youtube.com/watch?v=EeeNSFIajsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this the one with the cuckoo song

a classic and i love it but objectively shite

I like Tigermilk more.

pleb

it's great
you're a hopeless unbeliever

Title track is the second best song Stuart has ever written. The first being Lazy Line Painter Jane ofc.

Their best, followed closely by Tigermilk, then TBWTAS and FYHCYWLAP, and then everything else is a huge drop in quality

Incredible album. I love everything about it but whenever I play it my pleb friends say Stuart can't sing. You gotta be a special kind of pleb to dislike this album.

He can't sing? what do they listen to classical? top 40 rnb? I don't get how someone could think that he cannot sing

contrarian beatles, but still ok

An all around great record, but in a weird way I like Tigermilk better.

agreeeed

this

no

It's boring.

why

how are they live? got a ticket for free to see them this weekend.
haven't listened to a full album yet, I've only heard what my semi-pleb friends used to play at lame parties years ago

it's probably because he has kind of a soft voice, not much vibrato

from the videos I've seen of their performances it seems like they'd be kind of underwhelming. They play mostly their sweet and happy songs without some of the more somber stuff. I'd still see them though, especially for free.

I don't know it just is.

I hate myself for being gay Christiancore.

It's easy listening and I always enjoy it.

One of my favorite songs of all time. People who call it objectively shite

like this guy

Have a stick up their ass and probably like Beat Happening which is actual shit.

The brits just do it better with twee

>Beat Happening which is actual shit

totally this, never understood the hype about them

what song is it?

I think Beat Happening pretty good, not great, but it has some cute and catchy songs.

beat happening is amazing. british twee is better, yeah, but one of heavenly's best songs still has calvin johnson on it

You Turn Me On is really good but other than that yeah i agree.

B&S are definitely the best twee by far.

youtube.com/watch?v=EeeNSFIajsI
goat
Sinister is a great record and i prefer it to most Beat Happening stuff i've listened but they are pretty good too

>The brits just do it better with twee
true for the most part and I like belle and sebastian a lot more than this but 69 Love Songs has some amazing cute twee pop songs.

A masterpiece and my favourite album. Beat Happening is also fucking good though, for the guy here that claimed otherwise.

finally a pop general
i hope there will be more in the future

I love the Magnetic Fields and Beat Happening but there's kind of an ironic distance between the performer and the song that Belle and Sebastian bridges. Of course that's actually an important part of the whole Magnetic Fields project, and I think some of Heather's songs om the Beat Happening debut also kind of gets there.

Dear Catastrophe Waitress > Sinister > Arab Strap > Tigermilk > Push Barman > Fold Your Hands Child > Life Pursuit > > Girls in Peacetime > Write About Love > > > Storytelling

only like it because i heard it was a 10/10 so i kept listening to it. also hate the smiths.

Favourite beat happening song?
mine is teenage caveman

>The brits just do it better with twee
are you talking about B&S?

they're scottish...

not enough love for life pursuit which is #4 after sinister, tigermilk, waitress

the only good album in belle and sebastian's horrendous discography

Last time I checked, Scotland was in Great Britain

>scots
>not brits
pick one