What the fuck is this shit

What the fuck is this shit

hey look! it's th flaming lips' second best album!
the best is obviously clouds taste metallic

this shit is a 10/10 album

That's a pretty good album yo

>not Embryonic

I listened to this in like fucking November 2014 and it was strange how average it felt. It just washed over me. I felt like I should've enjoyed it a lot more.

a great album

that's not The Terror, tho

Honestly... Same.
Given the music I listen to and enjoy, I should love Flaming Lips, but I tried many times and I can't seem to. I just don't find them memorable at all.

Anyone prefer At War with the Mystics to Yoshimi? Yoshimi was more consistent in tone and quality, but Mystics had bigger high points and my personal fave Lips track in the Sound of Failure.

This. I also feel this way about MGMT.

I dunno but I liked it

Yoshimi is just alright, there's only three memorable tracks on it for me really, being: Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots part 1, Do You Realize?, and Fight Test, but those are only memorable for personal reasons that won't apply to many people. I liked At War with the Mystics better but I can't stand the yeah yeah yeah song unfortunately. Probably the only song on that album I actually dislike.

it's shit, like you said.

have you tried any of their others ive really been diggin the terror since its release

MGMT is worse than Flaming Lips though. The Lips are just kinda okay I guess but some MGMT songs are actually shit.

why has no one mentioned The Soft Bulletin yet
am i missing something here

It's the new meme to reject all relations with Sup Forumscore bro

the soft bulletins objectively their best but its old and i would imagine that many lips fans such as myself have just listened to it to death

closer to their worst honestly

This should really be sub Sup Forumscore. Regardless of opinions, it's discussed a lot.

agreed there is just something about it that bores me

Zaireeka is their best work. The Train Runs Over the Camel but is Derailed by the Gnat is my jam.