What is Sup Forums's honest opinion about pop punk? Love it? Hate it? Tell me how you feel

What is Sup Forums's honest opinion about pop punk? Love it? Hate it? Tell me how you feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bzFsCX9LrHg
crusades666.bandcamp.com/album/perhaps-you-deliver-this-judgment-with-greater-fear-than-i-receive-it
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not a huge fan of straight-up pop punk but i like stuff that flirts with emo

jawbreaker, joyce manor, title fight, the hotelier, and especially the get up kids

Pop-punk is my go to genre. I haven't listened to much, but pic related is good. Sup Forums generally considers pop-punk to be pleb-tier, so just be prepared.

I like the Descendants and that's it

I love it but I've been to sad to listen to any lately.
youtube.com/watch?v=bzFsCX9LrHg

Neck Deep is surprisingly pretty good despite most modern pop-punk not being too great overall.

I'm a really big fan of older fall out boy, brand new, blink, say anything, and the wonder years. I will admit that most of the genre is pretty irredeemable once you branch out and discover more nuanced and better written music, but those bands have stuck with me.

I like Nothing Feels Good

Pop Punk is good. "Pop Punk" derived from people growing up during the Green Day days is shit.

I love the old stuff. If anyone has 90s stuff, obscure one hits Eurotrip-esque bands, please post

SR-71
Lustra
The Lashes
Fenix TX
Zebrahead

Love some of it

>TSSF
>The Wonder Years
>Neck Deep
>Fireworks
>Joyce Manor
>The Hotelier
the list goes on...

But some of it is shit

The album you posted is great btw

mi6
brodie
mest
7-10 split
knockout
nuclear saturday
cauterize

I wonder if that autist is gonna show up and post completely unrelated entry-level pv again because OP says "punk"

crusades666.bandcamp.com/album/perhaps-you-deliver-this-judgment-with-greater-fear-than-i-receive-it

This band is edgy af but it's one of the few bands doing something interesting in a completely barren genre. Also checkout Brainless God by Direct Hit!.

Take out the story so far, citizen and Joyce manor and replace them with: Direct Hit! - Brainless God
Crusades - Perhaps you deliver...
The Menzingers - on the impossible past

Take out Tigers Jaw and replace it with Total by Teenage Bottlerocket, they even have members from the Lillingtons.
Pop punk gets a bad rap because the most well known stuff is mostly limp trash, if you want slow power pop listen to the thermals and weezer. Emo pop is fucking garbage

Take out
>The story so far
No way Jose
>Citizen
Meh maybe
>Joyce Manor
No

But thanks for the recs

Love the classics. Modern stuff like ND and TSSF are good in small doses. Was thinking of going to Chainfest.

>Emo pop is fucking garbage
take that back you fag...

Title Fight became 100% more interesting when they dropped the pop punk thing.

thanks man

yeah i really like their non pop-punk stuff as well

Hey guys take out this stuff that most of you guys agreed on were great and add this completely unkown group that I enjoy instead!

Wew lad is it your band or what?

I grew up on it, I still listen to it occasionally when I'm feel nostalgic and angsty.

Pls don't die I liked this thread

Fuck you Brandon

More like this?

literally

Cigar - speed is relative
Lucky boys confusion - commitment
Relient k - two lefts dont make a right

>Pop
>Punk