youtube.com/watch?v=wuDx6_PLIVk&ab_channel=MinorThreat81
youtube.com/watch?v=JrGzypUk5vQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jvQE-G6CXWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sUAUjz2JVlE
youtube.com/watch?v=13vccVucTPc
youtube.com/watch?v=1zOytYfcXmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Almost went to this.
Thank god I didn't support mental illness.

>afropunk
no

>implying Afropunk Fest has any actual punk

>wearing a black suit outside on a sunny day
that guy's gonna be sweating bullets

>afropunk
>implying any wordpunk "genre" is punk

DUDE IM BLACK BUT I LISTEN TO DIFFERENT MUSIC OTHER THAN RAP LMAO IM SO DIFFERENT

Punk always had a strong social justice component tho

But in the popular context, punk was dead in 76

yo but tyler the creator is playing there and he's done all of that.

yes

No

yeah but he's black so its fine

no

youtube.com/watch?v=IcYeRPtWi7A
Published on Jan 8, 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=6WHTklDWedQ
Published on April 21, 2016

smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/
released January 16, 2016

burntpalms.bandcamp.com/album/back-on-my-wall-2
released February 5, 2016

One of these things is not like the other

i dont think punk has to be inflammatory to be punk tbqhwy

i was thinking of going to this but im white. Maybe if they yell at me ill claim its ableism because whiteness is a disability.

>no hatefulness
>punk
>
>>

youtube.com/watch?v=DcIOTRDswF8

classic

punk has always appealed to both far left and far right groups

this image shouldn't be surprising

a lot more far left than far right, but yeah

people repeat the "punk = rebellion!!!!" meme but social justice has always been a pretty big part of a lot of punk subgenres

art punk
synth punk
hardcore punk
garage punk
horror punk
cowpunk
anarcho-punk
What do I win?

Are you a whiny little reactionary bitch? Clearly.

You're the person reacting.

i dont really think actual punks do either, OP prolly just browses pol or some shit

to your peers ... at the show ...

wasn't punk founded on the same principles?

they are all black

Punk was a rebellion against the status quo in music and culture.
This festival is the most safe example of social movements, and is not at all punk.
It's a big black hugbox.

OP's the one that was mad about the image.

Exactly.

youtube.com/watch?v=p4EVj76htYs

youtube.com/watch?v=axGsg3fPm84

youtube.com/watch?v=IwsVWZ-c8Eo

have you actually looked at the status quo outside of the internet

Yea op is an idiot punk has always held these principles

Well shit giant banner I was gonna be all those things thanks for reminding me to not be a giant shitlord!!!!

Yes, and you can't take one step outside of PC culture without being reminded you're surrounded by middle age half-hippies that put a man in office because he was black, and continue to entertain this generation of BLM.

SNL, Daily Show, John Oliver. This is pop news which supports fanatical American liberalism. The only media that supports the right are smalltime news networks, and Fox, which everyone scoffs at every time they hear about it.
They are the status quo.

Every underground punk show I've been to could be said to prescribe by these. I don't know what you're on about, OP.

punk isn't for conservatives. sorry for your loss

One of the most known figures was a conservative (johnny ramone)

Yea because you've only been to punk shows in the last 5 years of hippy love everyone bullshit

Original punk was more like Death grips, fuck everyone and the world I just wanna fuck and do drugs

Are you all autismo
Afropunk Fest is just hip-hop and p4kcore there's no punk bands

>the last 5 years of hippie love everyone bullshit

the first crass album came out in 1978 m8

yeah, and he's notable because of how completely abnormal he was in the context of the community. outside of him, you have fear, that one dude from x and......not too much else

and he's the minority

Punk's not dead it's different, and afropunk isn't punk it's Tumblr cancer.

I'm not saying punk is conservative, I'm saying it's not liberal.

Afropunk fest isn't punk at all, that being said, nah punk isn't dead.

However a lot of punks nowadays are annoying beatdown nails fan kiddos

youtube.com/watch?v=JkICznLrnew
From the new Savages album "Adore Life", out January 22, 2016

>genre rooted in anti corporate anarchism isn't liberal

>NO HATEFULNESS
FUCK THE POLICE YO

>implying cops are people

Do you seriously think US liberalism is about anarchism when it's all about making the government solve all your problems?

punk is, by and large, leftist

Why is -phobia suffix now the go-to for bigotry? A phobia is supposed to be an illogical fear. People who discriminate against fat people are not afraid of them. Homophobia kind of made sense when it was first coined but bigotry is bigotry, not illogical fear.

he never said that, do you know how to read?

because homophobia made sense when it was first coined like you said, when people were looking for a word to describe similar forms of bigotry they modelled those words after it

Yes he did.
He said it's rooted in anti-corporate anarchism.
Anarchy is the lack of a government.
youtube.com/watch?v=wuDx6_PLIVk&ab_channel=MinorThreat81
It sure as fuck isn't about the "don't hate anybody, don't offend anybody, let people be degenerates without comment" pussification of the west, that much is sure.

no he said anti-corporate anarchism is liberal not that liberalism is anti corporate anarchism.

