Now that the dust has settled, are you ready to admit that pic-related is the greatest single of 2016?

Now that the dust has settled, are you ready to admit that pic-related is the greatest single of 2016?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2Xys_LVaf8
youtube.com/watch?v=mqM3Z3rWlAI
youtube.com/watch?v=c_c3GBrWsao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not posting the far superior 'part 2'
youtube.com/watch?v=H2Xys_LVaf8

Is that Ja Rule

nah that would be pneumonia

beat me to it

I wish.
youtube.com/watch?v=mqM3Z3rWlAI

Yes and 22, over soon

It's breathtakingly average.

I would have dug this nine years ago when I was 11. But metallica is just so fucking bad and bland compared to almost any other thrash act.

exquisite

bump

10/10

i'm too scared I will die of cringe if I listen to it

>that solo
Kirk's really stepped up his game
:^)

god i fucking hate that album/single cover.

As for the song its okay. Least they're "trying". Sounds like they're actually attempting some sort of way back into people's good graces again.

'trying' how exactly? I would call that single the opposite of trying tbqh

It's like "trying" to be thrash again after we've been through death magnetic and Lulu, with nothing for ages and it just feel like they've stepped aside and gone.

>fuck guys, we're out of touch what the fuck do we possibly do to get even our diehard fans back
>lets just try do garage inc or kill 'em all again
>but james literally cant sing anymore.
>fuck it just try.

What kills this song the most and drives me fucking nuts is the production. It's fucking weightless and the drums have zero impact, they sound like tapping than actual beating drums. Not to mention the lyrics coming from megastar billionaires trying for angst.

>coming from megastar billionaires trying for angst
I think you're onto to something here. Not just the lyrics, the whole fucking shebang. The problem is, it's virtually impossible to convey the filthy, sweaty grit of good, honest thrash metal when you're playing solid gold guitars and have butlers literally wiping your assholes.
It's all so fucking phoney.

Yeah exactly. Metal's a fine fucking line, it's all theatrics and playing for the image, the moment we saw pic related or when they did the napster thing, or the time they got a fucking psychologist to sort the band's ego problems out. Any lavish lifestyle un-relatable stuff they did to destroy that classic image of 4 kids drowning berlin out with noise back in the 80's has just never recovered for them.

So they're trying to somehow come back from that. I was walking in times square 2 weeks ago, and I see a big advertisement for some show and its literally all rappers and then finally they show metallica on screen and I was like

>what the fuck is this anymore?

Then I walk into clothing stores, like hipster as fuck ones and see nothing but metallica shirts everywhere. Slayer's no better but at least they try to keep the image & hide the big bucks.

It's just a real shame they persist in flogging that putrid rotting horse. How much more money do they need for fucks sake.

The only question that actually matters is will it be better than Dystopia?

dude, they arent doing it for the money. say what you will about Metallica, but they definitely still believe in making art. or trying to.

just look at how much they spend so much money on Vanity projects like the movie and live shit and whatever else.

so bad

who cares about metallica still?

A lot more than actually should tbqh judging by their latest heap of shit on youtube. Goddam people are fucking morons.

>nuff said

>read the first line
>read the last line
>not doing it, ain't reading that.

It's pretty funny desu. Autismal levels off the fucking scoreboard.

>Metal's a fine fucking line, it's all theatrics and playing for the image
It was literally never about that, unless you're talking about entry level buttmetal

don't know where you get the nerve to diss him he works in astrophysics idiot

yeah, so metallica.

What a stupid asshole.
I wanna say this is a troll but unfortunately I know people like this irl.

hes most likely a high functioning autism warrior

maybe it will be like that episode of Metalocalypse where dethklok tries to go back to their roots and play shitty gigs

It sounds ok when they played it live. Mainly because the album/single's production is so fucking garbage it makes it seem way better in comparison.
Metallica haven't been great since Ride the Lightning anyway. At least some bands still know how to thrash youtube.com/watch?v=c_c3GBrWsao although the bass drum could be better.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

OOYEAAAH
YAYAYAYEAAHHH

I do appreciate his point about Metallica writing lyrics that deal with real issues, even if they're personal to them. A lot of metal lacks meaningful lyricism, in my opinion.

The new track is garbage though, Death Magnetic was surprisingly ok, not god awful, so maybe this won't be St Anger tier. I stopped caring about Metallica when i turned 15 though, so eh.

Is that Eddy Murphy on the cover ?