like the really generic sounds of these presets -- it presents kind of a challenge to make something out of these totally flawed, unrealistic sounds
You gonna do sound design on them properly when it's finished?

i'll try lol. sound design is not my forte but i'll give it a shot

Just play with some FX on each thing (try everything, flange, chorus, reverb, whatever.) and try EQing each synth as well. Listen to the synth, see which frequency band it sits in and try to isolate it there a little.

Yeah it's completely awful. Sorry. I feel bad because you're probably a kid and saying that will hurt your confidence, but it has to happen sometime, and you seem to have an inflated sense of entitlement. When I started making music I never posted it places like here because I knew it sucked. I deleted every track I finished because it sucked. I had done other things before and I knew from experience you always suck before doing anything you haven't invested years of your life into. Period. You're going to suck for a long time. That's a fact, and trying to defend your unpracticed dinky blips and bloops as if it's some grand artistic statement is going to slow you down and very likely demoralize you from going further because you have entitlement to acceptance. No, the audience does. You prove to us that it is worth listening to. Didn't give it time to develop? Of course I didn't. That's your job to seduce us in.

Just spend more time making music and don't try to defend something you didn't spend a significant portion of your life on. Shit isn't free. You didn't work for that. I am guessing that took you a few hours to a day of work as a very inexperienced musician. If you expect results for even the next half year you're gonna be miserable. Some days I end up mastering something for 16 hours only at the end of the day to slam my fist down and undo all of my changes. C'mon man. People spend their lives doing this. It's hard shit. Fuck, art is The HARDEST shit. You can't expect something for basically nothing. Spend a few hundred hours in whatever you're using and you'll probably have a decent track by then.

This guy is completely wrong btw.

Cool, I don't care about you. You're a devoid sentence in a digital representation of a real life scenario I only microscopically care about anyway, just because it reminds me of how I used to be with all the things I quit before I learned how to suck. You're "anonymous" like everyone else, so your deadpan unsupported opinion really has a 0 value/vote count if we're looking at this like an opinion democracy or hive mind. He just needs to read it and you're a font type on my monitor. That's my que because I haven't slept in 30 hours.

I love you (no homo).
Please post as often as possible.

Based mods, cheers.

Is this a new pasta?

saved for further using

dude can you post wav, i'd try to do a remix

www36.zippyshare.com/v/T17mMedO/file.html
I'll always be around for those who know why I'm here.
-wip user

Post to clypit, I get bombarded with ads and new tabs.

Adblock my dude.
clyp.it/wdxgl0ts.

From the last thread:
>youtu.be/3Z1h2VE0hzs

Interesting how you guys shit on every single YT video I post. Literally too contrarian for it amirite?

I can never figure out when is something sampled. Okay, the vocals probably are, but I don't think the rest is?

I can't into sound design, I don't know how to start remaking those synths and what would be the best choice for it: Serum, Sylenth or some native FL plugin like Harmor. Chords are not the problem since it's true they are pretty simple.

I know how to operate some of those plugins but I don't know where to start. Can't even choose the appropriate wave shape. Are there some good learning resources for it? There sure has to be some theory behind it.

clyp.it/tcyz1oso

Damn, I listened to this on my phone and it feels like it has a triple amount of reverb it had when I listened to it on PC. How does it sound to you, respond please?

not a fan of sidechan but all rest sounds okay
>I know how to operate some of those plugins but I don't know where to start
use different wave morphing algorithms, use resampling, combine it with different effects, use catchy melodies and rhythmic patterns

POST DISCORD FUCKERZ

sounds nice
what is that instrument?

Orange Tree Strawberry electric guitar. Thanks.

Yeah, I didn't mean how do I start making music, but idk how to get gud at copying sounds I hear. I tried to remake synths in that video but I can't.

>idk how to get gud at copying sounds I hear
4000 hrs sound design. get to it

>Yeah, I didn't mean how do I start making music, but idk how to get gud at copying sounds I hear. I tried to remake synths in that video but I cant.
Download/buy a basic synth (I use Monark) and use it to make as many sounds as possible, start by making kicks, snares and hats, build your own drum kits from that synth. Then make stabs, basses, pads, chimes, bells, woodblocks, rain , thunder, sea and anything you can think of noises...soon you will know how to dial in for certain types of sounds. If you eve get stuck just load up the init and mess about with it for a few hours. I've spent hundreds of hours and drunk thousands of beers just noodling about with Monark.

>some facebook vst giveaway
>don't have facebook
Eh, fuck it then.

clyp.it/10edik2w

What do you think, Sup Forums?
What's this track missing?

Plus once you've learnt the basics of synthesis you've got to learn to recognise all the effects and processes that go over the top of the synth.
A synth sound with a load of chorus and reverb on it is going to be a challenge to make plus then you'll need to ad the chorus and reverbs in the right amounts

it's dry and magicless

Bump

Tell me, everybody. How do YOU add variety to your music? It can be subtle or more.