What does Sup Forums think of Math Rock?

What does Sup Forums think of Math Rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9INO6a3LkWw
youtube.com/watch?v=SL2e6w01xEY
youtube.com/watch?v=aanM-pAdUZc
youtube.com/watch?v=KoNtq1Nr7JQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XBzoHdb1-Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=QiIL1VtjE48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like it at some points. I feel like the use of odd time can make for unique and interesting music. But like everything there's a point where it becomes to much and non-musical.

sometimes decent, usually low effort

Indie Rock for kids with Autism

When done right, it's amazing. And by that I mean not beating the listener over the head with your crazy guitar taps and shit. The song needs to flow nicely and have a good sense of rhythm and beat. I also love when it's combined with other genres like post-hardcore and skramz.
youtube.com/watch?v=9INO6a3LkWw

>mathy post-hardcore and skramz

been listening to a lot of Off Minor recently, mathy screamo that gets almost jazzy at points, recommending them highly for anyone into this kinda stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=SL2e6w01xEY

Absolutely love Off Minor. Great example that I almost posted instead of Clever Girl but figured I'd just stick with posting strictly math rock for the sake of the thread.

anybody have any recs if i prefer math rock thats more influenced by prog like king crimson than post-hardcore and emo?

Don Caballero is really underrated among the general music community (i.e. outside math rock circles)

In my opinion, prog and math rock have distinctly different sounds, so why not just listen to more prog in it's various forms?

Not really prog/King Crimson influence but you might like these dudes.

youtube.com/watch?v=aanM-pAdUZc

Not that guy but this is killer stuff. Cheers!

No problem man, their album was easily one of my favorites from last year.

Nephews (Bath's side project when he was in college)

I love math rock in the vein of post-hardcore but instrumental noodlecore bores me to tears usually. When it's clear the emphasis was on time signatures and tapping, I lose interest.

Anyone got some good Japanese math rock?

it's probably the most fedoric genre you can find. well, besides kpop and other asian shit but i guess that's a given.

japanese math rock is the fucking worst.

youtube.com/watch?v=KoNtq1Nr7JQ

eh not really, math rockers are p chill dudes

fedora music is more like electro swing and shit like that

I like it, particularly a lot of British math rock/pop from the mid-2000s onwards like Meet Me In St Louis, Tubelord and Three Trapped Tigers.

Also adore Tera Melos and they need to hurry the fuck up with their new album.

Is this Math Rock?

youtube.com/watch?v=XBzoHdb1-Qw

I love that this band is getting traction around here. Just saw them live the other day

Math rock is p cool. I like it best with noise influences.
youtube.com/watch?v=QiIL1VtjE48