"genre rooted in anti corporate anarchism isn't liberal"

it is rooted in anti corporate anarchism, thats liberal.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrGzypUk5vQ

youtube.com/watch?v=jvQE-G6CXWQ

youtube.com/watch?v=sUAUjz2JVlE

youtube.com/watch?v=13vccVucTPc

youtube.com/watch?v=1zOytYfcXmw

i could post a hell of a lot more punk and hardcore songs condemning racism, sexism, homophobia, and other forms of bigotry, but since you're using "degenerate" unironically i'm assuming you already have your mind made up

Punk has literally always been this. It was born out of a rebellion against the corruption of the status quo that perpetuated the things on that sign.

no

Wow this comment is so ill-informed. I'm totally anti-corporate and wouldn't really consider myself a liberal.

punk is a meme

>this one dude is posting shit like nausea and mdc
those aren't punk bands, those are hippies.

Yeah, but it used to also pretend to be "cool" instead now they're more uptight than our parents.

>actually using the word "pussification"
jesus christ, how insecure can you be

Their atl lineup last year was fucking bonkers
I bought tickets and it said online the festival would go on, rain or shine

It got cancelled due to "severe weather" (it was sunny all weekend)
Cool "punk" festival

The real reason it got cancelled, or at least so I heard, was because D'angelo (the major headliner) wasn't going to be able to make it so they just cancelled the whole thing and said fuck off to everyone

I'm still salty

>Yeah, but it used to also pretend to be "cool" instead now they're more uptight than our parents.
its really fuckin' bizarre, isn't it? when i was a punk rocker we were quite anti-pc and severely disliked fascist ultrapc crusters, but we knew enough to begrudgingly respect their basic human right to make awful life choices and hold differing sociopolitical views.

can't say the same for the crusters views on us, though. commies & nazis (& crusters) give 'em the boot!

punk is for faggot losers without jobs or taste

>the punk scene is full of SJWs

Stop the presses!

cute frog

The punk scene has been full of people vocally promoting these values since the 70s, what is your problem?

But isn't punk supposed to be a hateful?

neo-conservative kids know fucking shit about anything and will willfully and retardedly invent a fake version of history to fit their anti-"SJW" view of things

Punk

I don't care about your shitty music, I'm just here to shitpost about what whiny bitchtards you all are

Afropunk is more like Cyberpunk, or Steampunk, than it is a music genre defining word

i dont know anything but if its about bringing together and bringing out the black and rebellious, sounds like cool beans. especially if it means a good festival lineup like that comes around. not everyone is so lucky to get fests like that, especially in Atlanta where from what i see is mostly bad stoner fests and country

>i dont know anything but if its about bringing together and bringing out the black and rebellious, sounds like cool beans.

wanna know how i know you're a white-guilt liberal goober?

no guilt for being supportive, posi vibes broham

>fatphobia

kek

>far right
What kind of punk have you been listening to
(nazi punks fuck off)

Yeah didn't you hear? Punk was actually founded by hitler so stop indoctrinating me.
cuck.

punk was already dead after 1979

Yep, and I'm going to bring it back from the dead.

fuck yeah

no

Yeah because thinking being obese is bad and a unhealthy lifestyle must mean you're scared of fat people

t. skinhead

Yeah but you can hold those beliefs without being an absolute cunt like most of the antifat crowd.

theres absolutely no reason to be an asshole to fat people at shows for it though

ask me how i know you dont get out

>that list
>punk

How is it cool and edgy to follow rules?

it's amazing how many of you people misunderstand punk so completely.

Right, I forgot everything is being pussified. Have fun in your poetry courses.

I agree it doesn't help to be a cunt, But we shame people who smoke or drink alcohol but have a whole movement of excepting obese people who just stuff themselves with fast food in which is the same as slowly killing yourself smoking.

this

the fact that everyone ITT thinks punk is about being offensive, exclusive and anti-rules shows why the movement is fucking dead

not really

punk was originally about taking bare bones rock and roll and influences from 50s music and speeding it up

it was originally about dumb fun music

then the leftists ruined it like they ruined everything and injected it with insufferable whining

How in anyway am i being an asshole by saying it's a bad way of living to be obese?

you know a show's a social thing right
you don't talk to people at shows and be like "hey i have no idea whether or not you're actively trying to improve yourself but wow you are fat your lifestyle is terrible"

only because its populated by poseurs

how about DIY

DIY is inherently anti-government
leftists are all about expanding the government so it helps you along with everything, DIY spits on this

punk is extremely rightwing in its political ideation, its just been bandwagoned by exploitive liberals so much so most people equate punks with SJW crap

That's an oversimplification, it's always been about a rejection of societal norms (which were right wing)

>original punk was more like death grips

Ah, summer

>ableism
>ageism
what