So why is this considered an absolute masterpiece in the music canon again?

So why is this considered an absolute masterpiece in the music canon again?

It has like, 2 or 3 good tracks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vtsFFcIsefc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Closer is better.

>singer dies or kills himself
>DAMM BESTA ALBUM EVER

If you wanted people to know that you're a pleb you could have just said so

be more intuitive listeners

Reminder that if your favourite Joy Division song is Love Will Tear Us Apart, Transmission or Disorder you are a pleb.

What would be patrician choices?

Best Joy Division song isn't even a Joy Division song.

Literally anything else.

Those are just the three songs people who haven't actually listened to Unknown Pleasures and Closer always say are their favourites.

What song is that?

I've heard Unknown Pleasures and Closer and Love Will Tear Us Apart is still their best song.

Ceremony.

>It has like, 2 or 3 good tracks.

listen to it more

You're being too generous with how many good tracks it has

It was considered a masterpiece long before Ian did himself in

Those are literally their only songs that don't make me want to hang myself

i mean, joy division is music for people that wanna hang themselves, so

Well, they were so shite that Ian Curtis offed himself

joy division sucks

I felt the same way as you when I first listened to it - great opening track, second track was okay, and then the rest of the album was basically boring atmospherics and ineffective emoting.

But then I let it sink in. You kind of need to hear it in the right mindset - listen to it when your mind is totally calm and you have a lot of patience, and also listen to it when your mind is totally clear so you're receptive to everything happening. After listening to it with that kind of mindset, the album blew me away - the entire fucking thing. It really is a great album IMO.

The other thing is, Joy Division, and especially Unknown Pleasures, is usually something I feel meh about, but when I'm deeply depressed it's the best thing ever both for relating to and for catharsis (I feel the same way about Rites of Spring)

Proof that JD is for emos

it's self-defeating to trip if you have shit taste in music

>long before
it was out for like six months. and no, it was not considered a masterpiece

Also why is the production so crap?

>Let's make it as empty and thin as possible

WHY

This is very true. Also, if you see the movie "control" about Curtis it makes you feel the album more and more

it was getting near perfect reviews and was being hyped up as the next big thing from the moment it came out do some research before you just make shit up

You tell me motherfucker

This

yeah that was basically me listening to this album

especially when you start to "get" the lyrics. im already emotionally taxed by the end of disorder and then day of the lords comes on and i'm questioning if i'm even ready for this depressing shit

wow so deep

soulshattering lyrics, ahead-of-its-time production, atmosphere, the distinctive bass, etc

>Disorder
>Day Of The Lords
>Insight
>New Dawn Fades
>She's Lost Control
>I Remember Nothing
all of them are 10/10 songs

I own a shirt of this btw

Insight, Decades

those are my favs

Twenty Four Hours nigger

see

youtube.com/watch?v=vtsFFcIsefc

of course I like 24 hours, of course

>no atrocity exhibition
absolutely disgusting

Transmission is a god-tier single you pentanigger.

This

2-3 good tracks if you feel really generous. It's music, it's no one-size-fits-all. I hate this pile of shit, and I'm sure Sup Forums hates everything I like. Deal with it, OP. and deal with my shit taste in music, Sup Forums.

You all suck dicks anyways.

what?

Joy division.... More like shit division. Amirite or what guys?

Right, guys?

Right?

A lot of people didn't get it at the time either--so you're ok. I'm gonna keep loving it though. New dawn fades. wew. That's powerful to me.

more like Joy Shit

The problem with you guys is that you listen to all these legendary albums like DSOTM and unknown pleasures after you've gone on Sup Forums. You can't judge these albums based on the music alone.
every track on UP is a 9 at least, this album's greatness becomes clear after repeated listens. The problem with people listening to these classics only after discovering Sup Forums is that you go into them expecting them to blow your mind, they won't. They're just good albums with no weakpoints that anyone except you guys can point out.

Atrocity Exhibition
Shadowplay

Ceremony is a Joy Division song, his homies just had to release it after Ian hung himself

what's with all these non-suicidal faggots on Sup Forums lately
i thought we were all depressed

Only someone born in a vacuum would be able to judge DSOTM on music alone. Sup Forums has nothing to do with that, in fact no one here really even talks about it.

this, The Eternal too

Joy Division is the one band where almost every single band they influenced is better.

I respect them for that, but I won't willingly listen to Joy Division unless someone else puts it on.

more like Shit Shit

N E W D A W N F A D E S

Lol. Right on bro. Seems like someone here know good music.

>Joy Division is the one band where almost every single band they influenced is better.

true to a point. Interpol is better, Killers, not so much.